5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value
Brilliant keyboard, lovely to use and such excellent quality for the price! Arrived two days earlier than scheduled too - don't waste money on apple keyboard. Tip...the £ sign is shift 3 (#)!
Published 20 months ago by J A Lovelock

3.0 out of 5 stars Function keys do not work with Samsung tablet
The keyboard is very nice and probably perfect if you have an iPad, however I have a Samsung tablet and found that very few of the function keys worked with my device. I have returned it and purchased an almost identical product but which has been specifically configured for Android devices.
Published 19 months ago by Helen

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 4 Mar 2013
This review is from: Anker® Ultra Slim Mini Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard for iPad Air / iPad mini 2 / New iPad mini / Galaxy Tab / Galaxy Note / Nexus - White (Personal Computers)

3.0 out of 5 stars Function keys do not work with Samsung tablet, 25 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality keyboard - Highly recommended, 23 Jan 2013
Having looked around for a Bluetooth keyboard to accompany my new iPad Mini for quite a few weeks I'm really glad I purchased the Anker Ultra Slim Bluetooth Keyboard - it is a wonderful, high quality solution.

It has high quality keys with excellent feedback and a row of tablet-specific keys on the top row that control functions such as the HOME button, BRIGHTNESS, SEARCH, PHOTO SLIDESHOW, ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD, MUSIC CONTROLS, SOUND and SCREEN LOCK.

It uses a couple of AAA batteries (not supplied) and connects to the Bluetooth service on the iPad within seconds.

I can't recommend this product highly enough, a brilliant product at an excellent price.

4.0 out of 5 stars 'U' key not working, 6 Jun 2014
yo may notice certain typos in this review. This is becase a letter on my keyboard is not working. I woldnt mind if it was a key sch as ] or one of the fnction keys i may not press, bt there are a lot of words in the english langage that contain this letter!

UPDATE: Excellent customer service from manufacturer, replacement keyboard sent out he same week. Impressed!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Like The Real Thing, 30 April 2014
I bought this keyboard because I was looking for a wireless option for my office setup. Currently I'm using the full size Apple keyboard, which I love, but it's got this cord draped all around my desk, which I hate. I'm on a mission to hide all cables or replace them with wireless. I've used Anker products in the past and got great results, so I figured I'd take the plunge.

PROS:
Let's not beat around the bush here, this is a knock off of the Apple bluetooth keyboard, and in that sense it's a pretty good replica. The size is slightly smaller but not noticeable. Also they got they key layout right, from more than 3 feet away the average passer by wouldn't be able to tell the difference. They keys are all in the same place and to type on, it's really not that bad. However this is where benefits end.

CONS:
It feels cheap. It's hard to describe but we all know it when we're holding something. It's light and plasticy, the keys rattle a little when you handle it. You get some of that rattle when you type, not too terrible but it is noticeable. The deal breaker for me was connection issues. From what I read it's a fairly common issue when using it with a MacBook Pro. I don't know if it's a battery saving option or a glitch, but after a few minutes of not being used it disconnects. As soon as you start typing it reconnects fairly quickly, but I type a lot, I'm actually an IT professional, and nothing is more frustrating then making a write up or trying to troubleshoot an issue when you have to "tap tap tap" on the keys each time to wake it up.

SUMMARY:
I bought this on the strength of it's good reviews so there are obviously success stories out there. However I can tell you if you're buying this for a MacBook Pro, you will be disappointed. Also I felt cramped on the smaller keyboard. I think even with an official Apple keyboard I would miss the functionality you give up by going to a compact keyboard. I've used the Apple bluetooth model and it felt solid, the keys were tight, and there were no connection issues. My final advice would be, if you're buying this keyboard to work on more than a few hours a day buy the official Apple keyboard. Now if you just need this to travel with or light word processing it's a great value instead of spending four times as much on the official version.

If you found this review helpful please please click the "Yes" button below.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it!, 4 Sep 2013
Trying out my new Anker K1280C Bluetooth keyboard.
Connection easy, follow simple instructions.
Enter/Return key is a bit small - looks like all the other keys.
Can control brightness, volume and music track play/pause, next/previous as well.
Best of all, the four arrow keys allow you to navigate through text as you never can with the iPad virtual keyboard - HEAVEN!! Use left/right+Alt to move one word at a time.
Arrow key+Shift selects text, left/right one letter at a time, up/down one line at a time. Left/right key+Shift+Alt selects one word at a time.
The following symbols are available using the Alt key, starting at Q. The 2nd row is Shift+Alt (or Caps Lock+Alt):
œ ∑ ' ® † ¥ ¨ ^ ø π “ ‘ « å ß ∂ ƒ © ˙ ∆ ˚ ¬ … æ Ω ≈ ç √ ∫ ~ µ ≤ ≥ ÷
Œ „ ‰ Â Ê Á Ë È Ø ∏ “ ‘ « Å Í Î Ï Ì Ó Ô  Ò … Æ Û Ù Ç ◊ ı ˆ ˜ ≤ ≥ ÷
And using the number keys with Alt, then Shift+Alt:
` ¡ € # ¢ ∞ § ¶ • ª º – ≠
Ÿ ⁄ ™ ‹ › fi fl ‡ ° · ‚ — ±
£ is Shift+3, as on a proper UK keyboard. The 3 key is labelled with a #, but the driver is obviously for the UK, and # is produced using Alt+3. So the 3 key should really show a £ sign instead of a #, but for £17.99 I suppose they can't make custom keys for every country!
Incidentally, € is Alt+2.
Proper degrees symbol (23ºC) is Alt-0 (that's zero). Brilliant.
Tab works forwards only - no Shift-Tab option, but Delete steps back through tabs, deleting as it goes.
Accented letters: ç is Alt+C, and é is Alt+E then E alone, (ü same method). Grave accent à, è, ò, ù, is Alt+` (key to left of 1) then letter alone.
Just buy it. Great size, build and appearance, pretty good touch, many useful features, and CHEAP! Also good support from maker.
Apple could learn from this - their magnifying glass editor on the iPad is pathetically slow and awkward to use, and very limited. Just a sad gimmick.

