5.0 out of 5 stars Truly is wonder cream!
Published on 21 April 2013 by Emma Bate

Originally, O’Keefe’s Working Hands did provide relief for my damaged, dried, chapped, swollen, and cracked split skin, and this was my `winter' hand moisturizer, when I needed something strong.

Published 7 months ago by Leslie

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly is wonder cream!, 21 April 2013
This review is from: O'Keeffe's 96g Working Hands Hand Cream (DIY & Tools)
My husband's hands would crack and split terribly, especially in cold weather or when he had been working a lot. He was sometimes uncomfortable picking up his knife and fork to eat dinner as his hands were so painful. After numerous visits to his doctor, and various hand creams (all unsuccessful), I decided to research ‘the best hand cream’ on the internet. O’Keefe’s was mentioned on a number of websites and I decided to give it a go. To our surprise, after 3 days, my husband’s hands were no longer split and were for the first time (in my knowledge) soft! O’Keefe’s truly is wonder cream. I would recommend it to anyone with split or painful hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing product, 11 Nov. 2012
Mrs. P. E. Bishop "Pat" (windsor UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: O'Keeffe's 96g Working Hands Hand Cream (DIY & Tools)
this hand cream is amazing, my nails have started to grow for the first time in years and all cracks have disappeared. I always seemt to have sore hands over the years, cannot recommend this product enough

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxurious, 31 Dec. 2014
Very waxy and luxurious. Love it. Takes a while to rub in as it is very thick, but well worth it. Use it at bedtime too for best effect. I now have pots of the stuff all of the house!

5.0 out of 5 stars hand cream, 16 April 2013
This review is from: O'Keeffe's 96g Working Hands Hand Cream (DIY & Tools)
This stuff really works my hands feel soft good value and a little goes a long way great value for money too

1.0 out of 5 stars Chemical Ingredient Dimethicone causes Itching, Red Rash, and Severe Skin Irritation plus other Questionable Chemicals, 7 Oct. 2014
Leslie - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: O'Keeffe's 96g Working Hands Hand Cream (DIY & Tools)

Although this hand cream worked, after constant use I developed some skin irritation. When I looked at the ingredients, I realized that many were chemical ingredients, and upon some diligent research, I found out that the constant usage of this cream was responsible for my negative skin reactions.

This product has the chemical ingredient of DIMETHICONE and this IS A SKIN IRRITANT. This is not a good ingredient to be using in your daily skin care. Like petroleum products, silicone oils can actually make dry skin worse over time. Instead of sinking into your skin and nourishing it from the inside out, like healthy ingredients do, it forms a sort of plastic-like type barrier on the outside of skin.

DIMETHICONE is Bad for Your Skin, it is an artificial coating on the outside of skin and causes several issues: it traps everything under it—including bacteria, sebum, and impurities. The coating action actually prevents the skin from performing its normal activities—like sweating, temperature regulating, and sloughing off dead skin cells.

Prolonged exposure to dimethicone can actually increase skin irritation, therefore CLASSIFIED AS A POSSIBLE SKIN AND EYE IRRITANT. Therefore, those with sensitive or reactive skin are at risk of an allergic reaction to dimethicone. This it is the reason why some reviewers have EXPERIENCED ‘THE BURNING’. In addition, DIMETHICONE IS A NON-BIODEGRADABLE CHEMICAL—BAD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT.

Another ‘borderline’ and questionable chemical ingredient in the Working Hands product is CETETH -10. The Ceteth family of ingredients is the polyethylene glycol (PEG) ethers of cetyl alcohol. Based on a study reporting nephrotoxicity in burn patients exposed to PEGs, it is recommended that PEGs not be used on damaged skin and highly recommended that cosmetic manufacturers should not use Ceteths in products that may be used on damaged skin.

I prefer using pure, natural, plant extracts and organic oils; they provide excellent results with their natural antioxidant, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammation properties. Pure and organic plant extracts and oils deliver healthy nourishment, they offer a safe and natural way for fast healing of skin irritations, and rather than a temporary fix, they provide a permanent healing solution. Research is continually discovering the dangers of chemical ingredients, and the eventual negative reactions over time from consistent skin applications.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., 20 Aug. 2014
This review is from: O'Keeffe's 96g Working Hands Hand Cream (DIY & Tools)
This is the only hand cream I've used that actually works.
I have Reynaud's disease which affects the circulation in my hands and as a result, the skin gets split, cracked and sore.
Within 3 days, skin has almost healed.
Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good stuff, 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: O'Keeffe's 96g Working Hands Hand Cream (DIY & Tools)
I bought this hand cream for my husband who is a tree surgeon. His hands were really dry with painful cracks from working outside. He's been using it for a week now and wow, there's a big difference! The cracks are now healed and his hands are actually soft. We are both really impressed. Would definitely recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars O'Keeffe's Working Hands Hand Cream, 11 Jan. 2013
This review is from: O'Keeffe's 96g Working Hands Hand Cream (DIY & Tools)
Bought for my Dad who had very cracked, bleeding thumbs. After using a couple of times he noticed drastic improvement, and his thumbs are now healed. Great!

5.0 out of 5 stars This actually works!, 12 Dec. 2013
This review is from: O'Keeffe's 96g Working Hands Hand Cream (DIY & Tools)
I bought this for my Son-in-law, he's a ground worker and his hands were in a shocking state. His fingertips had deep cracks they were so dry, in the morning he'd struggle to flex his hands as they were so painfull. He'd tried every cream going, even getting prescribed cream from the GP and wearing cotton gloves at night, nothing made much difference. I bought this after reading good reviews about it but i didn't really expect it to work. Well, he's been using it for 5 days now and already theres been quite an astonishing improvement. I'm glad i found O'Keeffe's at the start of winter, my Son-in-laws hands now stand a fighting chance against the elements!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing stuff, 22 July 2014
S. Walsgrove (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: O'Keeffe's 96g Working Hands Hand Cream (DIY & Tools)
This stuff is astonishing..! I have very dry skin, and have had what appeared to be eczema on two fingers of my right hand for months. I have been prescribed three different creams, and the only one that worked was a strong steroid cream - which of course I couldn't use for long.
Then, while at my daughter's, I tried this cream - with fantastic results. Came home, ordered myself a pot - and no more cracked and bleeding fingers with skin peeling off them...!! One small dab spreads quickly, is absorbed almost instantly and makes my skin feel wonderfully smooth (oh, and it smells lovely too..!)

O'Keeffe's 96g Working Hands Hand Cream