5.0 out of 5 stars Wow
My downstairs TV is only 720p and my previous laptop only had a 720p display aswell, so I had never really experience full HD before. This monitor has shown me how clear and amazing 1080p is. I use hdmi to connect it to my new desktop.

Published 12 months ago by Ayyesha

2.0 out of 5 stars Faulty pixels
Faulty pixels on both monitors ordered. Replaced with a different model with no such problems. Also non-Amazon supplier was denying liability and reluctant to take back, despite it being faulty. They said up to 5 faulty pixels per screen was perfectly acceptable!!!
Published 15 months ago by mandy vickery

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 28 Jan. 2014
This review is from: BenQ GL2450HM LED TN 24-inch Widescreen Multimedia Monitor (1920 x 1080, 2 ms GTG, VGA, DVI-D, HDMI, speakers) - Glossy Black (Accessory)

The built in speakers get the job done, I mainly went for a monitor with speakers for watching movies with my mum (I doubt she'll be up for trying to share my headset with me) as I don't have much money and didnt want to have to buy seperate speakers.

The monitor has a 2ms response time which is nice but to be honest I can't even tell the different between a 5 and 2ms response time. All the buttons are on the right hand side of the montior, the buttons include : auto, menu, up, down, enter and power. Next to the power button there is a light which is green when the montior is on, yellow when it is on stand by and off when the monitor is off. The monitor is wall mountable which is very nice as I plan to buy a wall bracket for it, in the near future. The monitor has a total of 6 picture modes, these modes include: Standard, movie, game, photo, sRGB and ECO. You can easily switch through the modes using the down button. To be honest I can't comment on the picture quality because this is my first monitor and I dont have much experience, but in my eyes it looks great (hope that helps). The monitor it self is a glossy material which is a bit of a dust magnet but hey it looks pretty.

My only complaint about the monitor is that it came with a small scratch on the left side, but it isnt anything too deep so you only notice it if you look super hard. Over all I highly recommend this monitor, i did a lot of research before buying this, trying to find the best monitor for the price and I am happy i got this. 5/5 amazing for the price, you really dont need to spend £200 on a decent monitor!

5.0 out of 5 stars Picture so much better than earlier LCD monitor, 23 Jan. 2013
I've got a Benq G2410HD LCD monitor and this has given great service for the last few years. I decided I wanted a dual monitor setup so I chose this new monitor to be the main one and the older Benq to be used for floating toolbars, download windows etc. Having had no issues with my older Benq it made sense to stick with the brand, quite aside from the great reviews.
When I got the new monitor I did an A-B comparison with a few photos and the improvement to the image quality is simply stunning, so much so the I can't quite bring myself to see the difference between the monitors every day. The image is just SO much better all round, brighter, sharper and much improved detail in contrast in brighter areas. So, I ordered another one!

P.S. There's a comment in a review about their monitor coming from Germany but the trader I got mine from (Ballicom International) came from Coventry. I ordered on Sunday afternoon and it arrived on Tuesday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Monitor- Budget or not, 10 Aug. 2013
I had two other products i was thinking of getting: the IIYAMA E2480HS-B1 and the Acer G246HLBBID. Specification were all pretty much the same on those two monitors with this: 1920x1080 resolution, 2MS response time, around 24inch diagonal screen, LED, HD, fairly decent built-in speakers (unless you're fussy), HDMI, DVI-D and D-sub/VGA inputs, port for headphones, TN panel type (would of prefered IPS but nonetheless i can't complain), boasting of a very high dynamic contrast ratio which is something that's measured differently by companies as far as i have been educated and not to be read too much into. This did not come with a USB port and while i could be wrong, neither did the other two. This uses 42 watts per hour in all modes (other than eco) which is a bit over double over the other two but in terms of price of electricity, very little to be concerned about. The only real difference between the three were price and this was the cheapest at £124 at the time, now £115. Acer was £130, currently £110 and Iiyama was/still is £155. Doesn't come with freeview or built in tv tuner but good luck finding a monitor with the specs above with tv tuner for under £200.

I am extremely happy with this product: looks great, no dead pixels (did come with a very minor scratch on the back of the monitor if i must complain- ruined everything...), easy menus to navigate should you wish to change brightness, mode etc, the stand does shake a little bit if you're in a fight with the desk but most the time it really isn't that noticeable. Good for gaming, movies or internet use (the text isn't blurry is what i mean). I happily recommend you get this monitor for all the specs it delivers and the quality it bring for a fairly cheap price compared to some monitors out there which offer less but are higher priced.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 19 Nov. 2013
Video Review can be seen here http://youtu.be/G2c_G94crBs
The team at benq say that whether you're catching up on the latest show all the Internet or viewing documents then the GL 2450 LED monitor is the perfect choice for you and to be honest I don't tend to disagree is only used as a monitor it offers A fantastic amount of screen space bright crisp images through which ever connection you choose and all for incredibly low price there is only one fault in my opinion and that is the speakers

Sure it's somewhat of a luxury nowadays to have built-in speakers on a 24 inch monitor in this Price bracket however, do not feel that you can get away with the on-board speakers because unless you're using the screen purely for the odd video here you will be disappointed with the lack of base and volume range

