on 16 April 2012
After needing to upgrade my useless 20GB drive after finally finding nothing else to delete I went for a 250GB drive MAXXIMUM DIGITAL-250GB Hard Drive for Xbox 360 System (Bulk Packaged) . The only thing that had put me off was the transfer of all those hard earned game saves and the potential for disaster.

I need not have worried as this kit sorts all that out for you and has the console up and running in a few minutes (if transferring from a 20GB hard drive, larger ones will obviously take a bit longer).

The only slight issue I had was an error or omission in the official Microsoft documentation both in the box and online. You need to plug the old Hard drive into the cable after the cable is placed in the USB slot. Then the Xbox automatically brings up the transfer window.

So for the sake of buying this cable my fun can continue with the Xbox 360 :)
on 14 November 2013
This is the cable you need if you want to transfer data from a 360 slim hard drive to another 360 slim hard drive. ( sata drives )

I used it to transfer from a 250gb hard drive to a 320gb one.

A transfer of over 100gb took just under 2 hours.

But it will not transfer any installed game discs from your previous hard drives.

You will have to reinstall those games again yourself on your new hard drive, which is a minor annoyance and abit of a time waster if you installed quite alot of retail games.

But it will transfer profiles , themes, gamerpics,market place DLC/add ons ,arcade games and games on demand games to your new hard drive no problem.

But you will most likely have to redownload marketplace lisence data for your purchases again , if you transfered the data to a new console.

( Market place lisence data are tied to the original gamertags that bought it , aswell as the original console you purchased it on. This can be lisence data can be transfered to a new console , while logged into your gamertag either on the console or on xbox.com. )
on 18 May 2012
I got a new style 360 and wanted to transfer all my game saves and profile details from my old 360 it took a couple of attempts but it worked and was pretty fast now I am playing my old saves on my new console and it was really good value
on 28 January 2015
Gets the job done that it is needed for, yet the fact I had to buy this one as Microsoft deemed the previous transfer cable just a one function (Only transferred from Xbox 360 to 360 Slim) cash cow for them to suck their loyal xbox 360 users dry just makes me think how Microsoft suck at pleasing their community and users nowadays.

In all honesty, they didn't even need to release the previous transfer cable because of this one; yet releasing little minor upgrades is business some say and I am not technical advanced enough to trust myself transferring the data through other means.

So you win this battle Microsoft -_-
on 23 November 2015
Bought to transfer between old xbox 360 and newer slim 360. Instructions recommended detaching harddrive from old one and transferring via USB to the newer version, however the connection was quite loose and the drive would not register with the xbox. Tried it the opposite way (pluging new drove into old xbox) and worked straight away. Transfer took around half an hour.
on 22 August 2014
Nice...easy...shame it costs so much for the little use you get out of it...but not much you can do....to let people know this is the cable you need to transfer things to the xbox 360 slim hard drive(not sure about xbox one) Quick easy to use....my advice buy a cheap one/2nd hand...especially if your like me and are only going to use it once.
on 6 January 2014
Didn't work at all. Both my Xboxes were updated and I followed the instructions but nothing happened - new 360 slim didn't recognise it. Feels cheap and light. Anyway I'm getting a refund and then buying another just to make sure . . . will write scathing review if that one doesn't work and take two stars down to one.
on 10 November 2013
Required this to transfer my saves etc from my old 20GB xbox to my new 250GB slim. Instructions are easy to follow if a little bit basic but the whole process is fairly straight forwards. Had my new Xbox up and running with all my saves in less than 20 minutes,
on 26 February 2013
This item was very very good, and i got my data transferred no problem. the only hitch was that when i bought it, i went to review my purchase, and the buyer had halved the price, meaning I had to pay a full £9 more. Apart from that, great purchase!
on 8 March 2012