Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 April 2013
Bought this on a whim and coldn't be happier. Has helped me to get through the cold, grey winter of the UK by cheering me up. Its not a pretty sight or sound but I have been singing and dancing around the house with my little kiddies doing likewise. This has been such a hit that as soon as I put it on my 3 year old starts tapping and jumping. "Brilliant" in a word!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 30 September 2014
I spent quite some time trawling through variations of Sly and the Family Stone's "Greatest Hits" style compilations before choosing this one, featuring all six tracks I could remember from listening to the radio in the early 70's. I was expecting the rest to be filler - how wrong can you be. Everything here is worthy of inclusion on this high quality, low price compilation. It has been a constant companion on the CD player for a month now and at no point does the quality dip. Surprise yourself with this package from this underrated band, surely long due favourable critical reassessment.
on 9 February 2013
This is a great remastered UK 'best of' edition of Sly Stone and his familiy producing great songs which in 2013 still hold up well from other 60s & 70s of similar like. As a collector of UK chart music, I loved hearing all these tracks freshly remastered from the original recordings. I give it a four star rather than a five as there are some tracks missing from this collection which were available on a 1990s cd of similar standing. Notwithstanding that, this is a lovely slice of soul & r&b of an era of which I love. I highly recommend it especially at the very competitive cd price. Enjoy...
on 5 October 2012
Just love this album, I can see why purple man refers to this group regularly just great great music well ahead of it's time.
on 20 October 2013
always was a fan of sly and the family stone, had a similar version on vinyl, this is an excellent replacement, has all the expected songs on and a few bonus, warning this review is bias but who could not like dance to the music
on 24 December 2012
They don't make stuff like this any more, excellent! A good selection of tracks demonstrating their musical range, even the kids like it.
on 5 June 2014
What's not to like? Really, apart from dance to the music (overplayed) and the flower power stuff. Play a simple song....
on 10 December 2013
This album has all the classics, plus some tracks I didn't know. Plus, it was great price! Would definitely recommend it!
on 5 March 2016
one incredible hit after another. always makes me smile and dance. some classics never grow old
on 18 June 2016
Dynamite indeed - a marvellous collection of funk-pop classics.