5.0 out of 5 stars A great cover for an OK price.
Cost me £27 on Amazon so when you read this make your own mind up if that is good or bad value depending on what the price is at the time you buy. Wasn't sure if the item would fit my model of the 13 inch MacBook Unibody, but it did fit a treat and made my mac look very smart. All the cut outs in the right places for peripheral devices etc and loved the little legs on the...
Published on 19 Dec. 2011 by Bertie

3.0 out of 5 stars slick, but those marks!
Firstly I have to say that the case fits like a dream and feels really nice to the touch, keeping the quality of the mac alive, whilst protecting it from scratches and dirt etc. The big problem are the marks. This case picks up marks like it wants to build a personal collection. I have had it for about three days and already it's covered. I have tried to use dry and damp...
Published on 15 July 2012 by Pandemonian

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Discreet and good fitting, 13 April 2013
One or two reviews on here seem to be fairly downbeat. I just received and fitted this - it fits very easily without appearing to risk any scratches on the aluminium unibody or lid. There are 6 small plastic clips that hook that base peice onto the bottom - two at each side at the front sides and two hidden underneath the hinge. They are very unobtrusive. Similarly, the peice that covers the lid has six clips two on each side and two at the front edge. They hold the cover very firmly, no give and the fit is perfect. It does make a tiny 'squeak' when you open the lid, but does not appear to catch or flex when opening/closing so i think it is a function of how closely it fits to the hinge. Altogether excellent product and i am now happy to pick up my new Macbook and put it in drawers without worrying about damage. The extending feet seem quite sturdy too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor fit - lid ok but base falls off!, 11 Sept. 2012
Stuart G. Marshall "Stuart Marshall" (Birmingham UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: mCover High Quality Polycarbonate Hard Case /Shell / Cover for Apple Macbbok Pro 13 inch (Model A1278 with DVD, Not for Macbook Pro 13 inch retina display ) - Black (Electronics)
My Mac Book is the correct model number for this case but it is slightly deformed and just does not fit correctly - base just falls off as won't lock over body.

Not well made - would not recommend.

Returned item and now looking for another case.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great item, true to image, 6 Jan. 2012
When I first opened it didn't look like I expected it to at all but as soon as I put it on my Mac it was perfect, looks just like the picture.

4.0 out of 5 stars Macbook pro protective cover, 3 May 2012
Looking to protect my new macbook I purchased this protective cover, and it seems to do the job ok so far. It fixes on easily clipping into place, one cover for the top and one cover for the bottom. Taking it off is a bit trickier and requires a little force. The plastic is also very sturdy.
I'd say that the bottom cover fits well, however when I open the laptop from it being closed there is a small grinding noise (I presume from the screen it is brushing the bottom case somewhere).
The top part I can't say I'm as pleased with, while the design allows secure fit, it does not look like a perfect fit and the cover pulls away slightly when I open the laptop from a closed position. This is due to the clip on features being at the sides and not at the top and bottom, so it's not a close fit.
In terms of aesthetics it's nice to look at and a great colour but I dislike that the apple is blurry due to the not so perfect fit of the top cover. However, I do not doubt that it will do it's job. Overall I like it, but I feel that the poor fit lets it down, hence I have removed one star.

4.0 out of 5 stars The only one with the tilt option. Awesome, 22 Oct. 2013
So far so good.
I choose it because of the tilt option, as the macbook sometimes gets really hot, so this helps the fans to circulate the air, and to breathe.
It fits perfectly. Very easy to mount. And it's awesome cause I barely notice it's on.
It's soon to tell if its gonna last, or if it's gonna scratch my mac (I hope not), so at this time, I'm very pleased with it.
Fast delivery make it even more awesome.

UPDATED (2 months): In two months of sitting on a wood desk the anti slipping base rubbers are coming off, which isn't a good sign. Also there's a small problem with the fitting of the base cover due to the cover's claws that stick to the macbook's base. Everytime I open the macbook I can feel some strength being held against those claws.

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional and discreet, 15 July 2013
I hardly even notice it's there when it's on, and protects my mac from scrapes, which it's prone to. Good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 3 May 2013
Clicked on fine and does its job :). No longer have to worry about scratching my mac on the outside (hopefully). It is light weight and sturdy. The botton piece has lots of small holes presumably to allow air to the mac so it doesn't overheat, which is always good. I can barely tell I have the case on, I don't imagine others would either unless they came really close and took a good look :).

It has legs like a keyboard that allows you to tilt the laptop, I am not sure how long they will last because I move my mac around a lot, but I imagine if you mostly keep your laptop on your desk they will be sturdy enough to last a while.

No idea how easy it is to get off as I have no tried and don't plan too.

When you put it on, the easy way to tell which way the top piece clicks on is to look at the tiny writing at the bottom and make sure it isn't upside down ^^.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good accessory, 31 Mar. 2013
W. A. Clayton "will" (UK) - See all my reviews
This shell is in two halves and fits very well indeed giving full access to all the slots and ports. Whatever the colour of your machine it will show through the shell. The material is very tough, and durable. If you are considering purchase make sure that it will fit your model!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product at a very good price - highly recommend, 1 Mar. 2013
I would recommend anybody that pays £1000 to spend a small amount of money on a good case. The apple cases are stupid money and they are made by the same company !

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfectly, 14 Dec. 2012
This hard case fits perfectly on our macbook pro. Its a little see through so the apple logo still shines through when its on. Would recommend this cover to others.

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›