on 14 February 2013
I bought this item in despair, as all my previous bell pushes had failed because of where it is situated (exposed PVC doorframe). It's still working (3 months so far) so thanks to all the other reviewers out there.
on 25 February 2012
This bell takes seconds to install and the chime is audible throughout the house, particularly if you choose one of the more annoying tunes that are impossible to ignore!
on 22 May 2014
I have had this for over 4 months now so I think this is a good 'burn in' time to be able to form a solid review of this useful doorbell.

I have the button and ringer a good 15-20 meters apart in a straight line going upstairs through solid brick and it works just fine. The bell is mains powered and the ringer uses a battery. The battery is doing fine 4 months in. Last Friday my enthusiastic pizza delivery guy gave it a good test with several presses to make sure... I'll be sure to order Indian instead next time.

The button braved The Great Storm of January like a champ, shrugging off a harsh combination of strong winds, rain and angry pizza guys like it was a flea in a Kanye West concert.

The ringer is nice and loud, but not piercing nor fright inducing. Just a nice normal 'ding dong, ding dong' noise. This is a very good thing because I have an easily frightened cat who likes to sleep on my lap. Trust me when I say, you don't want to scare a cat sleeping on your lap... There be delicate things there...

A couple of things to note though...
1) You can't configure anything. The sounds an volume are fixed. If you don't like a standard 'ding-dong, ding dong' then you've come to the wrong place.
2) The image currently on the site is not the same doorbell. THIS is what you're getting: TeckNet® Wireless Mains Plug-In Doorbell Door Chime
3) It can't block multiple presses from impatient pizza delivery men (nor can it call them names on your behalf).

I don't really consider the above 3 points as bad things (except the last one) because that is essentially what I expected from this. This is a nice basic doorbell that does what it's supposed to do reliably and I recommend it.
on 11 August 2013
Great doorbell, does what it says on the box, good range and a lot of tunes to choose from. Would of liked to be able to screw in the button instead if having a sticker pad but saying that it has stuck well.
on 1 July 2012
the ringer selection is good. It reverts to the original tone if unplugged or turned off, to plug into and out of this device is very annoying. On several occassions the whole thing just came out. Its a very tight fit. Despite this i would buy this again, its so loud!
on 21 May 2013
I cannot fault this AT ALL. I have quite a big house, and bizarrely when I bought it there was no doorbell, so I could never hear when someone was at the door. I thought this probably wouldn't be that good as it was so cheap, but its great, and the sensor works through 200 year old solid wood doors!
on 30 May 2013
Good quality bell. No instruction in the packet though. But we managed to work it out anyway!So all in all we are happy with it
on 8 June 2013
Excellent value for money. Love the 16 different melody choices. Easy to fix to doorway. Arrived very quickly which is always a bonus.
on 4 June 2014
Set up was OK, worked for 3 weeks then stopped. Replaced batteries, worked another 2 weeks, then is only working intermittently. Can't recommend, and sending back.
on 18 October 2011
These doorbells (I bought 5, some as gifts) are excellent.

I've tried many types of doorbell, with the simple aim of having one door-press to ring 2 (or 3) wireless doorbells located anywhere in the house.
You can buy a set of doorbells specifically designed to do this & I already had a set which were ok, but the batteries have to be replaced frequently, & it isn't easy to find out when they are getting low.

But the Tecknet bells solve all problems.
They are very loud (which IMO is a benefit, although I have to make sure they're not in a room which is shared by the house next door).
There are no batteries to replace in the bells. Have to accept that if the electricity goes, they won't ring.
I know from experience with other bells that the door-press battery will last well over a year.

The signal goes through a few walls & I think it has never failed.

I always feel it's taking a gamble assuming that the same door press will activate 2 identical bells, but it always works, as long as they are configured the same.
Being able to configure the frequency is important. I always change it immediately to an 'unusual' one.
I won't buy bells without this feature.

It's ok to have different chimes to choose from but I just use the default one.
If it remembered the selection after unplugging, it might be worth using them. They're ok.

As other people have said, if you plug something into it, it will get wedged in.
I suppose a 3-way socket might be useful there. I leave mine empty.

Well worth the money.