on 19 December 2011
Cost me £27 on Amazon so when you read this make your own mind up if that is good or bad value depending on what the price is at the time you buy. Wasn't sure if the item would fit my model of the 13 inch MacBook Unibody, but it did fit a treat and made my mac look very smart. All the cut outs in the right places for peripheral devices etc and loved the little legs on the bottom of the cover to lift the mc up to stop over heating and making it easier on the typing... All in all very satisfied.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 8 January 2016
A couple of months ago, I started to produce 4K videos on my YouTube channel. My Macbook Pro 13" 2013 wasn't up to the task, so I had to buy a brand new Macbook Pro 15.4" 2015. It worked like a charm.

I was totally satisfied with the mCover hard case (transparent) which had barely aged in the last 2 years. I still did some research on Amazon, only to stick with mCover once again. This time around, I decided to buy the red version. I have to admit that I was a little bit concerned that the red colour would look a bit pink or orange: I'm delighted to confirm that it's a glorious red which looks really good.

Other than that, the case is fairly easy to install, it fits the Macbook Pro perfectly and it's as well-made as ever with the foldable feet and the numerous open slots on the bottom to facilitate heat dissipation which is even more important with this machine than the Macbook Pro 13".

I confirm that unlike some of my fellow Amazon reviewers, I didn't have any problem with fingerprints. Not sure if the red version helps.

I bought the mCover hard case for £13.99: what more could you ask for at that price? This is a superb buy.

TIPS
1. when installing the top part of the case, start by securing the top of the screen with the two 'dents' close to the center (as showed on my photos), then the top corners, then the dents on the side...
2. you might not be able to close your Macbook Pro properly if you are using a 3D USB flash drive like the Stormtrooper USB key on my picture

PS: the squirrel protecting the Apple logo is the hysterical 'Scrat' character from Ice Age. My wife bought this sticker on eBay for my birthday. :-D

-I hope you will find my review helpful-
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 7 January 2014
Definitely recommend this case, if like me you have just purchased a 15inch retina then obviously we have spent a lot on the laptop so keeping it looking fresh is very important, at least for me anyway.
Looked around for a few sleeves and cases etc, however was put off with cases due to my previous laptop (13inch macbook pro) case which was poor non branded case and really was bad, this however looks and feels awesome and trust me clear is the way to go, as its bare noticeable many people have been surprised when they found out i actually have a case on which is a big plus point for me.

Yes its expensive but 100% worth it. Mine so far has been on for 2 weeks and no signs of wear and tear atm.

Just a bit on the side, due to the many vents on the bottom piece little dust particles or hair can go inside it, but again might be subjective and obviously can be cleaned with little effort.
on 17 August 2014
Like others, I love this case. I'd previously had a coloured case and I'd forgotten just how beautiful a Mac actually is. The form of the case is great; it has a very slim profile, that doesn't add any significant weight but adds the reassurance that it's protected. You'll honestly forget that it's even there.
on 14 August 2014
This is a pretty good protector. The underneath portion was easy to fit, but the cover that goes over the back of the screen was much trickier. It wasn't obvious which way up it should go (and if that even makes a difference), and the fit was so tight I did wonder whether the little moulded grips that affix it to the edges of the screen would damage the fit and finish of the laptop itself.

Once fixed, I found that the bottom right edge portion didn't affix as firmly as every other area, so there is a slight bit of flex, and I mean `slight', its really not that noticeable.

Would I trust it to protect the exterior of this laptop? Yes, definitely. Its adds about an extra 1.5mm width around the computer, but otherwise the average person glancing wouldn't know its there (I bought the clear version).

The fold-out feet on the underside are very good, but they don't feel like the most solid things in the world. A slight bit too much weight and they may well snap, and the feet, perhaps oddly, was one of the reasons I bought this case compared to the cheaper options available.

Apart from the fold out feet it also has rubber feet, and I think these are excellent for absorbing bumps and knocks as a laptop is lifted or accidentally dropped onto a table.

If it saves your computer from one nasty bump or dent, then this case has done its job and is easily worth the money.

To compare, I own an old Apple Powerbook from 2003. It has an aluminium finish all over, much like the modern Macbook Air and Pro, and over the years it has picked up a lot of scratches and scuffs, with one edge even being rubbed shiny. With this iPearl case, I plan to keep this particular Macbook in showroom condition for as long as possible.

To that end I will use this iPearl case in conjunction with a firm sponge padded outer case (Croc Super Chocolate 13.3" sleeve protector) to protect against heavy bumps and knocks when out on the road. That case will attach around the laptop using elastic straps over the edges of the laptop.

