5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading
Published 4 months ago by mr a cunning

3.0 out of 5 stars An important piece of the job-hunt toolkit
Published on 27 July 2009 by Janet Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading, 14 Mar 2014
This is a quality book and as author of The Essential Interview Book I always refer people to this book if they are having problems getting interviews. Check the sections on writing about your achievements (chapter 5) and how to research your target job market (chapter 10). Also make sure you read the section on how to email your CV to employers (its so often overlooked). I would even say you should splash out for the print version as its beautify layer out and gives you CV formatting to copy. Plus its much easier to follow in print strangle. Overall I would give this 5 stars an give personal ‘shout out’ to Corinne for yet another fine publication and thank her for the inspiration that led me to write my own ebook. She has more information at her website [...]– That said if you are serious about landing your next interview this book is a must fro all job hunters – invaluable stuff!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cv templates are good, 19 Feb 2014
Very useful for writing a CV from scratch and if you need a template for your desired profession. It also has alot of advice on good and bad CV's to advise you.

3.0 out of 5 stars An important piece of the job-hunt toolkit, 27 July 2009
Janet Davies (UK) - See all my reviews
Finding a new job, particularly in the current climate, can be tough. This is a good enough overview of the received wisdom of contemporary CV writing although the reality is that most advice of this nature could be summed up in a few pages - this runs to over 200. Having a good CV is an important piece of the job-hunting toolkit, that alone won't guarantee success. There are other books on the market in a similar price bracket that also include a more comprehensive overview of the entire job-hunting process - dealing with recruiters, online job-hunting, interview advice etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars An outstanding book, 19 Feb 2014
Darren Priest "Darren" (Longing to be back in Cork) - See all my reviews
There are lot of these books on the market and one cannot help but feel that some are only published to take advantage of these hard times. This book is not one of these. It is the best and most accessible book of its kind I have seen. I use it often and it has given me lots of idea to help clients with CVs. The CVs that come from it receive high praise and get people jobs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good advice, 29 Sep 2013
Well written, clear and relevant advice, lots of practical help, easy to read as the book is broken up into clear sections, helpful, worth buying if you've lost your confidence in job seeking

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful resource for the serious job hunter, 26 Sep 2009
This book is a great resource for anyone wanting to change jobs or change careers and wants to make the best use of 2 pages of A4 to sell themselves. Corinne Mills goes through process in some detail helping you discover the skills you have but often either forget about or just assume that everyone has. She then helps you to blow your own trumpet concisely, in order to improve your chances of getting in the door to be interviewed.

Well worth the money: the only thing i would like to have had more on would have been in the chapter on Specific Career challenges as many of us who have been working for a while might need to straighten up some career "hairpin bends".

5.0 out of 5 stars Vital reading if you're writing a CV, 13 Mar 2009
H. Law (London, UK) - See all my reviews
With lots of helpful and interesting suggestions, this book is perfect for knowing where to start when writing a CV. It is very thorough and gives good examples and advice, for example what NOT to include!

5.0 out of 5 stars You're Hired: How to Write a Brilliant CV: my views, 16 May 2009
I have been a contractor in the Financial Services industry for almost 15 years. I have been fortunate to have secured long term contracts with the top UK Retail Banks.

My CV had previously stood the test of the job market in the sense that I always secured a good contract.

As a result of the financial meltdown that we have experienced in 2008/09 - ???, I was of the opinion that prospective employers will be selective in reviewing CVs and the entire recruitment process.

I did some reserach and found a few guides on writing a brilliant CV. I reviewed them and decided on purchasing "You're Hired! How to Write a Brilliant CV".

I am glad I did. It is worth a lot more than I paid for it in terms of value for money. That is despite that fact that I have been writing my CV for several years. The book is a thorough, useful and effective guide, taking the user through various stages of writing a brilliant, glowing, well articulated CV.

I recommend this book to users at all stages, whether new to the job market or a seasoned CV writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars buy this book!, 11 Feb 2009
Mrs. J. Baker - See all my reviews
I absolutely loved this book. I thought it was the best book on how to write a c.v. that I've come across. I work as a career coach and found it was great to use with clients. I particularly like how easy it is to find your way through it. You can reference each section as and when you need it and each one has a summary of what's to come at the beginning and key points highlighted at the end. It works very well if you're pushed for time! I also think it really helps people with how to sell themselves, the real thinking side of ensuring that you come up with your achievements to impress an employer. If you're not sure where and how to start, begin with this book. You can't go wrong. It's more like a course than a book!!
J. Baker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book...., 11 Feb 2009
I really enjoyed this book. It has made very light reading about a subject that has been giving me a headache for a while and although my friends have said I need to get a life for enjoying it so much one of them has run off with it and I have had to buy a second copy to refer back to!! I also have a 16 year old daughter who is applying for part time jobs at the moment and it has been a great help for her to read it (after all she doesn't listen to me!) Delighted - Well done.