5.0 out of 5 stars A deserved treatment for this beautiful film (Blu-Ray + DVD)
As the 'Golden Age' of the Disney studio almost came to a close, 'Dumbo' is the film that is most commonly remembered as being an integral release. It saved the business after the financial losses of Pinocchio and Fantasia before it, but did so astonishingly with such economy and simplicity.

This is the most striking aspect about Dumbo - its sheer emotional...
Published on 19 Mar. 2010 by Picard

3.0 out of 5 stars 5 star film, 2 star sound
My wife and I were both really looking forward to watching this. It is one of her favorite movies. The movie itself is short, coming in at about 64 minutes, but in that time, it packs an emotional punch. You see as Dumbo gets delivered late, and then as he gets picked on because of his monster ears ("he is SO cute"says my wife as she looks on in wonder, and I have to...
Published on 29 Mar. 2010 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 328 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Dumbo, 1 April 2010
Spider Monkey (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
`Dumbo' is one of those Disney films I grew up on and I still have fond memories of putting this on on VHS and enjoying every minute of the story. I was obviously looking forward to this Blu-Ray reissue and although it lives up to my expectations in some respects, it also misses the mark in others. The re-mastering is pretty decent and the sound quality is much improved, but I feel the animal rendering is too polished now. The nuance and style of the classic animation is lost and you can obviously tell this has been retouched. Re-mastering should be unobtrusive and add to the end product and sadly here it detracts from the original animation. Thankfully the scenery is still beautiful and many small touches that make this film remain. This film has great music that brought many memories flooding back and the now famous psychedelic pink elephant scene is just as impressive as ever. This has a nice mix of cute, funny and sad scenes and the sad ones made me choke up as a kid and still had the power to put a lump in my throat as an adult. This package features an array of extras, most of which are of more interest to a child audience, but there area also some bits of interest to adults too. Overall this is a fine example of classic Disney animation and although I feel the re-mastering may have taken a step too far this time, this is still a film that should be owned by all fans of animation. This is heart warming film making at it's best.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classics, 13 April 2013
This review is from: Dumbo [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Every child has to see the wonders of these films, and these are for my granddaughters introduction to the classics of Disney. !!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars MORE STARS THAN YOU ALLOW US, 7 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Dumbo [DVD] (DVD)
As a child I didn't want to go to any Disney films. But the arrival of my baby boy when I was 45 meant that I began watching the lovely old Disney films 4 decades late. Dumbo is the one my son and I like best. It's funny, moving, loving, outrageous at times - and sad. Last night I watched it again as my now 9 year old son has got back "into" it again - and I cried with both laughter and sadness - separated by minutes. The utterly hysterical scene when Dumbo barrels into the bitchy elephants who taunted his mother - bringing their carefully-constructed elephant-on-elephant pyramid crashing down causing the Big Top to fall. Doesn't matter how many times I see it I always double-up - the tears then come with the mother and Dumbo scene when Mrs Jumbo is imprisoned in a cage with a leg-iron, singing to the baby she can feel with her trunk - but not see. It's incredibly moving. Those old animators knew all about humour, life and love - and they poured it into their work. I love the crows' song at the end. Sounded like Louis Armstrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars classic film - though DVD is missing some extras, 13 April 2005
S. A. Wright (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dumbo [DVD] (DVD)
Dumbo is probably one of Disney's alltime greatest films and it's great to finally own it on DVD. Highlights for me are "When I See An Elephant Fly" and "Pink Elephants On Parade"
warning DVD I received and the ones available in retail shops doesn't include commentary or Walt's tv intro. Once again it looks like Region 2 fans have been hard done by
still a great classic film though

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 5 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Dumbo [DVD] (DVD)
Highly recommended! My 2,5 yr old just loves it and watches it regularly. It has taught him a few new baby animals and he always asks for a cuddle when Dumbo is being cuddled by his mum. Truely a magical film which has not lost one bit of it's charm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood memory, 20 May 2011
This review is from: Dumbo [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this for our grand-daughter in Melbourne(4yrs old) - she loves it.I think an adult should be with small children when watching it as some parts may be disturbing or sad to little ones.
But we had to get it because in Australia - no AMAZON !!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Disney Classic, 9 Jun. 2009
Tried and Tested (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Dumbo [DVD] (DVD)
Disney films are fantastic for teaching young children right from wrong and Dumbo is one of the best examples of this. As well as having an original story and enduring images this film is ideal for teaching children about bullying, animal cruelty and (bizarrely) the perils of drinking too much. It also shows how a mother will (or should) do anything to protect her child.

All in all I love this film, it is a little dated and there are certain things that take place in it that Disney wouldn't be able to do today but, that said, it will still be enjoyed by many children. I seem to be one on my own here but the scene's I do not enjoy are those when Dumbo is dreaming following his heavy drinking, it kind of freaked me out as a child and I've never enjoyed those scenes since.

5.0 out of 5 stars magical, 5 Feb. 2009
I have started to collect classics for my grandchildren. This film gave me as much pleasure as it did when I watched it with my children twenty odd years ago. My grandaughter enjoyed it too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 31 July 2011
This review is from: Dumbo [DVD] (DVD)
I already had this on DVD but wanted a copy for my granddaughters, this must be one of the best films ever made and the enhanced picture quality on this edition is excellent, recommended for children of all ages (I'm 66!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dumbo is COOL!!!, 19 July 2004
By A Customer
Yes, Dumbo may be thought of as a very young childrens movie, but even so, I think differently. Yes, it is very good for young children, but I'm not a young child and I still enjoy it! It has some very 'catchy' songs and is emotional and sometimes extremely funny. I am forever looking on the internet for Dumbo songs to listen to online when I'm doing something other than watching TV! Buy this and I guarantee it will be one of the best movies that you have!

‹ Previous | 1 2 328 | Next ›

Dumbo [Blu-ray]
Dumbo [Blu-ray] by Wilfred Jackson (Blu-ray - 2011)