5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected
I was having some serious vibration issues with flex mounts, this one has maybe the odd bounce on your larger road bumps but in general its done the job.

I have it mounted so the camera is under the handle bar, it actually looks quite neat.

I feel much safer on the road now knowing I have video of all the idiot drivers that try to kill me :-)ii
Published 19 months ago by Haydies

3.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive!
You are paying for the name with this item, look around on Amazon etc and you will find other multi-purpose items that you can use and are cheaper.
Published 6 months ago by J. Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, 16 Dec 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a Motorbike, 3 Jun 2013
This review is from: Contour Bar Mount (Sports)
I was looking for a sturdy mount to use on my Triumph motorbike and this mount fitted to the handlebars with no issues and so far, even at "motorway speed" this mount has been great, no movement of the camera once it's fitted for me anyway.

The only issue I find is that it's a little tough to get the camera off the mount once it's on and this can then change the position of the camera but once fitted, I have found it very easy to just set the correct position by eye and the Contour, having such a wide field of view make it hard not to get it right and it can even see my speedo at the same time.

Great bit of kit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicer than attaching the camera to a bike helmet, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Contour Bar Mount (Sports)
In the past I've used the vented helmet mount - but even thought the Contour is light, I can still feel the extra weight. This solves the problem.

Put the camera in an excellent position to flick the switch to turn recording on.

I think the only downsides are that it's very difficult to lock the ball mount - they should come up with an easy way to firmly fix the camera mount once you've got it horizontal. Ride over a few potholes, and you find the camera tilts down!

Other than that - this is a really study mount - and there's no way the camera can come off accidentally.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive!, 1 Jan 2014
J. Wright (Whittlesey, England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Good mount, 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: Contour Bar Mount (Sports)
Good mount, wasn't sure how it would go, there's alot of vibration from handlebars and I wondered whether the camera would just wobble continuously. Couldn't have been more wrong and was suprised how well it shot from the mount. It's also a solid fix and the camera won't go anywhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good on smooth roads, 25 Aug 2013
This review is from: Contour Bar Mount (Sports)
Having seen footage taken on helmet mounted cameras, I decided that a more static mount would be better. The clamp fits tightly on the handlebar and it has not slipped even with some severe bumps. However, I ride a road bike and the severe bumps are translated directly into the camera causing bad picture blurring. I guess this is to be expected. In this respect, I think the mount would be better suited to a mountain bike where the suspension and fatter tyres would smooth the bumps out a bit. Having said that, on a smooth road, the pictures are good. Having ridden the Ride100London, the bumps actually made the footage look more spectacular on the fast downhill sections.
The ball joint has an 'O' ring to secure it in position. I found it a bit slack so added a finger from a latex glove to give it bit more grip.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent bit of kit for cycling, 16 July 2013
Jon B "Jon" (Manchester, U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Contour Bar Mount (Sports)
I originally purchased the contour bar strap, which is a rubbery strap that to be honest is completely useless. It slips down the handlebars meaning your camera is pointing up in the sky or down at the floor.

So, I then purchased this particular mount, hoping it would be more robust. Which to be fair it is. It was tricky to find room on my handlebars but after a bit of messing around I got the mount on.

The camera can be rotated left and right, up and down, and also down each side. Every now and again a big bump will take out the original setting which means that you have to reposition the camera. But it's miles better than the rubber strap.

It would have got 5 stars, if there was a setting to lock the camera mount so that it can't rotate when you go over bumps

Contour Bar Mount