on 23 January 2012
It had become the in thing in our house for Dad to sit and watch the recent re-appearance of the thundercats with my 8yo, he finds it hilarous that I remember them from the first time! I ordered the sword just before Christmas, I must admit I was tempted to have a nostalgic wee shot myself but resisted. On Christmas morn I made sure he knew the parcel was from me, I wasn't letting Santa get any credit for this one then sat back in the glow of his ear to ear grin and the familar cry "Thunder, Thunder Thundercats HOOOOO!". Could the sword be longer, yes, could be more sound affects, yes but does he care. no! It now has pride of place next to his Light Sabre.

One button on the side of the handle releases the sliding mechanism for the sword which allows you to swipe the sword to it's full length or pull it open, pressing the release button also starts the "Thunder Thunder" chant which goes on until the button is released when it changes to "Thundercats HOOOOOO!"
Th hilt of the sword also folds in, it is released by arrow shaped button on the middle of the hilt and produces a sword clang, if you hold the button down it launches into the other catchprhase" Sword of Omens give me sight beyond sight" and another sword clang.
Most parents will also be glad to hear there is also a off/on switch right at the end of the hilt.

It's noisy and fun.
on 18 November 2012
I think the thing for me to stress with this review is how long ago I bought this for my little boy. Anyone with kids will know the significance of this! Having had this sword for many months it is still on one piece and working just fine...No mean feat with a 4 year old wielding it!
My little lad saw this on a TV advert and asked for it. We set it as a reward target for good behavior and somehow he managed to be good enough, for long enough, to accumulate sufficient kudos with his mother and me to mean he got his much coveted sword!

The sword extends with the button depressed and one deft swipe, at 4 1/2 my little boy is able to do this easily.
Another push of a button and the hilt drops down one half at a time (a nice touch which he never gets bored of).
Hold the button down and the Thudercats voice goes through various phrases (something that the grown ups do get bored of but not the little ones!)

My little boy loves it. He went through a phase of taking it out when we walk the dog. Not surprisingly he couldn't resist swiping at nettles and the like and it now sports a small bend when fully extended. Given the abuse he's given it though I am impressed. Numerous sword fights with Dad and whacking it against plastic shields etc has not adversely affected it one bit.

In summary:
Not educational (does everything have to be?).
Great fun.
Puts up with a fair bit of expected infant type use!

I'm not sure younger children would be able extend it easily, not a criticism just an advisory note.

Great toy, much loved by little boy.
on 20 March 2014
Brilliant product. My son had one before, has had it for 2 years, but lost it in the garden at the end of last summer, found it embedded amongst the greenery totally ruined, so this was the replacement. Couldn't believe how much they had gone up in price & the price disparity - Tesco's wanted £45 for this, which is plainly ridiculous. Think I paid about £16, which is still about £6 too much I think, but it is a brilliant toy
on 19 November 2013
My son isn't even a Thundercats fan, and he LOVES this sword. It's got everything a 4 1/2 year old needs - lights, noises, extending blade...I had to buy a second one because it was such a hit at playdates! It's survived being bashed around pretty severely too. Sturdy, compact when collapsed - I couldn't be happier with it.
on 22 January 2014
This sword was Christmas present for my 4 year old son. Since opening it Christmas morning its never left his hand.
Does all it says on the box, sturdy not flimsy. Would defo buy again. Well worth the price
on 24 May 2013
My 4 year old son loves it! Its a good size...quite small, makes amazing sound effects, looks good too. A must for any Thundercats fan out there, but giveb size best for under 8's
on 8 May 2014
After being a fan of Thundercats growing up, this was a must have buy and I was glad I bought it. Now I can fulfil a dream of being Lion-O!!
on 7 December 2012
I chose this toy to give to my 4 y/o nephew for his birthday as he has just started getting into Thundercats. Turns out it was the best gift EVER! (from my nephews point of view, his mum and dad are not so keen on the constant ' Thundercats ho! ' the sword makes when the button is pressed repeatedly! ) its light, easy for kiddies to figure out and the fact it extends, lights up and makes noise just makes it better from the children's point of view.
on 27 November 2012
seems slighty expensive for the when you look at the qaulity but it will make my brother happy so its very worth it! :)
on 26 August 2013
This Sword of Omen is an official merchandise from the new series of Thundercats - I knew this at the time of purchase but much prefer the original. Still, it's an ideal gift for any Thundercats fan out there.