5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! ---- Plugable USB Easy Transfer Cable
Published on 20 May 2012 by Tricon

1.0 out of 5 stars Be aware
Silly of me I thought I could connect my two computers with this cable and treat it as a normal usb connection to transfer files. In order to use this cable one is forced to use Windows Easy Transfer software. In spite of the options (selecting or not certain folders and files) this software will copy everything, from files to settings. Please be aware of this.
**I...
Published on 13 Jan. 2013 by G J

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! ---- Plugable USB Easy Transfer Cable, 20 May 2012
This review is from: Plugable Windows Transfer Cable for Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP. Includes Bravura Easy Computer Sync Software (Electronics)
Delivered in two days!!!! Works perfectly and the optional downloadable software is excellent and a must have. This is the only 3rd party software available for easy transfer cables and it provides full two way drag and drop file transfer. This can be done from either computer. I transferred files from a 32bit windows 7 starter machine to a 64bit Win 7 home premium machine. The same product key can be used for installs on all your XP, Vista and Win 7 machines. The product is very easy to use and the option to use the Microsoft or the downloadable Bravura software jumps on the screen as soon as you plug the cable in. The cable does not operate like a networked connection as it is intended for file transfer only but it will sync selected folders so they are the same on each computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy it certainly is., 27 Aug. 2012
Just what I wanted. I needed to transfer files from Windows XP to Windows 7.
The cable comes with clear, well written instructions, support and clever downloadable software from Bravura. Selecting files for transfer is easy.Plugable USB 2.0 Easy Transfer Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Transfer Cable, 14 July 2012
This product does exactly what it is supposed to do.... i.e. to transfer data between computers. The free down-loadable software is excellent. Drag and drop is very easy to set up. All in all a great piece of hardware supported by good software.

5.0 out of 5 stars Should Have Got One Before!, 27 Sept. 2012
The cable arrived on time with a licence for additional transfer software and outline instructions to use Windows Easy Transfer. I just used Windows Easy Transfer (for access, click on Windows Start button and type easy transfer into the search window) on both Windows 7 machines and can only say it was the most straightforward process. The standard transfer copied all my photos, music, video and documents across without any need for me to be involved. I seem to recall it is possible to pick and choose what files are transferred but a quick visit to Easy Transfer will verify that?

Naturally, it did not transfer programs but it did transfer files created using programs (music and video projects etc.) so that they were picked up when I reinstalled the programs on my new pc, the exception being games where everything went back to the beginning.

I had about 250GB of data to copy and it took a couple of hours but it did the job I asked of it without any hitches. I just wish I had bought one before, it made light work of what can be a difficult task.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful item, 30 Sept. 2012
Being no IT genius, but too tight to pay someone to do my data transfer, I purchased this item with a little trepidation.
I needn't have worried. Transferring data from my old Windows vista laptop to my new Windows 7 was relatively straightforward despite the old laptop being somewhat the worse for wear.
I did have to faff around a bit with downloading drivers to the old machine but all is explained clearly.
I only knocked off a star because a few of my photos were inexplicably left on the old machine. Only a few and they were quickly moved using a memory stick, but if using this item I would recommend having a quick check that nothing important has been left behind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plugable USB 2.0 easy transfer cable, 13 Jun. 2012
Great product and service works brilliantly. Would highly recommend the product and after sales service and advice. The company are on hand immediately to help with any problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plugable Easy Transfer cable, 15 April 2013
Roy Ward (wylam, northumberland United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Surprisingly easy to use. Used it to transfer from Vista lap top to New Laptop with Windows 8. It took a while but the result was sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent solution to a daily nuisance problem, 6 Sept. 2012
I was swayed towards this plugable product over the Belkin alternative because of the downloadable software that comes with it. I have a daily requirement to transfer files to and fro between a W7 laptop and an XP desktop PC. Belkin and others gave the impression that all they were good for was a one-off transfer when upgrading from one PC to another whereas I wanted a fast way to transfer files without resorting to copying to a ramdrive, unplugging, replugging into the destination PC and copying on to the HD. If that is what YOU need then look no further, THIS is the product for you, do not consider any other. An unreserved 5 stars for the time and grief it saves me every single working day.

1.0 out of 5 stars Be aware, 13 Jan. 2013
**I was contacted by the seller after this post and they kindly offer to help. They tell me that with the new Bravura Transfer Sinc software (included with the cable) it is possible to 'pick and choose' folders. It was too late for me, but make sure you select the right software when transferring your files.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy !, 24 Jan. 2014
I am hopeless with any technology, but even I found this easy to install and use. I had an old XP desktop which I upgraded to W8.1 on a new laptop. It could not have been more straight forward. Excellent company and software. I was going to buy an external harddrive there is no need now. The cabple is a good length as well. It did not take that long either concidering all the music etc that had stored over the years.