on 13 April 2013
One or two reviews on here seem to be fairly downbeat. I just received and fitted this - it fits very easily without appearing to risk any scratches on the aluminium unibody or lid. There are 6 small plastic clips that hook that base peice onto the bottom - two at each side at the front sides and two hidden underneath the hinge. They are very unobtrusive. Similarly, the peice that covers the lid has six clips two on each side and two at the front edge. They hold the cover very firmly, no give and the fit is perfect. It does make a tiny 'squeak' when you open the lid, but does not appear to catch or flex when opening/closing so i think it is a function of how closely it fits to the hinge. Altogether excellent product and i am now happy to pick up my new Macbook and put it in drawers without worrying about damage. The extending feet seem quite sturdy too.
on 7 February 2012
Best thing I have brought the case for the lap top if I was to give the point for the case I give 8 out of 10
on 25 November 2013
I needed something to protect my very expensive mac, this does exactly that and at a great price. It fits perfectly in fact it's hard to tell that there is a cover fitted. For an added bonus, retractable legs tilt the pc ideally for use.
on 14 August 2014
This is a pretty good protector. The underneath portion was easy to fit, but the cover that goes over the back of the screen was much trickier. It wasn't obvious which way up it should go (and if that even makes a difference), and the fit was so tight I did wonder whether the little moulded grips that affix it to the edges of the screen would damage the fit and finish of the laptop itself.

Once fixed, I found that the bottom right edge portion didn't affix as firmly as every other area, so there is a slight bit of flex, and I mean `slight', its really not that noticeable.

Would I trust it to protect the exterior of this laptop? Yes, definitely. Its adds about an extra 1.5mm width around the computer, but otherwise the average person glancing wouldn't know its there (I bought the clear version).

The fold-out feet on the underside are very good, but they don't feel like the most solid things in the world. A slight bit too much weight and they may well snap, and the feet, perhaps oddly, was one of the reasons I bought this case compared to the cheaper options available.

Apart from the fold out feet it also has rubber feet, and I think these are excellent for absorbing bumps and knocks as a laptop is lifted or accidentally dropped onto a table.

If it saves your computer from one nasty bump or dent, then this case has done its job and is easily worth the money.

To compare, I own an old Apple Powerbook from 2003. It has an aluminium finish all over, much like the modern Macbook Air and Pro, and over the years it has picked up a lot of scratches and scuffs, with one edge even being rubbed shiny. With this iPearl case, I plan to keep this particular Macbook in showroom condition for as long as possible.

To that end I will use this iPearl case in conjunction with a firm sponge padded outer case (Croc Super Chocolate 13.3" sleeve protector) to protect against heavy bumps and knocks when out on the road. That case will attach around the laptop using elastic straps over the edges of the laptop.

That may sound like overkill to some, but for me, this is one hell of an expensive machine, and £28 (for the two) of laptop protection is more than worth it.

[Update] I ordered the clear version, and little gaps between the edges of the computer and the case itself are going to be dust magnets. I can already see it occurring on mine, and that's barely a week after fitting it! Hardly a problem, but in terms of aesthetics its certainly going to look uglier over time, requiring removal and cleaning.
on 17 December 2013
I read lots of reviews before buying a protective case that I thought deserved to house my new MBP Retina.

Was a little sceptical when I first opened the box - just couldn't see that it would look right when attached.

I was very wrong - its a brilliant fit and looks really good - assuming you even notice it.

My teenage son was staring at me typing away one evening and asked what support I was using to tilt up my MBP, whilst he looked under and around it - so I told him it was the feet built into the new case. (Well built flip out feet that tilt MBP to just the right angle).

He hadn't noticed the case attached - which says it all really.

Clearly won'y give the same sort of shock protection as a padded case or rubberised cover - but I use a padded messenger bag for carrying to and from places of use and when I get the MBP out - I don't want to be wrestling with another padded case or hide the beauty of the MBP behind a coloured rubber sleeve.

This case allows full and unhindered use of MBP without hiding it's beauty and will also fully protect against scratches and minor bumps. Spot on product.
on 17 December 2014
I ordered the clear cover because I didn't want a cover that would be noticed and this one makes the job very well done. Actually my girlfriend didn't notice the cover on my mac and now she wants one as well =).
I received the cover before the actual time. Fantastic.

Super easy to attach to your mac and doesn't mess with the looks of your gorgeous mac book pro retina =).(you can only see the cover in the edges of the mac)

Thank you very much for the quality product and for the super fast delivery.
review image review image review image
on 6 September 2012
This is the second such cover I have purchased, the first being about four years ago and it is still going strong and protecting my first MacBook. I bought it for protection when flying, but it has been kept on permanently. I would recommend these to everyone with MacBooks.
on 11 September 2012
My Mac Book is the correct model number for this case but it is slightly deformed and just does not fit correctly - base just falls off as won't lock over body.

Not well made - would not recommend.

Returned item and now looking for another case.
on 3 May 2012
Looking to protect my new macbook I purchased this protective cover, and it seems to do the job ok so far. It fixes on easily clipping into place, one cover for the top and one cover for the bottom. Taking it off is a bit trickier and requires a little force. The plastic is also very sturdy.
I'd say that the bottom cover fits well, however when I open the laptop from it being closed there is a small grinding noise (I presume from the screen it is brushing the bottom case somewhere).
The top part I can't say I'm as pleased with, while the design allows secure fit, it does not look like a perfect fit and the cover pulls away slightly when I open the laptop from a closed position. This is due to the clip on features being at the sides and not at the top and bottom, so it's not a close fit.
In terms of aesthetics it's nice to look at and a great colour but I dislike that the apple is blurry due to the not so perfect fit of the top cover. However, I do not doubt that it will do it's job. Overall I like it, but I feel that the poor fit lets it down, hence I have removed one star.
on 3 May 2013
Clicked on fine and does its job :). No longer have to worry about scratching my mac on the outside (hopefully). It is light weight and sturdy. The botton piece has lots of small holes presumably to allow air to the mac so it doesn't overheat, which is always good. I can barely tell I have the case on, I don't imagine others would either unless they came really close and took a good look :).

It has legs like a keyboard that allows you to tilt the laptop, I am not sure how long they will last because I move my mac around a lot, but I imagine if you mostly keep your laptop on your desk they will be sturdy enough to last a while.

No idea how easy it is to get off as I have no tried and don't plan too.

When you put it on, the easy way to tell which way the top piece clicks on is to look at the tiny writing at the bottom and make sure it isn't upside down ^^.