on 13 April 2012
This little camera is well worth the money. Picture is great in the right light conditions capturing everything with the right sized micro SD card inserted. (Reminder there is no micro SD when camera arrives, Takes up to 16GB SD card).

Pros:
* Great slim design which looks stylish unlike of big brick mounting cameras.
* Great quality picture when in the correct light conditions.
* You receive all of the extras for mounting the camera everywhere.
* Easy to move data on to computer.

Cons:
* The handle bar mount don't hold the camera correctly because it can still move around when tightened. I used a little bit of tape around the camera so it sits tight when tightened.
* The sound quality is kind of poor. Even when there is no wind it doesn't pick up sound like a normal camera.
* No SD card when received.
on 16 February 2012
Paid for next day delivery on this item, which I got, well done Amazon!

The product itself appears identical to ones that you can get elsewhere (imports from China) for less money. Same spec and same design.

The unit itself is small which is a plus. After charging it I recorded a quick sample video indoors. The room was light and the sun was out, however, the recorded image was very dark and grainy. It does state in the instructions that it doesn't work well in low light, however, I wouldn't have said that this was low light myself, but I guess that is subjective for different people. Pointing the camera outside where there was more natural light appeared to work better and in fairness, this camera is sold as an "action" camera so I doubt very much that you'd be using it indoors in any case!

I then decided that I was going to take it a spin on the MTB to try it outside and here comes the fun part! The unit comes with a "helmet" strap. Basically its single strap with a bit of Velcro on it. I have 5 MTB helmets and this strap would not sit and stay in place on any of them - it just kept riding up and falling off! A very poor design. It does come with some stick on Velcro strips, however, I'm not about to start sticking bits of Velcro onto expensive Helmets thank you very much! Luckily, I had a "proper" helmet strap for a head mounted torch which I have doctored, stuck a bit of Velcro onto it and it appears to be quite stable on my helmets thus far! (time will tell of course!)

Okay I thought, I'll try the bike mount that comes with it. I unfastened the camera holder and after prizing it apart as far as I could without the risk of snapping it I managed to get an inch of the camera into it. It then struck me that if I were to continue pushing the camera into the holder then the record/on/off button would be sat underneath a solid piece of plastic rendering it unreachable! Again, what a poor design! Likewise with the mount onto the handlebars. Unless you have a child's bike there is no way that the mount can be attached to the handlebar because with the rubber grommet(?) in it is simply too small. If you do remove the rubber from inside it then yes, it will fasten, however you are then going to have to mess around finding something else to go in its place in order to protect your bars from being scratched.

As someone else has already mentioned, its pretty much a guessing game as to whether or not you are recording once the camera is on your head because you cannot see the small led's - I can't see mine at all due to me having to doctor the head strap to fit my helmets. Its pretty much a case of press it and hope that its recording!

You get what you pay for and yes, this is fairly cheap (although as stated above you can get the same thing from China cheaper), I think that some work needs to be done on the straps and mounts in order to make this an all round camera.

Overall, its cheap, it records video and sound and it connects to the pc with no problems.

For someone looking for a cheap and cheerful camera for the outdoors, you can't really knock it, however, for someone looking to produce high quality footage and be sure that they are actually recording then I would suggest something else although it is going to cost you a lot more!

Good luck!
on 26 February 2012
I've decided to award this little camera 4 stars. At the price paid on Amazon, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a better piece of kit for a variety of outdoor uses. I've just returned form a ski trip where I had this on my helmet velcroed down firmly with the complimentary velcro self adhesive strips supplied.
The picture was pretty reasonable for such a cam, and my only complaint was against myself, as I didnt cotton on to how one needs to angulate the camera initally to get a good view.
Nonethless, the results were good, but if I was rating the picture quality and other points exclusively, then I would rate it as such (out of 5):

Picture - 4 (affected mainly by cloudy/ poor light)
Sound - 3 (highly affected by wind, but hey...)
Motion stability - 3 (fair amount of vibration affected blur)
Weight - 5
Durabilty - 5
Battery - 4
Practicality - 2 ( no way of knowing if its recording if there's nobody there to tell you)

