4.0 out of 5 stars Pure One Classic DAB
The Pure One Classic DAB is robust and stylish with the facility to pause and record radio content a worthwhile addition to the Pure range of features.
The rubber/plastic casing is classy (excuse the pun!) and has a nice, smooth (pun intended!) feel.
Published on 22 Dec. 2011 by TC

3.0 out of 5 stars A good little Radio.
Published on 29 April 2013 by myketyke

3.0 out of 5 stars A good little Radio., 29 April 2013
This review is from: Pure ONE Classic Series II Portable DAB/FM Radio - Black (Electronics)
I have had this radio for some years now thinking that eventually we will receive a decent DAB SIGNAL in my part of east anglia how wrong i was!(it struggles to pick up a signal) but its fine on FM, i have it in use on a daily basis and cannot fault it.The only down side for me is the material that encloses the case a kind of black synthetic rubber?it certainly shows finger/handling stains which cannot be removed and at times feels a little sticky if in a warm room...(not in direct sunlight)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pure One Classic DAB, 22 Dec. 2011
TC (Inverclyde) - See all my reviews
Pre - sets are terrific and the sound quality is excellent. Indeed, the various chrome button controls are appealing, effective and very easy to operate. All round a great piece of equipment.
One reservation has to be the cost. With a further, relatively hefty, amount required to purchase a battery pack, the total cost of this radio is not insignificant. The unwary might buy before realising that the battery pack is an 'almost essential' extra (in my opinion) and, with that in mind, an additional - but necessary - expense. Other than this qualification, the Pure Classic One Dab is a fine piece of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wee radio, 31 Jan. 2012
My Mum got one of these for her Birthday last year and raved on about it so I found myself getting one for my flat too. The radio took 2s to set up, where I live has a shocking analogue signal but the radio picks up digital no problem (I haven't tried FM). The listen later function is useful - I listen to the Archers but I'm rarely in the right place at 7pm to catch it, and the listen later function is quicker than getting the podcast. The auxilary line in is easy to use with an mp3 player if you want and the alarm option is great. Appearance-wise it looks very classy, I wasn't sure about white (but it was £5 cheaper than black) however it looks good. The display is clear and menus easy to navigate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for speech radio, 9 Mar. 2012
Did loads of research plus spent ages in a Comet (shhh!) traipsing backwards and forwards plugging in various radios (incl. the more expensive Pure ones) and this was by far the best option for me - I listen to Five Live all day while I work, and have an acute 'musical' (picky!) ear, so speech clarity/pleasant sound is very important to me. The aforementioned more expensive radios were too bassy for speech (and, annoyingly, nearly all have no treble/bass controls), some were too tinny, whereas this one is perfect - had it a couple of months, and I might be sad but it gives me pleasure every time I switch it on! The features are good, I use it plugged in to the wall in my studio, so no battery is not an issue for me....and, as the other reviews say, it FEELS lovely! Enjoy...

5.0 out of 5 stars THE PERFECT PORTABLE, 16 Nov. 2011
I bought this radio after reading that it came FIRST in the Sunday Mail review of portable DAB radios.
I have been a radio ham for over 50 years and I am still over-awed by the technology in this radio.
I read that it is BRITISH design made in China.
To see the details of my music on Classic FM flashing across the screen is awesome and impressive.
I have now ordered the battery pack which I think is essential to really get the full benefit from this set.
Well done Pure !

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Jan. 2012
Miss M. L. Berry (Halifax, W Yorks United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
N.B. this is the Series 2. some places are still selling the Series 1 and features are different enough to recommend getting the S2.

This is a really nice piece of kit. I bought this for my wife with the extra battery pack so she can wander the house.

The sound quality is excellent considering its single speaker, volume is not massive but more than adequate.

I really like the slightly soft matt black coating its a lovely feel and also makes it feel secure when carrying it around. Although the radio is slightly indented at the rear to give a sense of grip I would have prefered something a little more 'grippier'. Thats not to say I think you will drop it its just a personal preference.

The controls are pretty easy to use but i'm not a huge fan of tiny buttons, but the placement of the important ones, tune volume make most operations fuss free.

I like the idea of the pause and play and record feature, shame its not backed up with SD card for more memory. However I've not used it yet other than to have a play so maybe it would be a feature too far for people who are fully au fait with Iplayer et al.

The addition of a alarm feature was one of the things that really swung the purchase. Its easy to use, intelligent, offering a number of times, and mon-fri feature meaning you don't have to remember to turn it on and off.

The rechargeable battery pack also swung it. An expensive option, but running DAB Radios on batteries is an expensive hobby as well. It would have been better had the machine been able to charge standard NiMh D cell batteries, which would have been roughly half the cost of the pack.

But add a separate charger into the mix and there is not much saving to be had going DIY rechargable.

Overall a great package

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement for my Pure One, 27 May 2014
Sophy's Mum (Buckinghamshire UK) - See all my reviews
I got this to replace my old Pure One radio, which finally gave up the ghost. The sound quality is good, but I am not a Hi-Fi buff, as I tend to listen to Radio 4 xtra. This newer model now features a sleep timer, very useful as I use the radio to drift off at night. My radio arrived less than 24 hours after ordering, so well done Amazon. However, you'll see it shows 3 year warranty (gold seal), but when I looked in the box my manual showed only 2 years, only valid in Australia! (I am in UK). I did email Amazon, but they told me it is not their guarantee - although they use it to sell the radio on their website (?) However, when I registered the radio with Pure, their website clearly shows a 3 year warranty for this model, so I guess there isn't a problem if I provide a copy of Amazon's invoice email - there wasn't one in the Amazon box, as they normally put one in. The menu system is pretty intuitive for anyone who uses any modern electronic gizmos, and the pre-sets are adequate for me. Casing is now matt finish rather than gloss. You can rewind digital stations and listen again - very useful if you miss what someone has said due to a phone call etc. I still had my chargepak from previous radio, but this can set you back a bit if you need it to be portable. Which? recommend Pure and Roberts radios as the most reliable brands, but my old one lasted 9 years, which is par for the course for DAB radios.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant radio - shame about the charger, 27 Dec. 2011
C. Clarke - See all my reviews
This radio is brilliant. Takes longer to start up than original model but the sound quality is supreme. For the size it has a lovely base and depth of sound. The listen later only records 40 minutes but is useful if you need to pop out.

Only down side is that radio was not supplied with charger. Not sure if this is because of the price but I'm just using standard batteries. I'm going to try and pick up a charger elsewhere as seller has been extremely unhelpful regarding the issue and it is just not worth the fuss of sending it back.

5.0 out of 5 stars DAB radio, 3 Sept. 2013
Keith Maughan "22westwood" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This DAB radio is superb. The radio stations you are able to get are incredible.Wish i had bought one years ago.Anyone who likes & enjoys good quality radio should splash out & buy one .

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad Sound, 4 Mar. 2013
Very disappointed with this radio and had to return it. The sound was muffled and not clear enough. A bad buy.