4.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy with some interesting 'hidden' features.
Published 20 months ago by Wayne

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as robust as the eighties version
Published on 3 Mar 2012 by peterrobinson

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as robust as the eighties version, 3 Mar 2012
This review is from: Thundercats Thunder Tank (Toy)
I brought this for my youngest son (four) who is a big fan of Thundercats. This product is very attractive looking however it is very flimsy and superficial. I brought my oldest son (twenty five)an original thundertank in the late eighties and this was far more sturdier. I thing this item is probably meant for a collector or older teen rather than an interactive real toy for a child. The side attachment and Liono's bike do not stay on during real play. Overall dissapointing

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy with some interesting 'hidden' features., 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Thundercats Thunder Tank (Toy)
My son was very pleased with this toy. The Tank itself is above average for today's level of quality of toy making, not as robust as the eighties version but still better than most of the tat you get nowadays. Tank shoots motorbike-type vehicles off both sides (included in package), has lights and sounds and reacts when you sit one the Thundercats figures in the seat. Alos has a hidden compartment at the back which drops open when you press the included figure against a particular area (magnetic I think). Articulated claws are a good feature also. The toy maker has tried to cram a lot of features into this product and I appluad their efforts - might be a future collector's piece if kept boxed?

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, fun toy, 7 Jan 2013
S. Rayner "Hairy Bloke" (West Country) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thundercats Thunder Tank (Toy)
My 9 year old had this for Christmas and he loves it. He's played with it loads, and is very impressed with all the features. The only thing that he finds annoying is the 'voice'! It's just a generic voice, and his argument is that it should be Panthro's voice as it is his thunder tank! Other than that it's a fantastic toy, marred only by the horrendous fluctuation in price!!! This is a child's toy at the end of the day, NOT a collector's item. It can be extremly distressing to a child to find their toy of choice on line, only to find that some unscrupulous seller is trying to extortion more than it's worth, simply because not many are being sold. Perhaps Amazon should start intervening, to cut out this mercenary practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nephew loves it!, 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: Thundercats Thunder Tank (Toy)
Bought this for my 3 year old nephew recently and he won't put it down. My brother and I remember the original thunder tank and 80's toys in general. It isn't as good quality as the old ones but it still is pretty good and the extra features of the motorbikes and Snarf are great too

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 24 Nov 2012
This review is from: Thundercats Thunder Tank (Toy)
great toy my little boy loved it !! It's nice to see the kids nowadays enjoying a revival show !!

2.0 out of 5 stars Thunder cats toy, 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: Thundercats Thunder Tank (Toy)
I bought this as a present for a 5 year old friend of my son who is Thundercats mad.
You have to fit it together and the instructions are rubbish. It is not obvious at all and the diagrams do not help.
The figure does not fit properly in the cab, and the sides fall off very easily. The children played with it for one afternoon and then lost interest. I would not buy this again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fragile, 17 Feb 2013
This review is from: Thundercats Thunder Tank (Toy)
This is quite a fragile item, the arms keep coming off so I am thinking of glueing them on. Pity about this as otherwise my grandson loves it.

1.0 out of 5 stars New thundertank not as good as the original, 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: Thundercats Thunder Tank (Toy)
I don't get to test out many of the new toys but I came across this one at my friends house, He had purchased it for his son. When I saw it I was like "OOOOHHHHH MY DAYS! Thundercats toys!", but having played with it for about an hour I realised that it wasn't as solidly made as the original Thundertank. It feels flimsy and the arms fall off of it too easily.

Thundercats Thunder Tank