4.0 out of 5 stars Great basic heart rate monitor without the bells and whistles
This is a great HR monitor for the price. It obviously tells you your heart rate, but also tells you if you're training in the fat burning zone. This is a huge advantage to somebody like me who does cardio like running and skipping as it can tell you if you're pushing too hard or not hard enough. I now realise that for about 6 months I've been pushing too hard in the...
Published on 25 July 2011 by P

3.0 out of 5 stars I used that one pretty muxh every day for about 10 months with no ...
This is the second polar ft4 I have brought. My first one was faulty and after changing the battery in the Monitor and the watch it still wouldn't connect and never picked up the transmitter. I used that one pretty muxh every day for about 10 months with no issues what so ever and then it just completely stopped working. I missed my ft4 so repurchased this one. Although I...
Published 4 months ago by Casey Phillips

‹ Previous | 123 24 2530 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Goes off midway through the workout, 19 Jun 2013
This review is from: Polar FT4 Women's Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch (Sports)
so far i have used this 10 times and 8 of these times the monitor stops detecting heart rate during the workout which then results in an inaccurate calories burned information. This item is quiet costly and I did expect something more effective for the cost.
I give it 1star because it was good when it worked on the two occasions, I will be returning this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Nov 2014
Best heart rate monitor ever

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Sep 2014
Really pleased, easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 18 Sep 2014
Fantastic watch easy to use

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Oct 2014
brilliant ..defo recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Oct 2014
Love it, Perfect in water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget would buy again in a second if it ever broke, 11 May 2014
I use it mainly for fitness classes, HIIT workouts and running, its easy to use, looks great, feels comfortable both watch and the monitor strap.

Shows the time, calories burned, how long you have worked out for, your heat rate, and if your in our desired heart rate 'zone' for buring fat.

I also use the polar website to upload all my workouts on (its like a diary) which then tells you about more in depth about your workouts and you can compare them on graphs

over all its a fair price for a great watch/heart rate monitor/fitness tracker, the only thing I wish it did have would be to connect to polartrainer.com to transfer date rather than doing it manually but then you can get this with some of the more expensive models.

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly made waste of money, 17 Feb 2014
Going against the grain here, and yes, I'm not a great IT enthusiast, but here goes. The instructions for this watch were minimal and inadequate, the buttons are too small, and frankly I could not make head nor tale of it at first. Eventually I got the calorie counter and heart rate working, but tested the calorie counter against my exercise bike and its completely inaccurate. (Yes I did type in my personal details correctly). The buttons are not easy to use, very small and foutery, and not easy to check the data while training.
If you're not an IT guru, I'd avoid this, hopeless waste of money, get the simpler versions!

Molly Brown

2.0 out of 5 stars Kept going off all the time, 27 May 2013
had high hopes for this, reviews were mostly good, but i was one of the unfortunate ones that the signal kept failing, despite me wetting the sensor more than adequately. i used it for 4 workouts. the first two it gave a reading of half the calories that myfitnesspal/endomondo tells me i've burnt, so i thought ok the apps over estimate. i did 55 mins of zumba and it said i burnt 350 cals, and 55 mins of body combat and it said i burnt 190 cals, i know this isn't right, and those last two workouts everytime i checked the watch it said either 00 heart rate or check transmitter. shame as i really wanted an accurate account of what cals i burn, i won't be trying another, i dont eat my exercise cals anyway but it would've been handy for times when i do want to eat them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy but effective, 6 Dec 2010
I have owned a lot of sports watches but this by far is the best. It easy to use, heart monitor is light and because it detachable battery hopefully will last longer. Holds your data for numerous training sessions and easy to understand it unlike many others, see training zones and easy to switch modes from heart rate to calorie to time .. And looks good and I have a small wrist! If only it had gps it would be even better!

‹ Previous | 123 24 2530 | Next ›