on 16 January 2013
After a few occasions recently when driving after dark on the unlit roads near where I live, occasions when I've not noticed dark clothed pedestrians soon enough for my tastes, I decided to improve my visibility when I'm on foot - replacing my previous black Thinsulate beanie with this this Hi Vis one.

I'd give the hat 4/5 for visibility, but the hat also has to work as a hat. The sides of my head are left cold in autumnal conditions when there's a breeze blowing, and flippin' cold when it's proper wintry, rendering this hat pretty much useless on its own. I don't see why the manufacturers would think that insulation is only needed in the topmost section of a beanie - this hat needs the same extent of insulation all over.

Solution: Hi Vis beanie worn over my original (warm) black beanie. This is okay now that temperatures have really dropped, but will be a bit half-arsed once they warm up a little.
on 13 January 2014
This hat fits on my head, as a hat does and it is very yellow as described. Like a hat it does a good job of covering my head and is snug enough not to jump off my head into the nearest bush. Is easy to take care of and is easy to store when not on my head. Despite other comments on the colour of this hat It does not cause retinal damage and does not have to be covered with a thick blanket to deaden the brightness for you to be able to sleep. It cannot be used as a makeshift light source or emergency beacon when your car breaks down. After all it Is only a yellow hat and performs its yellow hat job admirably.
on 23 April 2012
Good hat, nice bright colour (I wear it when cycling) however it is a bit on the small side. Mind you, I've got a big head. Nice and snug too, thinsulate is only in the top of the hat however, not the whole thing but it's enough the keep the bald spot warm.

Cheers.
on 16 June 2013
A good quality hi-viz beanie. Perfect winter wear for night-time joggers, morbid twilight wanderers, roadside workers, dark-morning postpeople and leaflet distributors. Moreover, it has the uncanny (almost magical) ability to make the gauntest of faces appear fresh and luminous. So if you happen to be a zombie, or perhaps a vampire, or maybe a banshee - basically one of the living dead - you could effortlessly perk-up your ill-favoured visage with this excellent hat. Go for it!
on 18 January 2013
I bought this for winter jogging to keep my warm and above all to get me seen as I often run in unlit lanes. The hat is inexpensive, does exactly what it says on the tin, and I am very pleased with it. Highly recommended.
on 13 December 2012
i bought this as a gift for someone who may be on the roads at night - looks bright and will keep them safe
on 27 November 2014
I could have done with a larger size , but unrolled it fits over my ears and leaves an air-space on the top which is supposed to be insulating against the cold.Now it's been used daily since it arrived it's expanded slightly so it's a better fit and every bit as warm as I expected from Thinsulate products.
on 6 March 2015
It's quite tight on my normal-sized head but not uncomfortably tight. That said, I did hear a small rip a few weeks back so I may have made it slightly bigger. It's still in one piece though and I don't go for a run without it on a cold night which, being in England, is every night.
on 1 November 2015
I like this product very much. Very visible, coupled with a high vis jacket it should be ideal for winter walks so that drivers of 4x4s and Audis can actually see a walker . Also seems well insulated for trips to the rugby in January or February.
Service good from supplier
on 20 May 2013
I like this product. I do a lot of running in the evenings and being seen is extremely important. One (small) comment would be that it doesn't keep that very bright look after washing (but that could be my washing techniques).