5.0 out of 5 stars kitty cat tape measure
A few months ago we had unexpected visitors and after they had left I came to look for my (vast) sewing kit. It could not be found anywhere in the house. After several weeks of searching, and turning the place upside down, it became apparent that I would have to start collecting the instruments for sewing and crafting all over again.

This was a kit that I had...
Published 18 months ago by Su

3.0 out of 5 stars ok
I got this for work (had previously had the frog) and it was good for a while, but the tape started to fray around the end, just like the frog one (It snapped pretty quickly) so I have now got a more sturdy tape measure elsewhere.
Published 2 months ago by FReid

5.0 out of 5 stars kitty cat tape measure, 31 Dec 2012
Su (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Retractable Small Tape Measure Metro Zoo - Yellow Cat

This was a kit that I had started to build up at approximately the age of eight when my mother first taught me to sew. Many of the items had a specific and intrinsic value to me as they have been passed down through the generations and are, both physically replaceable, completely irreplaceable as reminders of members of my family.

One of the important items I need when I am sewing or crafting is a tape measure. The one I had was a keychain freebee from a conference but it measured perfectly and fitted inside my needle and pin box.

I started looking around and found a Metro Zoo tape measure (the cow one to be precise). It was cute and useful and the start of a new collection. There are 2 sets of 4 animals - a total of 8 measures so far.

The cat was the last one I needed to complete the 8. "Tom" (as he has become known) is approximately 5.5 cm wide by 4.5 cm by 1.3 cm deep. He has a lovely cartoon face.

To access the tape measure you need to pull on the kitty's right ear (as she faces you).

In order to retract the measure you simply press the small button in the centre on the reverse of the head and in it flies - and I do mean flies. The measure does retract at a great rate of knots and can give your knuckles a nasty rap if it hits them.

The measure has inches on one side and centimetres on the others and they are clearly marked.

It is a fully functional tape measure and just because it is a functional item it doesn't mean that it can't be fun too. It is nice to have something in your bag that can make you smile when you are using it.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 4 May 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a toy, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Retractable Small Tape Measure Metro Zoo - Yellow Cat
I bought this as the description and so many other reviews said it made a good child's toy. It's very sweet but the speed at which the tape retracts is so fast that the plastic ear that it is attached to always hits my hand that's holding the face. I imagine this would actually be quite painful and startling for a child. Shame as my son absolutely loves our metal retractable tape measure and that's not really suitable for him either!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sweet!, 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: Retractable Small Tape Measure Metro Zoo - Yellow Cat
This is a very sweet little gift. I purchased it as a joke present for my boss who had a measuring fixation and who loved it but I can see it being a very nice aid for children to measure stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute as a button, 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: Retractable Small Tape Measure Metro Zoo - Yellow Cat
Very cute with a nice chunky feel and surprisingly sturdy. You pull his ear to find the tape! A lovely little gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the second one we've had, 31 Aug 2013
J. Brockhurst (E, Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Retractable Small Tape Measure Metro Zoo - Yellow Cat
Please keep this quiet, it's to replace the lost one I borrowed from my daughter. It's a nice pocket size and one of the ears pulls out to form the end of the tape measure. The original one was still going strong after a couple of years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 11 April 2013
This review is from: Retractable Small Tape Measure Metro Zoo - Yellow Cat
Our cat loving daughter thought this was amamzing she has enjoyed showing it to everyone, and will make use of it.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute little product, 27 Feb 2013
J. I. Pacey - See all my reviews
This review is from: Retractable Small Tape Measure Metro Zoo - Yellow Cat
Working well so far. Watch out for the rewind though folks - it's pretty sharpish! Product is well made and I am enjoying using it. It makes measuring my knitting a bit more fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: Retractable Small Tape Measure Metro Zoo - Yellow Cat
Love this product, perfect for work, my patients love it too! Works great and is so small and handy! Nice selection available.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, 27 Oct 2012
Miss F. M. Collinson (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Retractable Small Tape Measure Metro Zoo - Yellow Cat
This is good for fun but mine does not retract all the way, has to be wiggled a bit. Might just be mine tho.

Retractable Small Tape Measure Metro Zoo - Yellow Cat