5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing YA Read!!
Now days when people think of a YA novel, they think of the typical vampires and werewolves business - read this book a you'll explore a completely new view on teenage life.

Published on 16 Sep 2012 by Rachelbunnie

3.0 out of 5 stars Kudos for a different storyline
Characterisation and plot development not great, but above average for YA. I found the clunky sentences and misuse of words increasingly irritating, so I won't be reading any more, even free. Hopefully these faults are due to inexperience. This may be an author to watch in the future.
Published 20 months ago by RustyJunk

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing YA Read!!, 16 Sep 2012
This review is from: Wanderlove (Kindle Edition)

Lola is a beautiful, young gypsy, raised by her father, always travelling and, oh yes, is part of a major group of thieves. So Lola decides to run away and makes it to her grandmother's house where she meets some cousins and happens to ruin the engagement of one of them. Then she meets Gabe, the handsome, mysterious guy that just seems to keeps crossing paths with her - who also happens to be her cousin's ex-fiancée. When she is with him, Lola suddenly starts remembering her past-lives, which were mysteriously blocked off from her before, and finally she remembers her undeniable love for Gabe many centuries ago.
Now they must battle to be together as there is a deeper, darker secret that lies within her; if uncovered the whole world is at stake...

This is a beautiful romance with an unique, gypsy twist. It got me hooked so I couldn't put it down, and was sad at the end for finishing it so soon. Will definitely recommend to anyone who is getting bored of the usual YA romance and is looking for a change. Will also be getting the second book straight away as I can't wait to see what happens next. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 11 April 2012
serenity (birmingham england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wanderlove (Kindle Edition)
I cannot believe this book is 77p! I'd have paid more for a book that was this well written and with a storyline that was phenomenally creative!
If you like to read YA paranormal books, gypsies, reincarnation then this is the book for you. I am not giving away the storyline suffice to say I am now about to re-read this for the third time.

The only thing I did not like about this book was the main characters cousin - who I suppose was written to be reviled anyway, I hope she does not appear in the sequel and I hope the sequel comes soon!

If you like this book, you will probably also like 'My name is memory' by Anne Brashares and possibly the circle trilogy by L J Smith.

Cannot wait for book two Ms Malory :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written romance, 27 Aug 2012
This review is from: Wanderlove (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. It is a love story set in the gypsy troupes, something I new nothing about. Gypsies can remember their past lives, but our heroine Lola cannot. The story unfolds why this is with a great storyline to keep you hooked. I have just downloaded the second book straight away, as I need to know what happens next.

1.0 out of 5 stars it's a mystery why this has so many good reviews, 28 Jun 2014
This review is from: Wanderlove (Kindle Edition)
Sounded like an interesting premise and I like YA fiction so I went for it. In fact, it was a fairly interesting idea but appallingly executed. Many of these books are formulaic but I don't usually mind that so long as it's gripping and I can empathize with the main character. This was all over the place plus the continual incorrect use of English was really irritating. I assume it was self published and not edited at all. Having said that, it almost seemed at the end as if someone had said to the author "you've got 500 words to wind it up" - it was so rushed and incoherent.

1.0 out of 5 stars disapointed opinionated person, 12 April 2014
This review is from: Wanderlove (Kindle Edition)
this plot seems like a knockoff from a luaren kate novel. but with thieving gypsies instead of angels-so you can imagine how disapointed i am. also why can we not choose 0 stars for a rating? seems like a conspiracy to make this seem goog or at least not completely rubbish because no one chose 0 stars. PROTESTING!!!!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Nov 2013
This review is from: Wanderlove (Kindle Edition)
What an amazing book. I love a book where you can lose yourself in it and not no what time it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Omg totally amazing, 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: Wanderlove (Kindle Edition)
This book was amazing when I found out the secrets of it it got me even more absorbed into it! I love the character Gabe because he has so many things hidden in him and Lola as she is a gypsy. I think you should defiantly read this book!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 26 Sep 2013
This review is from: Wanderlove (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyable and easy to read. Couldn't put it down and continued as straight on to sequel. Read for a change from the usual, vamps and angels stories out there.

1.0 out of 5 stars dissapointing, 7 Sep 2013
This review is from: Wanderlove (Kindle Edition)
I have never left a review for a book on Amazon before but seeing this book rated 5* just doesn't sit right with me. In itself it was such a promising storyline, I was intrigued immediately but I quickly realised that was all it was... the promise of something and very little substance. The dialogue of the characters were cliche at the best of times and I kept reading hoping it would get better but it just didn't. The fact that it's priced at 77p should have made me realise it was not going to be a great read. I am in love with all the YA fiction around at the moment but this seriously fell far from the mark, cringeworthy at the best of times. Better off with books like the Delirium trilogy, if you want a proper love story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Different and interesting., 5 July 2013
This review is from: Wanderlove (Kindle Edition)
Another reviewer wrote that she found this interesting and had learnt a lot about gypsies and their lifestyles. Another said it was a refreshing change from vampires and werewolf stories. All of this is true. Also true is that it's well written.
The story of Lola and Gabe and an enduring love through many lifetimes is a familiar theme. However coupled with the Romany viewpoint makes it very different. The storyline is very imaginative too but I don't like spoiling the plot.
This book is excellent value and much better than many others more expensive.
Suitable for teenagers and above.

Wanderlove