5.0 out of 5 stars Archangel , heavenly

Published 2 months ago by gedankencoax

5.0 out of 5 stars Archangel , heavenly, 19 Oct. 2011
R. M. Bamford - See all my reviews
This review is from: Archangel (MP3 Download)
If you have never heard of Two Steps from Hell TSFH )chances are you have heard their music and never realised. You may have heard it watching X-factor or Top Gear or countless other tv shows, or watching a movie trailer at the pictures, thats what they do, they litteraly make music for trailers and shows. beacause of this the music is exciting, Epic, sometimes haunting. I discovered them a couple of years ago after watching a computer game trailer and thought " wow that music was awsome " straight away i bought their album invicible and loved it, now they have released Archangel and its even better, there is not a a bad track on this album and at 26 tracks and a total of 72 minuits playing time its an absolute bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning followup album to Invincible - Two Steps From Hell have nailed the formula for Epic music, 28 Sept. 2011
L. Hubbard (Cardiff) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Archangel (MP3 Download)
After their hugely popular initial album Invincible and TSFH composer Thomas Bergersen's solo effort Illusions, Archangel is the latest album by Two Steps From Hell. Following very much the same formula as their previous albums, this is once again full of epic orchestral and choral music.

I won't go into a track by track analysis of the album because of the huge number of tracks present, and also because each track is self contained opinion will vary considerably about what tracks you like best. That said, there were several standout tracks that deserve mention. Firstly, is track 2, "Archangel", which is probably my favourite track on the album. Frantic strings, awesome percussion and just after the half way mark is a brilliant solo female vocalist and a choir for extra punch, this is what makes Two Steps From Hell so good. Track 7, "Nero" contains some fantastic writing for piano and strings. Track 15, "Dragon Rider" sounds similar to the theme written by Harry Gregson-Williams and John Powell in "Escape from the Dragon" from Shrek, and I rather liked it. The final track Friendship to Last ends on a more tranquil note, with a good female soloist and a rousing melody to finish off the album.

The album duration is just over 70 minutes, and contains a massive 26 tracks. That's a lot of music for your money and there is certainly more than enough to justify the purchase.

I do think that Two Steps From Hell are probably the best group of composers of producing short epic trailer music style tracks. I don't think this album beats Invincible and Illusions in terms of quality, but it is a worthy equal, and anyone who likes these previous albums should not be without Archangel in their collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - if you like huge orchestral, epic soundtracks you have gotta hear this..., 21 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Archangel (MP3 Download)
Wow - if you like huge orchestral, epic cinematic soundtracks you have gotta hear this...the sheer power and emotive force of all of these tracks is just jaw-dropping. I found myself being totally immersed from the beauty and the adrenaline inducing strength of this album. Massive layered strings, haunting choirs, thunderous percussion, dancing piano, even the odd distorted guitar. It's all here in epic proportions. Truly amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars EPIC +1, 6 July 2012
This review is from: Archangel (Audio CD)
Even better than Invincible.

If you own Invincible, that should be all the encouragement you need to get Archangel. If you don't own Invincible, rectify that imediately!

5.0 out of 5 stars excelent workout music, 29 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Archangel (Audio CD)
I stumbled across this music on youtube & thought it'd be pretty good workout music & nice change from the normal rock i listen to. I found its right up my street because they work the electric guitar into the epic classical sounds very nicely.

I was right, it gets you totally pumped! I also recommended it to a friend who took it to the gym on his mp3 & he described it as like running into battle while on the treadmill.

I wouldn't recommend listening to it in the car coz once you get into the music you'll no doubt be breaking the speed limit!

So for me it was an excelent buy, i'm totally into it & it complements my taste im music very nicely. I intend to buy the 'Immortal' album also.

I ordered it from a supplier in the states coz it was cheaper & although I was quoted 28 day for delivery it came in about a week & a half so I was very happy.

So go on, buy it, you know you want to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic music, 17 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Archangel (MP3 Download)
If you loved their first public release you will just love Archangel. The music is still gripping and the vocals make the hair stand up on the back of your neck. All the tracks are equally good. I look forward to more releases in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars They've done it again...., 5 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Archangel (MP3 Download)
I am sitting here on my first listen through, not even finished all the tracks and had to write my review. Invincible was an extraordinary album, pulling you into each track and leaving you with a great feeling afterwards, fast paced, powerful and beautiful.

Archangel is in a word "better". They have outdone themselves with this album, astonishing and if you just liked Invincible you will love this. It feels a more structured, with each track feeling more connected to its neighbours. The vocals are again staggering and powerful, giving you a tingling feeling.

Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truely epic - one of the greatest albums I have heard., 30 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Archangel (MP3 Download)
Ok, so you stumble across this album - perhaps you heard a Mass Effect or Killzone trailer or perhaps, hopefully, you found this album because it was so highly rated by everyone who has listened to it. This album is not just made up of film score or intro music, but also stands in its own right as an amazing addition to what I would describe as the 'epic' genre.

It is one of those weird enigmas to hear and experience something so different to what you usually listen to - my main staple is rock and metal. I have only one artist name in my top 20 that could be defined as slightly classical and it is this one. I have listened to Invincible over 1000 times now (much to my amazement though not surprise). Archangel now begins to climb at over 100 times.

Each track is different, from the majestic sweeping Caradhras (I imagine boats approaching a shore and then a dove flying high above mountaintops to the scene of a great battle) to the lively - even rockier, Sanctuary Is Lost. This music makes you want to buy another pair of headphones, just to get that extra little bit of quality from the sound, so great and deep is it.

I am finding it hard to describe the music in any depth - any real substance, so just stop reading and click the add to cart button!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!! They're not wrong!, 17 April 2012
Ben Bottle (Gloucestershire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Archangel (MP3 Download)
Buying this was a real long shot and not normally something I'd give a second glance to.
Am I glad I did!!
I suppose it's classical but it is little hard to categorize it. There is a "rock" feel to it.
Powerful - often explosive this is absolutely Wagnerian in its presentation.
Intense "orchestrations" - big choral voices, it has a breathless nature.
It sounds a bit silly, but I'm not sure whether it is a real orchestra at times but who cares, it has the most amazing grandeur.
The soundtrack to all epics because it has such an epic presence. Powerful (yes, I'll use that word again) percussive elements and thunderous crescendos run throughout this set and rarely lets up!
The (most of the) other reviewers are not wrong - this is quite something.
I know nothing about these guys and I am still discovering this wonderful recording.
I'll say one thing - it is more "Terminator" than "Emma"!!! Not one for a quiet evening in!
Phew!

5.0 out of 5 stars Two Steps From Hell...One Step To Heaven, 26 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Archangel (MP3 Download)
This follows on from TSFHs last album "Invincible". And boy, it sure is good.
Sadly it doesn't beat the first album but it certainly comes real close to it and you won't be disappointed.
The title track Archangel is a right galloping romp but then goes onto Everlasting wchich bears more than an uncanny resemblence to After The Fall on the first album.
United We Stand-Divided We Fall is a personal favourite of mine as is What's Happening To Me, Aesir and Friendship To Last.
Sanctury Is Lost is a wierd one for me as it sounds like a track that David Arnold would do for the James Bond movies or even computer games. And Dragon Rider has what sounds like a drum machine experiment going on.
This isn't the best album of the two so far, but comes very close to the gold nonetheless.

Archangel