4.5 out of 5 stars1,390
Size: 24-inchStyle Name: DVI, HDMI and SpeakersChange

on 26 July 2014
Simply a fantastic monitor, I bought this to replace the TV in my bedroom which recently decided to break for the second time in 2 years, (Go Samsung).

This was half the price I paid for my TV, and it's fantastic, very light, good looking, really vivid colour and contrast, just looks so much better in every way. Connected it straight up to my FreeSat box and it just works, aside from not coming with a controller I don't know why more people don't just buy monitors as televisions, you pay half the price for the same if not superior quality. I guess you could say it lacks all of the ports a TV has, but how many do you really use?, I had an HDMI cable and the power cable connected to my TV, nothing else, so a monitor is perfect for my needs.

The only negative, if you could call it that, as it is a problem almost all monitors and televisions have, is the built in speakers are a bit pants, but that was expected. £15 later and I have clear and crisp sound through external speakers thanks to the built in speaker jack. Sorted.

I am extremely impressed with this monitor, and I'll probably end up buying another one or two to use with my desktop PC, since I'm currently using a Samsung which hasn't broken yet in about 3 years (weird I know). I think I'll stick with BenQ from now on.

Highly recommended.
on 28 January 2014
My downstairs TV is only 720p and my previous laptop only had a 720p display aswell, so I had never really experience full HD before. This monitor has shown me how clear and amazing 1080p is. I use hdmi to connect it to my new desktop.

The built in speakers get the job done, I mainly went for a monitor with speakers for watching movies with my mum (I doubt she'll be up for trying to share my headset with me) as I don't have much money and didnt want to have to buy seperate speakers.

The monitor has a 2ms response time which is nice but to be honest I can't even tell the different between a 5 and 2ms response time. All the buttons are on the right hand side of the montior, the buttons include : auto, menu, up, down, enter and power. Next to the power button there is a light which is green when the montior is on, yellow when it is on stand by and off when the monitor is off. The monitor is wall mountable which is very nice as I plan to buy a wall bracket for it, in the near future. The monitor has a total of 6 picture modes, these modes include: Standard, movie, game, photo, sRGB and ECO. You can easily switch through the modes using the down button. To be honest I can't comment on the picture quality because this is my first monitor and I dont have much experience, but in my eyes it looks great (hope that helps). The monitor it self is a glossy material which is a bit of a dust magnet but hey it looks pretty.

My only complaint about the monitor is that it came with a small scratch on the left side, but it isnt anything too deep so you only notice it if you look super hard. Over all I highly recommend this monitor, i did a lot of research before buying this, trying to find the best monitor for the price and I am happy i got this. 5/5 amazing for the price, you really dont need to spend £200 on a decent monitor!
review image review image
on 21 August 2015
Bought this for myself to use with my PS4, mainly for FPS (First Person Shooter) games, including Call of Duty and Battlefiel .

The monitor is absolutely fantastic. Colours are great (especially game mode, there are several others), and the built in speakers are nice if my ears get tired from holding my headphones on them. The 2ms response is lightning quick to me personally as I have come from a 6ms 32 inch TV to this. Massive step for me personally in terms of gaming.

I also use this for photography, mainly using it as an external monitor for my laptop, and there has not been a problem so far.

All in all, a smashing monitor, and for less than £100 (got mine for 95 inc next day express delivery), I'd recommend it to anyone who asks for my advice.

on 11 February 2015
Love the size and the display. However there are 2 dead pixels and BenQ will not replace it unless you have 5 or 1 very near the center.
review image review image
on 10 August 2013
I had two other products i was thinking of getting: the IIYAMA E2480HS-B1 and the Acer G246HLBBID. Specification were all pretty much the same on those two monitors with this: 1920x1080 resolution, 2MS response time, around 24inch diagonal screen, LED, HD, fairly decent built-in speakers (unless you're fussy), HDMI, DVI-D and D-sub/VGA inputs, port for headphones, TN panel type (would of prefered IPS but nonetheless i can't complain), boasting of a very high dynamic contrast ratio which is something that's measured differently by companies as far as i have been educated and not to be read too much into. This did not come with a USB port and while i could be wrong, neither did the other two. This uses 42 watts per hour in all modes (other than eco) which is a bit over double over the other two but in terms of price of electricity, very little to be concerned about. The only real difference between the three were price and this was the cheapest at £124 at the time, now £115. Acer was £130, currently £110 and Iiyama was/still is £155. Doesn't come with freeview or built in tv tuner but good luck finding a monitor with the specs above with tv tuner for under £200.

I am extremely happy with this product: looks great, no dead pixels (did come with a very minor scratch on the back of the monitor if i must complain- ruined everything...), easy menus to navigate should you wish to change brightness, mode etc, the stand does shake a little bit if you're in a fight with the desk but most the time it really isn't that noticeable. Good for gaming, movies or internet use (the text isn't blurry is what i mean). I happily recommend you get this monitor for all the specs it delivers and the quality it bring for a fairly cheap price compared to some monitors out there which offer less but are higher priced.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 January 2013
I've got a Benq G2410HD LCD monitor and this has given great service for the last few years. I decided I wanted a dual monitor setup so I chose this new monitor to be the main one and the older Benq to be used for floating toolbars, download windows etc. Having had no issues with my older Benq it made sense to stick with the brand, quite aside from the great reviews.
When I got the new monitor I did an A-B comparison with a few photos and the improvement to the image quality is simply stunning, so much so the I can't quite bring myself to see the difference between the monitors every day. The image is just SO much better all round, brighter, sharper and much improved detail in contrast in brighter areas. So, I ordered another one!

