on 25 October 2013
My mother in law hasn't heard the pipes since she left Scotland over 60 years ago and so I bought this for her. She just loves it and makes her so nostalgic. As a half Scot myself I have to admit it stirred something up in me too when I listened to it. Bringing back memories of my Dad playing in his pipe band years ago.
on 1 August 2015
One day, sometime, somwhere, I dream I will find the Ultimate Bagpipes Album. (Note the three words! - I could substitute Pipes and Drums, too, but still just three words) In the meantime, I will go on buying compilations such as this, and putting up with the irritating accompanying acoustic guitars, electric organs, pianos, overdubbed harmonic vocals and, worst of all, the oom-pah, oom-pah of military bands, all of which seem to be compulsory additions to any bagpipe, or pipes and drums, recording, whether they're wanted or not!. Having said that, this is 'probably' the best album I have so far! All the tracks I wanted are here, and luckily for me, are recorded quite well. So, not the full Five Stars, but pretty good!
on 6 October 2013
Fantastic bagpipe music classic songs amazing grace.flower of Scotland.mull kin tyre.Scotland the brave.plenty more very homely sound definitely sounds of Scotland like the military tattoo.
on 6 February 2016
I got to hear a piper on a Burns Night supper and I realised a little bit of something good was missing in my life. I got this album and it is pure magic. It isn't something to just listen to, it is like rubbing Drambuie into your soul.
on 21 May 2014
I intend to get more of these disc's, the ones ive bought do not cover the full extent of renouned pipe music, however the quality is second to none, and well worth listening to .
on 28 December 2013
The album is somewhat monotonous with very little variety of tone & rythum. The haunting sounds of the bagpipes in lacking.
on 4 April 2014
This CD was just awesome totally pure magic absolutely brilliant we loved it that mush we play it in the car and I would recommend it to all.
on 2 April 2014
Loved this CD.....fabulous mix of some of my favourite piping tunes! i would now love one with Breton pipes :-)
on 12 July 2014
so nice to hear pipe music especially with the drums
on 15 January 2015
The quality varies between recordings but overall it is quite good as a collection of pipe music. Quick delivery and good transit protection .