This compact monitor comes in at under 4.1 kg and so therefore is light and easily manoeuvrable. Connections on board include one HDMI one DV ID and one VGA there is limited audio options other than the HDMI is therefore you are faced with a fairly basic range of inputs however again we must stress for this price having HDMI input alone is an achievement speakers are measured at 42 watts but still are very basic but providing you use alternate source for your audio screen will not let you down

As you can see from the pictures the bezel around the edge of the screen is not huge and the depth of the display is also reasonable screen is adjustable by tilting forwards and back approximately 20° there is also the option to Wall mount the display and with the connections assessable from below this would not cause any issue

The resolution is 1920 x 1080 and therefore offers 1080p resolution the the different options available from the menu are also fairly limited but certainly do the job with options for game mode movie, Photo and others I found the colours warm crisp and very pleasing the blacks were reasonably deep and the full colour range as demonstrated in the screenshots seemed fairly dynamic

If you're looking for a low cost larger display then to pick this monitor up at these prices really makes fantastic sense of the difference in cost between this and the 27 inch models my preference would be to get two of these

My overall summary of this monitor is fantastic value for money and are very reasonable display with good image reproduction and from me would definitely be a 8/10 for the price and the only thing stopping it get to 9 would be the speaker quality I hope you found this review helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic monitor, with ok but quiet speakers, 15 Nov. 2014
Good quality screen, no dead pixels, but very bright - you'll probably want to turn the brightness down or select "Eco" mode. I got the 21.5 inch screen, the aspect is wide screen, almost like two monitors side by side, so you need to be about 1 metre away from the screen otherwise you'll be turning your head left and right. Many people will find the 21 inch monitor a little small and will prefer to pay the extra cost for the 23 inch, the screen height is about the same as my old 17 inch square monitor (1280x1024 resolution) - but is much wider, takes a little getting used to if you're switching from a square aspect screen. I'll keep this but my next moinitor will probably be 1900x1200 rather than x1080, and at least 23 inch. Speakers are not very loud (without distortion), not really suitable for movies, ok for casual gaming and youtube videos - note that if you connect via HDMI you must ensure HDMI audio is selected in the menu (and select PC Audio if you connect via line-in cable from the pc line out) - I could make the audio work with just the hdmi cable, so I think people complaining that is doesn't work aren't choosing the right setting in the audio menu. (NB you must provide your own HDMI cable, it only comes with a cheap vga/d-sub cable)

Can adjust to point upwards but not downwards (or only a tiny bit downwards anyway)

At under £90 for the 21.5 inch model it's good value, but don't expect much more than a good basic monitor, windows 8 looks nice on it, but the default orange desktop will burn your eyes on this bright screen!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all round!!!, 12 July 2013
Before I write this review, let me tell you the solution to many people's problem when buying this product. Some people say that there is an error saying "Not connected". This is because you need to click the ENTER button on the right until the connection type corresponds with the one you are using i.e. HDMI, DVI-D.

Now for the review:

I would to start by saying that the product arrived extremely quickly (I used First Class Delivery). It took 36 hours from ordering for the item to arrive. So 5/5 for delivery.

Then the set up. This was extremely easy and the manual was useless since it uses basic common sense with to set up. It took me literally 1 minute. So another 5/5.

Also, the product looks great. Obviously it does not look like it was designed by Picasso but it is still fairly decent looking. 4/5 for appearance.

After, the build quality. The product feels half decent and doesn't look like it will break any time soon. So another 4/5.

Functionality is also important and it comes with a lot of it. There are 3 different types of ports: HDMI, VGA, DVI-D alongside being able to plug in headphones. In addition, there is in-built sound so you do not need speakers. 5/5 for functionality.

Finally we come to the price. This is probably the best bit. It is value for money and is the cheapest monitor of this size that money can buy and it's well worth it.

OVERALL I would give this product 100 out of 5. It is that good considering the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very bright, some reflected glare, shiny bezel., 1 May 2014
The 24 inch screen is large enough for this resolution of 1920x1080p. Any bigger screen and you would have to have a higher resolution or things would begin to look a little pixelated.

There's only one HDMI port. No audio cable or DVI-D cable was included in my parcel. There was a VGA cable.

Assembly was very easy.

The buttons on the side are sturdy enough but I find myself having to use them more than I would want to, perhaps because Windows 7 insists on using its own generic driver for this display, so there are *no* software options to adjust brightness, contrast etc with the click of a mouse.

It's a big screen so there's a little reflected glare from other light sources in the room if I sit 2-3ft away. Also, the bezel is shiny and reflective. The picture quality is good on 1080p streaming video, though not as good as on my three-year-old 37" Toshiba HDTV.

It is *very* bright. You have to turn the brightness and contrast way down (to about 50% and set the "Gamma" to maximum) if you're going to spend a lot of time reading text on this monitor. Very readable once properly adjusted though.

I'm happy enough with this monitor, but here's what I learned for the future:

2 HDMI ports would be better (I have a gaming PC and an Xbox. The PC, connected via DVI-D cable is a little choppy on graphics-intensive games while the Xbox, connected via HDMI, is perfect.