P.S. There's a comment in a review about their monitor coming from Germany but the trader I got mine from (Ballicom International) came from Coventry. I ordered on Sunday afternoon and it arrived on Tuesday.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 January 2014
I have been trying to find a monitor to use with my macbook pro, and it has been really hard. I have ordered Samsung and Asus monitors and they have worked, but have had something wrong and quality is not good enough.

I read all the reviews about this monitor and took a chance as Benq is not a household name. I have been really surprised, The picture quality is better than my iMac 21.5 monitor.

The response time 2ms when using with my playstation 3 is great no ghosting at all, and colours are excellent.

The speakers are OK, for light gaming and general PC use, but may need a external set for serious music and dvd users.

I would recommend this monitor and i am not surprised this is the number one rated monitor on amazon.
on 19 November 2013
Video Review can be seen here
The team at benq say that whether you're catching up on the latest show all the Internet or viewing documents then the GL 2450 LED monitor is the perfect choice for you and to be honest I don't tend to disagree is only used as a monitor it offers A fantastic amount of screen space bright crisp images through which ever connection you choose and all for incredibly low price there is only one fault in my opinion and that is the speakers

Sure it's somewhat of a luxury nowadays to have built-in speakers on a 24 inch monitor in this Price bracket however, do not feel that you can get away with the on-board speakers because unless you're using the screen purely for the odd video here you will be disappointed with the lack of base and volume range

This compact monitor comes in at under 4.1 kg and so therefore is light and easily manoeuvrable. Connections on board include one HDMI one DV ID and one VGA there is limited audio options other than the HDMI is therefore you are faced with a fairly basic range of inputs however again we must stress for this price having HDMI input alone is an achievement speakers are measured at 42 watts but still are very basic but providing you use alternate source for your audio screen will not let you down

As you can see from the pictures the bezel around the edge of the screen is not huge and the depth of the display is also reasonable screen is adjustable by tilting forwards and back approximately 20° there is also the option to Wall mount the display and with the connections assessable from below this would not cause any issue

The resolution is 1920 x 1080 and therefore offers 1080p resolution the the different options available from the menu are also fairly limited but certainly do the job with options for game mode movie, Photo and others I found the colours warm crisp and very pleasing the blacks were reasonably deep and the full colour range as demonstrated in the screenshots seemed fairly dynamic

If you're looking for a low cost larger display then to pick this monitor up at these prices really makes fantastic sense of the difference in cost between this and the 27 inch models my preference would be to get two of these

My overall summary of this monitor is fantastic value for money and are very reasonable display with good image reproduction and from me would definitely be a 8/10 for the price and the only thing stopping it get to 9 would be the speaker quality I hope you found this review helpful.
on 12 July 2015
Looks good on paper, but mine came with washed out colours, sickly yellow, orange instead of red etc sending it back. contacted BenQ uk about it got an automated e-mail saying a ticked has been submitted then no reply for 5 days. Have tried every possible mode all possible contrast/brightness/colour /AMD control panel fixes ... still the same. Perhaps it is just mine but when I run a 42" TV I get better colours (not this horrid look and that is a really old TV. Have tried all resolution types the lot .. just colours look awful.
review image
on 1 May 2014
The 24 inch screen is large enough for this resolution of 1920x1080p. Any bigger screen and you would have to have a higher resolution or things would begin to look a little pixelated.

There's only one HDMI port. No audio cable or DVI-D cable was included in my parcel. There was a VGA cable.

Assembly was very easy.

The buttons on the side are sturdy enough but I find myself having to use them more than I would want to, perhaps because Windows 7 insists on using its own generic driver for this display, so there are *no* software options to adjust brightness, contrast etc with the click of a mouse.

It's a big screen so there's a little reflected glare from other light sources in the room if I sit 2-3ft away. Also, the bezel is shiny and reflective. The picture quality is good on 1080p streaming video, though not as good as on my three-year-old 37" Toshiba HDTV.

It is *very* bright. You have to turn the brightness and contrast way down (to about 50% and set the "Gamma" to maximum) if you're going to spend a lot of time reading text on this monitor. Very readable once properly adjusted though.

I'm happy enough with this monitor, but here's what I learned for the future:

2 HDMI ports would be better (I have a gaming PC and an Xbox. The PC, connected via DVI-D cable is a little choppy on graphics-intensive games while the Xbox, connected via HDMI, is perfect.

The shiny bezel I could live without. Matt would be preferable.

I'd prefare smart software for changing the monitor settings, rather than using the buttons on the side.
For the £113.00 I paid, this monitor is well worth it.
review image