All in all, its a great little gadget,does what it says on the tin and so long as you're willing to stop and remove it to switch on/ off, or have someone there to tell you it's on, then I doubt you'll be disappointed by its price/ quality ratio.
on 10 March 2012
This is a great peice of kit.
The unit feels strong, and surprisingly light.
Setup is easy via text files when it is connected to a computer.
The picture quality is very good, but can suffer if the camera is panned too quickly.
The microphone is a bit too sensitive to wind noise, which is annoying.
The water resistant gasket for the rear cover is a small rubber ring, which is not particularly tight, and care should be taken when removing the cover.
These few faults knock it down from 5 stars, but for the money, I highly recommend it.
on 18 July 2012
Very pleased with performance of this camera. Shaped like popular led flashlight, it produces fine quality recordings, when compared with other budget devices. Don't expect high end results as you would obviously need to use larger more expensive equipment. Frame rate of 30 p/sec produces clear but slightly jerky videos. When used as "blackbox" on motorbike, vehicle number plates easily resolved. Accessories included allows unit to be used on bicycle handle bars or on crash helmet using Velcro kit. For the price I feel that camera represents good value.
on 10 September 2012
This purchase got off to a great start. Having ordered it late in the afternoon, it arrived in the post the very next day... which I thought was really good service. A couple of days later the micro disk arrived. Having fully charged the camera, I then put it through some tests. One of the main reasons for purchasing this product is that the reviews I have seen on YouTube all say it has very good sound recording. Unfortunately, that is not my experience. The first problem I had was that it simply IS NOT Mac compatible, so if you use a Mac - do not buy it. I called the producer and they were unable to advise on how to use on a Mac. So I resorted to using it on Windoze 7.
The sound is almost completely undetectable and basically completely useless. I have resorted to doing sound recording on a digital dictaphone, so I'll see how that goes. Can't be bothered returning the item, but I would strongly recommend others to be aware that if sound is important to you, then you may need separate sound recording kit. The image resolution is good for such a small piece of kit. But I remain disappointed due to the sound and Mac incompatibility issues. I would not recommend this camera.
on 19 January 2012
Having bought the non-HD on pre-Xmas black Friday and loved it, I've now bought 3 HD ones, one each for the kids (they even paid for them!) who raved about the original one, and one for me, the old non-HD one will stay in car glovebox. Picture quality is indeed HD, you can even read stuff you film. Sound is great, very sensitive but clear, embarrassingly it records you behind the cam while pointing it forward at others, no hissing, no buzzing. It creates .avi files. I don't use it for cycling or downhill skiing, so can't comment on sports ability, I'd guess you'd need stabilising NCIS (Abby) or 24 (Chloe) software and 10 times the price. Comes with loads of straps, brackets and the mini-usb to usb lead for downloading and recharging, and a carry pouch and well designed box. It's the same size as a rolson black torch Rolson Tools 61760 3pc 9 LED Torch Set With Batteries, so you can catch people out by pointing a torch at them, then the cam, though they do think you're a little strange until they know.

One out of my three has a dodgy on-off button though it works, so is going back for a replacement, lucky for amazon's 30 days as I was ill over Christmas and just got around to it. Beware the O ring when you take the cap off to get at the micro SD slot and mini-usb slot, it's small, comes off easily and you'll lose it. Only gripe is that the case is exactly the same as the non-HD one, not marked HD, but it was better to get it to market than waiting around for new supplies I guess.

Tip - you set date/time by creating a txt file, but it gets deleted when the time is set on camera. Keep a file called newtime.txt, and copy it if you need to reset, saves hunting out the discarded instruction book for the (easy) format of the file.

TBH I'd give this 10 stars out of 5 if allowed to.
on 30 January 2012
This is a good little camera with fairly sharp picture quality. There are a lot of adjustable settings like the video quality, which is good for different situations. The only bad thing though is that the elastic rings that attach the camera the the head strap are much to tight. This is a real shame because I bought this for skiing, so it seems I will have to improvise a bit to get it on the head strap. Other than that it is really good for the price.
on 31 January 2012
When i brought this camera i expected it to be bad but i gave it a test run and the picture (graphics) were amazing. Also i was suprised at how good the aduio was. Mounts not so good. But over all a very good head cam.
Good points:
very good picture (graphics)
very good aduio
no motion blur
HD

Bad points:
aduio sounds funny when windy
the mounts aren't very good
on 19 December 2015
This review is long overdue but as it's still for sale I thought I would share my experience.

In summery: It's bad, could've been better, but in the end it surprised me!

I bought this in Jan 2012, first three months were fine, had to send it back to Chilli (who were great) and they fixed it. It then worked for a further 8-10 months. After that the battery no longer charged. I thought that was the end of it and I was very disappointed with the overall unit.

It's now Dec 2015 and for whatever reason I thought I'd try and charge the battery again and to my surprise it started working again! The battery doesn't last very long though. So far it lasted 75min on a continuous run. I'll see how I get on…