on 7 April 2014
I bought one of these and I was completely shocked to see that the 'brand new' hard drive saw 3.6 YEARS of use and over 1000 start-up sequences.

so do yourself a favor and check hard drives you buy by reading the internal S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) counters.
on 31 July 2014
Arrived on day stated although at 8pm at night. Upon opening, even though the description states new, the manufacture date on the hard drive was October 2008! When checking this out, the hard drive had been powered up for 29164 hours (nearly 4 years!) This is not a new device as stated in the description.
on 25 November 2013
This started off OK but unfortunately failed within three hours of use. Took a little while to arrive and in my opinion wasn't packed very well. Whether this had anything to do with it's failure, I don't know. Gave the symptoms of having a head crash. It'll but going back for replacement so hopefully better luck next time.
on 26 August 2014
I bought this item on April 2013 to replace dell hard drive and today August 26 2014 it died. On reading a comment about his drive having 1000 start ups before he got his I checked this one and this was similar to his.... NOT BRAND NEW DRIVES... DO NOT BUY... RECLAIMED HARD DRIVES... BEWARE!
on 1 December 2014
The drive I received was not new, it had 22,236 hours of running and had been turned on/off more than 6000 times. I should have known given the price, but what is being done here deserves a mention on Rogue Traders.
on 22 June 2013
The disk arrived within the estimated time delivery. I slotted into my usb2 ide cable and cloned my 40 GB disk to it. When it was ready, I installed into my laptop and when I booted it was perfect. I recommend this disk to all my friends.
on 6 February 2013
Drive arrived fairly quickly, but with all pins 'crushed' together, unsure if this was due to transportation (which could be improved).
I could not wait for any replacement to be sent (time critical), but was able to 'repair' the pins and fit the drive, which worked fine.
I know that these older IDE drives are not as readily available (and more expensive) but was surprised to see that this was over 4 years old - warranty of course on these items are now only 1 year from supplier rather than up to 3 years from manufacturer.
on 30 October 2014
As others have said, definitely NOT new.
on 9 January 2014
I bought this item along with the recommended enclosure so that I could test several other HDD's collected over the years. The Hitachi hard disk worked perfectly but please note that if you are using it as a backup disk it does need initializing first through control panel, administrative tools, computer management, disk management, in windows xp and 7. A great buy for either getting that old computer going or as a backup disk.
on 5 September 2013
I bought this to rejuvenate an older machine that had a much smaller drive, it works great - I cloned the system using Macrium reflex using a cheap IDE to USB connector - it took 4 hours, which was down to the way I did it rather than any reflection on the drive. Once I swapped it over it goes faster than the original and is twice the size - so i am happy, especially as most work is done on line which is now the bottleneck.