on 19 December 2011
Cost me £27 on Amazon so when you read this make your own mind up if that is good or bad value depending on what the price is at the time you buy. Wasn't sure if the item would fit my model of the 13 inch MacBook Unibody, but it did fit a treat and made my mac look very smart. All the cut outs in the right places for peripheral devices etc and loved the little legs on the bottom of the cover to lift the mc up to stop over heating and making it easier on the typing... All in all very satisfied.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 8 January 2016
A couple of months ago, I started to produce 4K videos on my YouTube channel. My Macbook Pro 13" 2013 wasn't up to the task, so I had to buy a brand new Macbook Pro 15.4" 2015. It worked like a charm.

I was totally satisfied with the mCover hard case (transparent) which had barely aged in the last 2 years. I still did some research on Amazon, only to stick with mCover once again. This time around, I decided to buy the red version. I have to admit that I was a little bit concerned that the red colour would look a bit pink or orange: I'm delighted to confirm that it's a glorious red which looks really good.

Other than that, the case is fairly easy to install, it fits the Macbook Pro perfectly and it's as well-made as ever with the foldable feet and the numerous open slots on the bottom to facilitate heat dissipation which is even more important with this machine than the Macbook Pro 13".

I confirm that unlike some of my fellow Amazon reviewers, I didn't have any problem with fingerprints. Not sure if the red version helps.

I bought the mCover hard case for £13.99: what more could you ask for at that price? This is a superb buy.

TIPS
1. when installing the top part of the case, start by securing the top of the screen with the two 'dents' close to the center (as showed on my photos), then the top corners, then the dents on the side...
2. you might not be able to close your Macbook Pro properly if you are using a 3D USB flash drive like the Stormtrooper USB key on my picture

PS: the squirrel protecting the Apple logo is the hysterical 'Scrat' character from Ice Age. My wife bought this sticker on eBay for my birthday. :-D

-I hope you will find my review helpful-
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 7 January 2014
Definitely recommend this case, if like me you have just purchased a 15inch retina then obviously we have spent a lot on the laptop so keeping it looking fresh is very important, at least for me anyway.
Looked around for a few sleeves and cases etc, however was put off with cases due to my previous laptop (13inch macbook pro) case which was poor non branded case and really was bad, this however looks and feels awesome and trust me clear is the way to go, as its bare noticeable many people have been surprised when they found out i actually have a case on which is a big plus point for me.

Yes its expensive but 100% worth it. Mine so far has been on for 2 weeks and no signs of wear and tear atm.

Just a bit on the side, due to the many vents on the bottom piece little dust particles or hair can go inside it, but again might be subjective and obviously can be cleaned with little effort.
on 24 April 2014
Like many others I'm sure, I want to protect my new MacBook Air from scratches, without spoiling the aesthetics. Chose this case because it is clear and had decent reviews. Obviously, nothing of this kind is going to protect the MacBook from being dropped from a height, but in day-to-day use it's almost guaranteed to prolong the longevity and good looks of your new computer. I'm giving this five stars, but would give 4 ½ if I could, because there weren't any fitting instructions. I had to look up a YouTube video to check that I was fitting the top component for the lid correctly. There are a couple of tiny, subtle arrows on the lid component on it but it is not clear which way they go- Now I know that they point to the part of the lid that you lift to open the Macbook. Fitting just requires a bit of patience and close inspection, should take no more than 2 to 3 minutes. If you want something that is going to add practically no weight or bulk but gives scratch and probably decent impact protection then I recommend it highly.
on 11 August 2013
I don't usually leave reviews however I just felt that I should warn people that though this case looks great and has protected half my laptop it has scratched the entire edge of my machine. I bought the case at the same time as my Mac, however after having both a few months I noticed a small scratch on the edge. After further inspection I realised that there were in fact about twenty plus scratches and little nicks. So rather than protecting my Mac, it has cosmetically damaged it. What makes matters worse was that I was advised towards this product by an apple employee as a cheaper alternative.

The case's colour is great, as is the top piece. However the base has left it damaged and now I have to have a case to hide all the marks caused by the product. Therefore I have been left both disappointed and saddened as my new Mac is now severely scratched. I will certainly not be buying any more mCover products.
on 17 August 2014
Like others, I love this case. I'd previously had a coloured case and I'd forgotten just how beautiful a Mac actually is. The form of the case is great; it has a very slim profile, that doesn't add any significant weight but adds the reassurance that it's protected. You'll honestly forget that it's even there.
on 30 July 2013
This is nice and sturdy, clips easily into place, protects all corners while retaning access to all ports, is almost invisible, I thoroughly recommend it.
on 1 September 2012
I recently bought my first macbook pro (June 2012 model) and after forking out all that money, I wanted to make sure it got no scratches! I searched across Amazon and found out that the iPearl cases seemed to be highly rated by users in the US so I decided to trust the reviews on Amazon.com and buy the purple mCover on Amazon.co.uk even though there weren't many reviews on the UK site. All I can say is that I am so happy I did!! Shipping was incredibly fast and the product was perfectly packaged. It also came with instructions on how to put the cover on and take it back off again.

The cover itself is exactly the same color as the photos. The light of the apple logo shines through beautifully! I have taken my cover off twice now to have a look and so far I am happy to say there is not a single scratch or mark! The bottom does trap a little dust, so it is worthwhile taking the cover off every so often to clean it - however the dust hasn't caused any scratches or damage. The little legs on the bottom are also a bonus, they are great for keeping the macbook cool, though if you don't like them you can just keep them tucked in.

I tend to break things quite easily, however so far, I am happy to report that this cover is quite sturdy. I have had it about a month now and it still looks brand new. Also, the cover does not restrict the macbook in the slightest - all ports are 100% accessible and as the cover comes in two seperate pieces, the lid of the macbook is still able to open fully.

So far, I have nothing bad to say about this cover, however I will be sure to drop back and repost if that changes.

Definitely money well spent!!
on 21 February 2015
I dropped my Macbook Pro in a hotel room and damaged the Retina LCD panel - that was an easy DIY repair, but cost me £350 for the replacement LCD assembly. This time, I'm taking no chances - hard shell case all the way. It does make the Macbook look _slightly_ thicker, but it's a small price to pay for a decent level of scratch/dent protection. I went for the clear coloured shell, because it leaves the Macbook looking as normal as possible - I barely notice the case is there.

The top and bottom halves of the case are beautifully precision moulded, so they clip onto the Macbook very neatly and securely. My only complaint is that you can't close the lid of the computer when an HDMI cable is plugged in - it fouls the hard shell.

One reviewer complained that the bottom shell of the case is full of hundreds of ventilation holes. This is a GOOD thing - my Macbook can get quite warm when rendering video, and that CPU is right in the centre of the computer, just a few millimetres behind that aluminium bottom cover. Increasing airflow to the Macbook can only be a good thing.
review image
on 3 February 2012
This product is exactly what we expected and is used constantly at Uni. The colour is exactly the same as on display and it was very easy to put on. I bought this for my daughter as she got a nasty scratch on her Mac's skin, made from it's plug, when travelling back from Uni, so we wished we had bought this earlier to protect it.
(The Mac was inside a propylene laptop cover but this didn't protect it from the scratching)