5.0 out of 5 stars A little Cofused..., 5 Feb 2013
O.k so im new to mac and bought a mac mini. i bought this keyboard as apples 57 odd pound one is a little expensive (albeit very sexy). its great as it looks works and i assume feels like the official keyboard. i do however have 1 minor issue.
I brought this from the UK site and noticed whilst giving it a little spin on pages, there is no british pound sign, just $. this is not a massive issue as i am sure you could insert one from the symbols selection but its a little bit of a pain to do it that way.
secondly, i have just noticed it says it is not compatible with the mac mini on its description ..... well either somethings going to go wrong with my keyboard or iv got a one off as it seems to be working perfectly fine (at the moment) on mine.

so over all its a good keyboard and since its bluetooth i can connect it to any other devices where i may need a keyboard.

EDIT: i found the POUND SIGN!!
whilst holding the shift key and tapping 3 button, i wanted the hash tag(#) it came up with this...£££££££££££££ :)
to get # you have to hold the alt/option key and 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for non-latin characters as well (æ,ø,å,ö, ä, etc), 27 Dec 2012
For the price, this seems a rather good keyboard. I've not put it to daily use yet, but testing it out it seems to work fine.

A few questions that I was wondering about before buying and now have answers to:

1) It does have a standard American/British (I suppose) keyboard layout, but the keys will respond to whichever language you have set your Ipad to. Thus I had no problems with typing non-latin characters such as Æ,Ø,Å,Ö and Ä - the keyboard will simply behave like a standard keyboard in whatever language you choose. This does require you to know the layout of your chosen keyboard by heart, but since I bought it because I was frustrated with not being able to touchtype on the Ipad, that is hardly a problem for me. There are a few ideosyncracies; for example, I have yet to discover '@' - but I think that is due to the original Apple mapping of the keys in the Danish layout. (And it's not that much of a problem, since you can always make the screen keyboard appear on the ipad , if you need any odd character that you've forgotten the placing of).

2) Some people complain about the Apple original keyboard that it has a tendency to turn itself on, when carried around in a bag. I doubt that this one would do it; the on/off switch is rather tight, and could not be turned on accidentally.

3) I needed a sleeve for the keyboard, but found it hard to know if any of the sleeves on offer would actually fit this keyboard (since they all claim to fit the Apple original keyboards). I ordered the "Adore June Keeb sleeve" and it fits tightly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality keyboard - using with Nexus 10, 22 Feb 2013
I am writing the review of the keyboard using the keyboard.

Packaging: The keyboard came in a slim cardboard box which was in turn inside the generic Amazon packaging. Inisde the product box was the keyboard, an invitation to review the product and a brief setup guide/manual.

Setup: The setup was easy. I put two AAA batteries into the back of the device (batteries not included), and flicked the switch to "on". I then turned on bluetooth on my Nexus 10. I had a list of devices then appear - the keyboard came up as a sequence of numbers and letters, with a little keyboard icon next to it. I tapped that and then was asked to type in a code on the keyboard. From then on the keyboard was paired - I've turned both devices off, turned bluetooth off, and gone out of range and it still remembers the device.

Typing experience: As with any new keyboard it takes a little while to get used to typing on it. I find the key spacing is fine, although I sometimes don't press the keys hard enough, but that could just be me. The labels on my keyboard are kind of Mac/iOS orientated with "command" being present. Some of the function keys work (notably the media ones), and others do not. Which do and which don't may vary on the tablet that the keyboard is connected to - I am not sure. The layout is also American - meaning no pound sign, and a few of the symbols are in different places. I have yet to rectify this, although a previous reviewer has said there is an app that can sort it out.

Battery life: Well I've been using it for a few days (since Tuesday and it's Friday), I've typed a fair amount - normal web browsing, chat, and essay writing. The battery is still holding up.

So why only four stars?
- Lack of battery indicator. Although the battery life is holding up, I have no way of knowing how long they have left.
- US layout is a little annoying (for me)
- Typing experience could be better - pressing the keys.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy bluetooth keyboard - that fell to pieces - But was replaced!, 3 May 2013
Good little bluetooth keyboard. Bought to to use with the iPad. Cheapish copy of an Apple one (plastic, not aluminium) but works very well and slips into my bag with the iPad. Almost no weight.

EDIT> Within a couple of months (not excessive use) the keys started falling off. Should have guessed, really. You get what you pay for. Unless it's for *occasional* use, I would avoid.

SECOND EDIT> The company customer help desk could not have been more helpful. They picked up on my negative feedback, contacted me independently, issued a replacement keyboard and checked (twice) that it had arrived (it did) and was working (it does). I am grateful to them - let's see if this one lasts a bit longer. (I have upgraded from 2 to 4 stars)