5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
As per previous reviews on the other 2 in the series absolutely a hoot and the concept really allows for imaginations to run riot. Made me laugh out loud in public on a par with Tom Sharpe. Do not be put off by it appearing to be written for the young market I am 70 and loved it.
Published 12 months ago by keith

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok
Quite a good read although really aimed at a younger audience, which wasn't really made clear in the write up
Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Saucerers and Gondoliers (Ant and Cleo Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous, 4 April 2013
An enjoyable novella thingy, long story (oh whatever you call such things). The literature equivalent of a double-espresso.

Not as perfect as little-star etc, which I would also recommend, so I must reserve the extra star, but a lovely way to cheer up a few hours, if yonly fyor the atryocious Ryussian yaccents, and Truman D. Slughound is genius.

I've bought the rest, and you should too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unlikely Adventure, 23 Mar 2013
A fantastic read, as mad as it is intelligent this book gripped me from page one and I couldn't put it down until the end. I am now reading the second in the series and can't believe that we're not watching this on TV yet. TV producers please take note - a little gem!

5.0 out of 5 stars Time warp, 28 Feb 2013
Excellent storyline and dramatic features. Pity about that sudden and abrupt ending. Could have been more explanatory, so as to give an ending to the novel

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read, 10 Dec 2012
Russell A. Sayle "yogibear" (Margate, Kent , UK) - See all my reviews
I read this in one sitting, the story flowed nicely and was a nice use of a spare afternoon. I dropped a star because it was written for the kids/YA market but some of the references were a bit too esoteric for that audience. I was Ant n` Cleo`s age when the banananana splits were broadcast. But i loved the story and have just bought the first sequel "Sister ships and Alastair". I got the the first book for free and think it would be well worthwhile for you to get it while you can. You wont be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Unusual but enjoyable!, 8 Dec 2012
This book was an unusual, amusing and entertaining read, which I would willingly read again! I look forward to more by this author!

2.0 out of 5 stars Just about OK, 8 Nov 2012
In my opinion, the author has a good idea but fails to develop it with sufficient conviction. It seems to aim to be another 'Space Captain Smith', but lacks Toby Frost's subtle wit and ingenuity.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smashing story, engaging and whimsical, 12 Oct 2012
K. Fearnley (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a great story and is told well.
Maybe it works best for young adults - probably down to younger than that as well, depending on their reading skills and tastes. Certainly there's nothing offensive and it's safe for kids.
It brings in some nice ideas and executes them well.
Without writing a longer review, I'd just say that it shows a good writing talent - some funny moments, good dialogue and characters and a story than has plot, surprises and pace. Certainly while free I'd strongly recommend that you give it a try.
I also liked his other stories, so I guess I get on with his style - I hope others do too as I think he deserves to succeed.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great British talent!, 21 Jun 2012
Hmmmm, yes ...interesting, I really enjoyed Saucerers and Gondoliers, it was a new slant on sci fi humour and very original. The author has a good writing voice and introduces some great characters, notably Ant and Cleo, our heroes and Truman J Slughound, the super tracking slug that can find our heroes anywhere and then helps on numerous occasions with escapes. This sci fi world has various secret colonies in space, unknown to the rest of us down here on earth. We meet the Russians, still very soviet , the Americans who are very 'red neck' and the Brits who are 'very British!'
The Russian, Captain Popov was a great character who had me grinning several times and I may well be one of the few readers that remembers the Banana Splits from my childhood summer mornings during school holiday, thanks for that blast from the past.
All in all a very entertaining story, well written and edited, I would look for more from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Aug 2014