That may sound like overkill to some, but for me, this is one hell of an expensive machine, and £28 (for the two) of laptop protection is more than worth it.

[Update] I ordered the clear version, and little gaps between the edges of the computer and the case itself are going to be dust magnets. I can already see it occurring on mine, and that's barely a week after fitting it! Hardly a problem, but in terms of aesthetics its certainly going to look uglier over time, requiring removal and cleaning.
on 17 December 2014
I ordered the clear cover because I didn't want a cover that would be noticed and this one makes the job very well done. Actually my girlfriend didn't notice the cover on my mac and now she wants one as well =).
I received the cover before the actual time. Fantastic.

Super easy to attach to your mac and doesn't mess with the looks of your gorgeous mac book pro retina =).(you can only see the cover in the edges of the mac)

Thank you very much for the quality product and for the super fast delivery.
review image review image review image
on 21 February 2015
I dropped my Macbook Pro in a hotel room and damaged the Retina LCD panel - that was an easy DIY repair, but cost me £350 for the replacement LCD assembly. This time, I'm taking no chances - hard shell case all the way. It does make the Macbook look _slightly_ thicker, but it's a small price to pay for a decent level of scratch/dent protection. I went for the clear coloured shell, because it leaves the Macbook looking as normal as possible - I barely notice the case is there.

The top and bottom halves of the case are beautifully precision moulded, so they clip onto the Macbook very neatly and securely. My only complaint is that you can't close the lid of the computer when an HDMI cable is plugged in - it fouls the hard shell.

One reviewer complained that the bottom shell of the case is full of hundreds of ventilation holes. This is a GOOD thing - my Macbook can get quite warm when rendering video, and that CPU is right in the centre of the computer, just a few millimetres behind that aluminium bottom cover. Increasing airflow to the Macbook can only be a good thing.
review image
on 1 September 2012
I recently bought my first macbook pro (June 2012 model) and after forking out all that money, I wanted to make sure it got no scratches! I searched across Amazon and found out that the iPearl cases seemed to be highly rated by users in the US so I decided to trust the reviews on Amazon.com and buy the purple mCover on Amazon.co.uk even though there weren't many reviews on the UK site. All I can say is that I am so happy I did!! Shipping was incredibly fast and the product was perfectly packaged. It also came with instructions on how to put the cover on and take it back off again.

The cover itself is exactly the same color as the photos. The light of the apple logo shines through beautifully! I have taken my cover off twice now to have a look and so far I am happy to say there is not a single scratch or mark! The bottom does trap a little dust, so it is worthwhile taking the cover off every so often to clean it - however the dust hasn't caused any scratches or damage. The little legs on the bottom are also a bonus, they are great for keeping the macbook cool, though if you don't like them you can just keep them tucked in.

I tend to break things quite easily, however so far, I am happy to report that this cover is quite sturdy. I have had it about a month now and it still looks brand new. Also, the cover does not restrict the macbook in the slightest - all ports are 100% accessible and as the cover comes in two seperate pieces, the lid of the macbook is still able to open fully.

So far, I have nothing bad to say about this cover, however I will be sure to drop back and repost if that changes.

Definitely money well spent!!
on 3 February 2012
This product is exactly what we expected and is used constantly at Uni. The colour is exactly the same as on display and it was very easy to put on. I bought this for my daughter as she got a nasty scratch on her Mac's skin, made from it's plug, when travelling back from Uni, so we wished we had bought this earlier to protect it.
(The Mac was inside a propylene laptop cover but this didn't protect it from the scratching)
on 24 April 2014
Like many others I'm sure, I want to protect my new MacBook Air from scratches, without spoiling the aesthetics. Chose this case because it is clear and had decent reviews. Obviously, nothing of this kind is going to protect the MacBook from being dropped from a height, but in day-to-day use it's almost guaranteed to prolong the longevity and good looks of your new computer. I'm giving this five stars, but would give 4 ½ if I could, because there weren't any fitting instructions. I had to look up a YouTube video to check that I was fitting the top component for the lid correctly. There are a couple of tiny, subtle arrows on the lid component on it but it is not clear which way they go- Now I know that they point to the part of the lid that you lift to open the Macbook. Fitting just requires a bit of patience and close inspection, should take no more than 2 to 3 minutes. If you want something that is going to add practically no weight or bulk but gives scratch and probably decent impact protection then I recommend it highly.