on 16 January 2012
This is a lovely Advent Calendar, and my wife emjoyed opening the flaps every day. However, it would have been helpful if it had had a stand or a hole to hang it up. We had to lean it against a wall behind the sideboard, and it kept slipping down.
on 8 December 2011
Great snowy scene, nice pictures and easy to open windows and doors. A good alternative to the cheap chocolate type calendars
on 23 December 2011
We were looking for a traditional advent calendar for our young children and this one fits the bill perfectly. They spend ages looking at the fantastic Christmassy scene and talking about it. Every morning they run downstairs to see what is behind the door. We love it!
on 19 November 2014
These advent calendars are the real thing - traditional, sans chocolate, lovely cheerful Christmas scenes with lots to look at. And the right number of days, not going up to the end of December as some do these days. I bought one last year and was so pleased with it that I looked for another this year. Not cheap, but worth the money in my view.

It arrived within a couple of days of ordering, which was pleasing and happened to be particularly convenient because it meant I didn't have to post it to the recipient.

I hope Alison Gardiner keeps producing these, so that I can buy a different one every year.
on 25 January 2014
I've despaired of finding a decent, non-chocolates, advent calendar. They either have only religious pictures/bible verses behind the doors (so not much of a surprise there) or the most bizarre images, which bear little relation to the Christmas season. This one is just perfect. A lovely, cheery scene with an assortment of suitable pictures which ranged from typical Christmas objects (a pudding, a cracker) to the 12 days of Christmas and characters from the bible story.
on 22 November 2015
So expensive for a Christmas scene
Sadly not the normal avent calendar nothing inside . would not recommend
on 7 January 2012
A nice looking advent calendar, however the doors did not open....quite a basic requirement for an advent calendar. I had to score round all the doors with a craft knife so that my daughter could open them. Very disappointing.
on 22 November 2014
These lovely traditional calendars are becoming hard to find on the high street, so a delight to be able to find a choice on Amazon.

It is beautiful, you need to search around to find the window for the day. That thrill of finding the window you were certain was not there!

There are religious and non religious options too.

I am ordering another for my grandson. He may be a little young to understand, but Mum and Dad can help and it's a tradition I would like to carry on to get him each year. No doubt he will get chocolate ones, but there is something very special about these.
on 5 January 2015
yes its expensive and the kids and wife laughed at me when I bought it but they all wanted to open it each day and they looked forward to it, so much more traditional than chocolate we painstakingly opened it carefully so we could put it away for next year only for so one not naming names to fold it up and put it in the recycling!!! will we buy one again will have to see,
on 29 December 2013
I really liked the external picture on this calendar and most of the daily reveals were lovely Christmas traditional delights although a few too many shepherds and kings for my liking. I did like the variety of different shaped doors but some of them were quite tiny, all in all though a very nice advent calendar.