The shiny bezel I could live without. Matt would be preferable.

I'd prefare smart software for changing the monitor settings, rather than using the buttons on the side.
For the £113.00 I paid, this monitor is well worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars READ THIS IS YOU'RE USING HDMI CONNECTION, 8 Jan. 2015
TKD_Ally (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
I'm not going to say much about the monitor itself because there are plenty of other reviews here that go into lots of detail. I find it very bright so have had to reduce it to 75% brightness and it leans quite green in colour but my X-Rite ColorMunki Photo soon corrected that.

I am connecting to a Windows 7 laptop using HDMI. The computer recognised the monitor in the Device Manager and I updated the driver using the CD provided so it's now listed as BenQ rather than Generic PnP monitor. But I couldn't get the laptop to output to the monitor. I was using duplicate mode in the Display Settings but the 2nd monitor was not being detected even though Device Manager knew it was there. I decided to connect via VGA temporarily instead to see if it was HDMI cable or port that was at fault and suddenly the monitor had output from the laptop. I scrolled through the Menu on the monitor and under System you can select a different input. It comes shipped with D-Sub as the default input!!!! I changed the menu selection to HDMI, removed the VGA cable and now it is working as intended.

Luckily I was setting the monitor up for my old, clunky work laptop because my Ultrabook doesn't have a VGA connection. If you don't have a VGA connection on your computer you'll need to find one that does, temporarily connect the monitor and change the input mode accordingly.

Alas, nowhere in the BenQ documentation could I find where they tell you this. The monitor ships with D-Sub as the default input mode and you can't even access the monitor's menu until you use a VGA connection!

The VGA cable comes supplied and I'm using the Amazon Basics HDMI cable (which I've used with other brand monitors and never had a problem) - an HDMI cable isn't supplied with the monitor.

So to reiterate, if you intend to connect via HDMI you will first need to use the supplied VGA cable. Go into the monitor's menu, scroll to System and change the input mode to HDMI. You can then remove the VGA cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars For Movies/Internet This, but Iiyama E2473HS-GB1 (has 2 x HDMI Ports) or E2773HS-GB1 has better colour depth !!!, 16 Nov. 2014
I have spent painstaking hours bulldozing through various websites looking for the best 24 inch monitor for films/movies and general web surfing only. 'No gaming !!!!' Many reviewers are posting good and bad things against different makes and models solely based on gaming. Others purely for internet browsing or photo-editing/work based. Many websites try to flood your head with piles of good and bad monitors to 'completely confuse you' and you may make the wrong choice. It's these websites that try to sell you the bad stuff if it ain't selling. That's what they are paid to do!!! Reviewers point to a different make and model in a 2/3 star review, and when you look at it, other reviewers give 1, 2, 3, star faults with it. Don't go round in circles with all these salesman sites like I did. Unfortunately, a monitor is one of those items you can end up on a merry-go-round whilst online shopping.

Update: TFT Central may be the Professors of testing screens but does not entirely reflect on the customers views after time has passed over usage. This BenQ monitor is very good and is better than most 24 Inch Monitors but picture is grayish. The 24 Inch Iiyama E2473HS-GB1 TN monitor is even a lot better for movies and far better color depth. And... you get 'Two' HDMI ports with DVI and VGA. How many Monitors do you know of that has two HDMI ports? You can't fault the customer reviews on this monitor on multiple sites and have already sold out for Christmas 2014. The power wattage is far less than others out there keeping your electric bills low. I saw one double my old Samsung TN 19 Inch lol...!!!! Some sites don't advertise the power consumption. Go to Iiyama's web site for full specs. The 27 Inch E2773HS-GB1 Iiyama has far better color depth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic image quality., 20 Oct. 2014
Reviews elsewhere on-line suggest that graphic designers would be the only users put off by this monitor's performance, but unless you're expecting the sort of performance normally delivered by units costing three and four times as much this is a fantastic display. The on-screen menus are clear and easy to use; it doesn't suffer from that problem many budget displays seem to exhibit, of having unfathomable buttons and intrusive on-screen text — indeed this doesn't feel like a budget display at all.

As of writing this review I haven't tried out the HDMI or DVI inputs, but if the crispness of the image using only VGA is anything to go by it's extremely impressive.

If I had to be picky the supplied stand is cheap plastic and a bit wobbly, but VESA stands are very cost effective these days and it's definitely worth investing in one if you want to move the screen around and adjust the viewing angle, especially given that the supplied stand feels as if it's about to snap when you nod the screen forwards or tilt it backwards. Also, around the back the input sockets suffer from that same issue which is so frustrating on many other displays, where you have to reach underneath to attach the cables and slot them into a tiny gap under the back plate, which makes tightening the retaining screws very fiddly. Higher priced units have these connections at the side where they're easier to reach and easier to hide once attached.

All in all if you're expecting an Apple Cinema Display you're going to be gutted. If on the other hand you appreciate how much incredibly complicated engineering has gone into making these displays as sharp and as consistent as they are at any price, let alone under £200, you can't go wrong.