on 11 February 2012
The size of the blanket is small for a double bed compared to my last one - and before anyone says anything I do not have it placed under my pillows why would I need to do this - it is not only too short but it is also too narrow for a double bed so be prepared for a disapointment here. The connection clip is very poorly sited not helped by the fact that the blacket is too narrow and is uncomfortable. But its not all bad news the product does what it says on the packet and warms your bed up really well, and for the price you can't expect much more, but if you want something to actually fit a double bed read and measure the sizes first and be prepared to spend a good bit more money
on 4 December 2011
I cannot praise Amazon enough for their excellent service always, the electric blanket I purchased from them at an really good price is absolutely perfect for me, the settings are great, it doesn't move on the bed, number 2 setting just makes the bed comfortably warm but not too hot, if you like hot you need number 3.
on 13 December 2011
After the misery of cold beds and freezing feet at night, I decided to buy one of these.
Easy and basic to use with three heat settings, the blanket worked straight away and does warm up really quickly (10-15 mins on high)
The only thing I would say is that I wish it was a bit larger- I have a 4 foot (3/4) size bed and it doesnt cover it, so you can either have your feet or your shoulders on the blanket, not both!

Definately no regrets though, it really is a god-send after a cold hard day!
on 26 March 2014
I have had this for four months and it stopped working, i only used it around ten times! Asked for a replacement and this is the reply i got "Hi,Unfortunately the warranty period has now expired,
please contact the manufactured, or your more than welcome to purchase
a new one
Why would i want to buy another???? THANKS FOR NOTHING AMAZON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 4 February 2012
Can't believe I have spent so many winters without one of these! Plus side: Works great. Good value for the price. Gets nice and warm. Down sides: it is NOT big enough to cover a double bed. But still works good for the size it is. The controller is in a weird place- not as user friendly as it could be. No way to tell in the dark what level it is set at (i.e. No light up numbers). Overall- good buy for a good price! Can't imagine not having I now!
on 28 November 2013
Cheap blanket does what it says on the tin but by Jove it's certainly not a double size at all,fast delivery,very happy with product and will recommend as the winter nights move in you can't go wrong with this product.
on 31 October 2013
I recently brought the Double & Kingsize version of the Costmad blanket. I used the double twice for an hour before bedtime & by the third day it broke. I awaiting to see how long the Kingsize version lasts for......
on 26 March 2013
ok for the price, its not big enough for a double, takes a while to heat up and doesnt get hot unless its on full
the plastic heating element sits on the bed so can be uncomfortable but you get what u pay for!!
on 28 May 2012
This is amazing it covers my half of the double bed and just lil bit over on my other half of the bed side which is fine. as well perfect in length for me. heats up fast and helps with back,hips and shoulder pain.
on 9 January 2012
For those long winter nights which are imminent, I feel. Very good value for money, has different settings and would thoroughly recommend. Thank you, Costmad.