5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Published on 5 Dec 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Old Sins
Excellent plot - too much sex. It goes over the top with all the intimate details! A description here and there is ok but every encounter is given too much detail.
Published 4 months ago by Rosemary Clifford

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Dec 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Old Sins (Paperback)
This is Penny Vincenzi's first novel and what a blockbuster it is! I read this when it first came out and I have gone on to read EVERY book that she has written. An excellent holiday read. Near the end I began to get slightly dissappointed because I thought I had sussed out what was going to happen but Penny brilliantly makes the reader think that but then comes up with something that had never entered your head so it does build up to an excellent climax after all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book, 25 Mar 2008
Mrs. Judith Lugg "Judith Lugg" (Wolverhampton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Old Sins (Paperback)
One of Vincenzi's best and that takes some beating because I have read and really loved ALL of her books.

This is a tale of family with all its attendant sorrows, joys, avarice, love and betrayal.

It flows along and you really do not want to leave it until you have read it all.

Please read it, especially if you have not read any of her others. I guarantee that you will love it and want to read all the rest.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Discovery, 28 Mar 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Old Sins (Paperback)
What a wonderful day it was when I discovered this wonderful author! Old Sins was my first reading by her and I throughly enjoyed the characters and the mystery attached. Since then I have read all of Ms.Vincenzi's books with the excetion of Glimpses which I haven't seen in our bookstores and I'm eagerly awaitng my trip to Miami where I'm hoping to capture No Angel. The reviews were very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars once more, perfect book:-), 21 Feb 2009
This review is from: Old Sins (Paperback)
Even though in the beginning of the boook, the story drags out a bit, it definitely pays to continue reading, for, from then on, it takes an extreme effort to put the book down again, and I am talking about almost 1000 pages!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 19 Mar 2012
This review is from: Old Sins (Kindle Edition)
I believe the expression is "thumping good read" or great "page turner". Highly recommend this book. Think its Vincenzi's best, but first books often are, and believe this was hers.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Old Sins (Kindle Edition)
A fantastic book! Right to the very last page.
Looking forward very much to reading more of these grat books

5.0 out of 5 stars Good author, 30 July 2012
This review is from: Old Sins (Kindle Edition)
Areally good book, ggod story which keeps ou turning the page. It also historically lets you see how the titled people lived in the 1930's. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the trilogy. Very strong story line.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Wifes Choice..., 10 Jun 2012
This review is from: Old Sins (Kindle Edition)
My wife loves Penny Vincenzi books, hard back and paperback, and she has read most of the PV books. She is reading this one for a second time... On her behalf, I can say She is absolutely delighted with this book and as with all the others is totally engrossed, with conversation kept to an absolute minimum until the book is finished, great for any guy who needs a little peace from time to time and I now download them for her to her Kindle....!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating reading, 19 May 2012
This review is from: Old Sins (Kindle Edition)
I have over the years read most, if not all, of Penny Vincenzi's books and have enjoyed everyone! Old Sins, however I found the most compelling to read. Where does she find such interesting plots? This is my most favourite book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Sins, 8 May 2012
This review is from: Old Sins (Paperback)
Excellent read with good characterisation and absorbing story line. I couldn't put this book down until I had read it!

Old Sins