5.0 out of 5 stars Superb bargain, a timeless console.
This is my third Wii. For various reasons I have sold the last two, but this is my first of the new hardware model. First impressions, it is tiny and feels solid and looks great, seriously, so much better than before.
Secondly, all the software had been pre-loaded so had it up and running in seconds.
Thirdly, for 90 from the Amazon Warehouse I was amazed that...
Published on 24 Jan 2012 by Ross

2.0 out of 5 stars Be advised -- boxes have been opened & are damaged
I can't yet comment on the Wii itself, because it's a gift for my children and it's not yet Christmas, but buyers should know that this is not a pristine, UK-supplied Wii console. The black box that looks so smart in the picture arrived battered and torn, inadequately padded in its (recycled) outer cardboard box, where apparently PC Supplies have had to 'de-courierize'...
Published 20 months ago by Broom71

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb bargain, a timeless console., 24 Jan 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nintendo Wii Console (Black) with Mario Kart Wii: Includes Wii Wheel and Wii Remote Plus (Console)
Thirdly, for 90 from the Amazon Warehouse I was amazed that it was pristine, untouched by anyone since manafacture as I was expecting the usual slightly soiled second hand console (ie used over Xmas then discarded for the refund). So all in all a massive success.

If you are Sony, Xbox or PC lovers and never thought about owning a Wii then this is the version you should get. Firstly in black it is dead smart, including the Wiimotes and Wheel so you won't feel like a kid. Secondly, you probably don't care that it can't play Gamecube games if you are Sony or Xbox afficianados. (Though there are good Gamecube games, some excellent ones even, finding discs that are scratch free is getting harder and harder). Thirdly, there are some excellent games for more mature gamers (see Zelda: Skyward Sword, Xenoblade Chronicles and Monster Hunter Tri), addictive skill based games (all Mario's, Fifa's and Sports Resort) and loads of party/family/get your friends over and mess about games (Wii Play, Wii Motion, Wii Sports etc).

Put this way, for around 100 it is so much better value than so many things I could mention. One final thing is that all of the peripherals and games will be compatible/integral to the forthcoming Wii:U (which though due this year, knowing Nintendo, I seriously doubt it will be before Xmas, they have a terrible track record with release dates in Europe).

Buy it, play it, put it in the attic, get it out when your kids are growing up and I guarantee it will stay out and be loved all over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !!!!!!, 2 Dec 2011
NeuroSplicer (Freeside, in geosynchronous orbit) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Forgive me Source-Code for I have sinned. For years I was a dedicated PC-gamer. I though ill of gaming consoles, considering them consumer-toys rather than entertainment systems. Who needs overpriced and oversized gaming consoles that can play Movie-DVDs and even BluRayDisks when most good games are released for PCs as well and they look and play better on them, right? Well, the NINTENDO Wii is a different breed.

Gaming on the Wii is an experience one has to live at least once - but preferably whenever he or she feels blue. Sure, it may not sport the cutting-edge graphical capabilities of a SONY PS3 or the game titles selection of the XBox. Nevertheless, most Wii games take full advantage of the console's capabilities and the exclusive games selection include the unsurpassable The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, the absorbing Metroid Prime: Trilogy, the mesmerizing Okami and the soothing Endless Ocean 2: Adventures of the Deep.
Not to mention the capabilities of Wii Fit Plus and Wii Sports Resort when coupled with a Wii Balance Board!

This is a black bundle edition and it looks great. I too have a black edition. I keep mine in our TV room and the black blends perfectly with my other home entertainment electronics. In any case, do not miss the revolution. Especially now that the price has dropped significantly.

Notice however that this particular bundle is more gaming and less workout oriented. That is why it does not include the Wii board so if you are also interested in exergames, keep in mind that you will need to buy a Wii Balance Board separately - and it is not easy to find a matching black Wii board. This black edition then is something you should be looking into.
Moreover, this is the new stripped down edition of the Wii that lays flat (instead in the grey base that keeps it in a vertical angle) and it does not support older GameCube games. I did not have any of those but if you do, keep this in mind.

There is simply no other console that offers so much fun. Both SONY and MICROSOFT have technologically excellent gaming consoles - but NINTENDO is the only one that always keeps in mind that gaming is supposed to be FUN.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nintento Wii (Again), 10 Dec 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
So I used to own a Nintendo Wii, one of the old white ones. I don't know if anything has changed since then, but this new one seems smaller (or at least shorter). I got another one because, for some reason, I missed the old thing after I sold it off, and now that they're cheap as chips I figured why not? I actually bought this for less money than I sold the other one for, so I'm quids in there.

There's some pretty solid games for the Wii, whatever people might tell you. As an owner of the Xbox 360, the PS3, formerly a Wii, and obviously a PC, trust me when I say it holds up to the others. It's a great experience, and not all games involve swinging your arms around and pointing at things, you can get the controller for it, GameCube style.

The only thing I would watch out for is that this particular bundle doesn't come with Wii Sports (whereas I thought it was a standard console thing, no biggie, never used my other copy either) and it also doesn't come with the little vertical stand, the black console is apparently designed to stand horizontally, despite having feet on the vertical part also. I guess it's Nintendo's way of saying "You shouldn't, but if you must, we'll make it easy for you". It also will not play GameCube games, where the old ones would, so also watch out for that if it was a selling point for you (never had a GameCube so I don't really care that much). It's not enough to take any stars off a first-rate piece of technology.

I recommend this to practically everybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars *New Wii console*, 6 Dec 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
When ordering this (excellently priced at GBP 97.49) package, please be aware that this is the new "improved" version of the Wii that is no longer compatible with Gamecube hardware. There are no ports for Gamecube controllers or memory cards to be found on this new version of the Wii. Quite how that is an improvement though is anyones guess.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nintendo wii console, 12 Feb 2014
The description by the seller was just perfect. It was described used but very good condition. In fact i couldn't tell it wasn't new. Very nice. in the original box
and my son was very pleased with it. Very pleased myself. Also came on time. Works beautifully Overall ......simply amazing!

Will definitely buy again from this Seller. What he says is what you get!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this purchase, 27 July 2014
Very happy with this purchase. Arrived very promptly. Description mentioned "the box packaging may be marked or scratched" so pleasantly surprised when hardly anything, just a little scuff mark. Christmas gift for my son. Delighted and has worked perfectly for last 8 months. Love this Wii, it's sleek, neat, easy to transport & straightforward to use. Since I bought it, bought extra controller as only comes with one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 July 2014
first class

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun fun fun, 8 Mar 2014
D. J. Hill "Dan" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
Bought a few years ago - we only ever had 3 games on this - Mario Cart, Super Mario Bros Wii, and now SkyLanders - but it's been a lot of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nintendo Wii Console (Black), 13 Jun 2013
Very pleased with the Nintendo Wii Console I ordered, they kept me informed as to the delivery date but was very pleased when it actually literally 7 days before the designated date, as it was a birthday present it was only 2 days late which was excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellet game system, 29 April 2013
This is a fantastic game system, and very well priced compared to others out there.
My son loved it, and so do I.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›