Format: Kindle EditionChange

on 21 September 2011
Dark Wear by Tabitca Cope

For those of us who waited impatiently for this the second book in the series, it was worth the relatively short wait!

I so enjoyed catching up with the "gang again." It's a lovely feeling when they are all familiar to you, and you are eager to find out what has happened and what is about to happen (well it's a book so there has to be something about to happen!)

The story is a good one, and it builds slowly and firmly towards an explosive ending. You will not be disappointed, between witches, the Fifth Reich, Big Animals and even bigger "creatures." I was frightened, I laughed out loud and I did have a wee cry during this book. I do not hesitate to recommend it, there is something in it for everyone. A Darned good Yarn!
on 10 October 2011
I raced through the first book in this series and then waited impatiently for Dark Wear to appear. It was another delightful read. Nice to meet familiar and well-liked characters and I enjoyed the setting in Durham, a city I don't know at all. The action is fast and furious and the characterisation excellent with the reader getting to learn more about 'the gang'. A real page turner and I couldn't help but shed a tear at one point. Roll on Book 3.
on 28 July 2013
This book had me hooked from the very beginning and I largely read it in two sittings, including one rather late night!

I loved catching up with the characters from the previous book and seeing them develop further. As ever, the twists and turns made for a riveting read and, in my opinion, this book is even better than the previous instalment of the trilogy, Dark Ness.
I am highly anticipating the final book...
on 8 October 2011
Another meeting with Laura & co from the first book, only this time in Durham.
This second book had it all, suspense, humour, sadness including the dark moments.
It was well written and very descriptive, the characters are so down to earth that you feel they could actually exist in real life.
Rarely do i give a book 5 stars but i found i enjoyed this one even more than the first.
on 8 November 2011
I found the entire tale to be riveting, from start to end. The author provides enough detail of each character so well that you feel that you know them, and yet it never bogs down the flow of the story. She did have me in tears at the demise of some central characters though ... which she handled so gently as well. A fine tale for a dark and dreary week-end.
on 25 July 2012
Dark Wear is a fantastic read, could barely but it down from start to finish. Another great book from a brilliant author. The Dark Trilogy is a wonderful series of books and I cannot wait to read the final part.
on 9 February 2012
This book was just as enchanting as the 1st. The action has moved to Durham this time and Laura gets together with all the old gang. It was like revisiting old friends ,really looking forward to the next one