on 5 February 2013
There's so many toasters on Amazon it can be hard to pick one! We went for this one as the price was reasonable and it looked good. The eco one slice option is useful as is the defrost setting which toasts frozen bread brilliantly.

A nice even toast on level 2-3 and it also fits quite tall bread too such as hovis best of both and wholemeal!
on 10 March 2013
The facilities to have only one slot heated when only one slice is required and also having the ability to lift slices up to see how they are doing without interfering with the toasting process make it the best toaster I have had in sixty years. It is also a strong, well made and good looking piece of equipment that enhances the black and chrome colour scheme in my kitchen. Fast and efficient delivery and packaging. I would recommend it to anyone requiring the same.
on 4 June 2014
I didn't buy this toaster for its looks, but it gets extra respect for looking "a bit like a dalek".

My toasters never get heavy use - the occasional potato waffle snack for the boy (so the one-slot only function is useful, seems so wasteful to have a hot empty slot quietly toasting itself) and my own home-made bread (which doesn't come in standard square-slice format, so the 'extra-high lift' function is useful).

The 'sneaky peak' facility is brilliant. Previous toaster did not have this facility. It is worth having.

Could be improved with slightly longer slots, but that's a fairly personal quibble since I make my own sourdough bread that has short and wide slices rather than regulation 'sliced bread' square slices. Body of the toaster seems rather large for the size of the slots, but then that probably helps to keep the walls cool while it is on.

My previous-but-one toaster was a very similar Kenwood model. When it died (after only a year or so) it was because the right slot simply stopped working. That might be due to over-vigorous crumb-clearance on my part, so de-crumb gently and maybe it will last longer?

In a world of nasty toasters, it isn't the worst and for convenience it certainly beats holding slices of bread up in front of a log fire.
on 11 May 2013
This is the best toaster I have had. It is no bigger than previous toasters but standard thick sliced bread fits in better!It toasts reliably and evenly. I have found it just as quick as other models and the one-slice setting is helpful in saving energy. The costruction is sound and the crumb tray removes easily. The "peek" facility could also be useful if you want to keep an eye on progress. Compared to these advantages the need to buff off the occasional finger mark is no problem at all.
on 25 November 2012
love this toaster - good looking , reasonably quick and option to do just one slice - perfect for a hassle free breakfast time .
on 4 July 2013
I usually have one piece of toast, my wife has cereal.
Most toasters end up burning the side facing the empty slot, so this toaster is great with the single slot option.
I wasn't sure if it would be suitable for the larger slices made by my breadmaker, but the normal slice just fits. larger loaves would stick out the top.

recommended
Bob
on 15 April 2013
This toaster, unlike other toasters I have had, toasts the whole of the piece of bread! You can also toast tea cakes. All spring up very easily. There is a warming tray provided which I took off as I won't ever use it. Cleans very easily/
on 2 May 2013
Bought to match other utensils (kettle) but sadly find it takes way too long to toast bread (for which it is intended) sometimes we canntot believe how long it takes! Previous toasters were much faster! Not good from the speed point ot view.
on 11 August 2013
After buying an awful cheap toaster which packed up I decided to spend a bit more and I haven't been disappointed. Well made and the functions are simple, just a simple timer and a on slice facility.
on 12 May 2013
Best ever, always buy Kenwood toasters but this one is certainly the best I have bought.
Toasts even on both sides! Quick and easy to use.

See one answered question