on 3 September 2012
What a brilliant bit of kit. My existing hard drive was starting to have problems and needed replacing fast. The price of SSD drives is falling and I thought it was time I took the plunge. The difference in speed of loading windows and all programs is amazing . The Norton Ghost was easy to install and use and I was swopped over to the new drive in a couple of hours- most of that time was generating the recovery disc. There were a few tiny glitches with Windows 7 .However, one word of caution - the Samsung magician software that comes with the disc includes an option to optimise the operating system (W7), which I did. Then I found that the windows search facility to find a file didn't work, and I had to restart the indexing service.

A couple of weeks after fitting the SSD, Windows threw a few wobblies and I loaded the back up data-using the recovery disc and all is now well. Samsung recommend a full Windows reinstall, but that wipes everything- which I wanted to avoid. My PC's Windows experience index has gone from 5.9 to 6.8 just by installing this SSD.
on 11 November 2012
Very impressed
To set it up plug first it into your PC and enable it in "manage drives"

Then its enabled and your PC will find it if you want it as a OS/boot drive, otherwise it won't find it and you'll be scratching your head.

Once you've got it up and running, this drive is fast, I'll never go back to an old mechanical drive again now.
If you buy one now the firmware will be up to date as the 830 series is well established, so there is no need to update it.
This drive is a really good buy, especially as the new 840 series is out now and well overpriced, but not actually a lot quicker than This 830 is.
So go for an 830.

Make sure you run the wizard software that comes with it as it is designed to optimise the drive, you do NOT defragment these drives in windows.

This drive really is fast, silent, uses virtually no power and is easy to set up.

It's also so thin and small you wonder how so much amazing technology and hard drive space can be squeezed in, but is is !

Treat yourself while 830 series is still available, you will not regret it.