4.0 out of 5 stars Now you see me...
Excellent low cost item that increases side-on visibility in darkness and low light.

Published on 30 Jun. 2012 by DrWorm

3.0 out of 5 stars They're OK for the money
Published on 10 Dec. 2012 by Hollie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Now you see me..., 30 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Nite Ize See'Em Blue, 2 pack bicycle clips, keeping night riders safe (Sports)

I have some great front and rear lights on my bike but was always concerned on roundabouts at night as car drivers are so involved in their sat-nav, ipod, central heated, 7 airbag safety shell that they barely give a glance on roundabouts and if a 100w halogen isn't burning their retinas they just pull out. These green little fire-flies of light create a great illusion of a circle of light when travelling at any decent speed and make you much more obvious to other traffic. The green also helps because you rarely see any green lights at night and it makes car drives think a little (never a bad thing).

Battery life is OK but easy to replace and you can buy a dozen on Amazon for a couple of £s.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little add-ons, 14 Nov. 2012
These little lights are just brilliant. I cycle a lot and was/am worried about being seen from the side. I have reflectors but I generally prefer to have some active lighting.

These guys are small and light and you get two per pack. They secure tightly to the spokes (no sliding at all) are easy to put on and take off. They really stay where you placed them, and will face the way you pointed them.

To switch them on and off you just rotate the plastic bit (it might take a few tries till you remember which way round you need to twist it, but it soon becomes second nature).

There are some similar products that go on when you cycle etc. but I found them to be rather faulty, or I had to cycle quite fast to make them work consistently. So I prefer having to switch them on and off myself.

I have two for each wheel (one facing left/one right). I had them now for a good while and used them every morning and evening for about 20 minute cycles and the batteries are still going.

Definitely worth their money.

3.0 out of 5 stars They're OK for the money, 10 Dec. 2012
I bought these after seeing them on another cyclists bike and asking him about them as his were blue crescent shaped ones that literally lit up the whole wheel. They are OK. The batteries supplied died after 2 minutes (no exaggeration) so I had to buy more but I'd expect that anyway, however one of them literally refuses to work. So I only have one- which when cycling along is visible but you really need at least 2 on each wheel (one on each side) to have total visibility. I would advise to go for blue crescent ones as they definitely in the dark show up boldest.

2.0 out of 5 stars clever and small.... but dull, 17 Jan. 2013
My commute to work is mainly in the dark, so I'm always looking for ways to stand out and keep safe. I have used many lights from standard front and rear mounted lights to attachments for helmet's and clothing.
My order was for the orange which I hoped would provide me with visibility. Unfortunately the orange colour plastic dilutes the light from the single LED. Even with new and premium brands of battery this light is dull.
My only experience with this product is with the orange light however, the power supply is so low (only takes one singe lithium bat) regardless of colour this light probably won't grab any driver's attention.
Pros:
This bike light is small and will not clutter your pride and joy with yet another add-on.
Cons:

Don't get small lights that only take single lithium batteries they are not powerful enough. Even street lights will neutralise any visibility this light gives out. Most cycle accidents happen on lit roads so this is a crucial oversight.
If you want Wheel lights make sure you get the best colour (usually blue)

1.0 out of 5 stars really poor, 14 Nov. 2012
Excellent service from the seller but the product is probably the most disappointing I have ever bought from Amazon. Weak light and adds not real value, some novelty value for children perhaps. Have given mine away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good all rounder, 15 Jan. 2014
Russtafarian (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I ride to work almost everyday, and now that the weather is dark and miserable, I wanted something extra to be noticed on the roads of London.
I already have two front 'white' lights, plus two rear lights. I also have one on my back-pack, plus a hi-via jacket. All of these are fine, when traffic approaches you from the front or rear, but noting really shines to the sides - hence why I bought these.
Once you're moving these do offer a ring of light on both wheels. In my case I bought one pair which face my right side (being a UK road rider), but if you will need to buy two sets if you want to visible from both sides (or just stick one pair on one wheel).
These won't stop some idiot from cutting you up on the road, but I'm doing everything I can to be seen.
Would recommend these.

5.0 out of 5 stars TRON wheels!, 8 Oct. 2012
These are great. Car drivers can't fail to see you. So are great for kids, as are fun too. Would highly reconmend them. They arrived swiftly too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 16 Nov. 2012
The picture is very misleading, they hardly show up at all and that's when you can get them to work. Very disappointed with them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Amber Ize., 11 Dec. 2013
Smooth Rider. (Derby/Nottingham.) - See all my reviews
These arrived quite promtly, good delivery and I have to say that's about all I can really say about them at the moment.
I haven't got around to trying them out fully, as I need new batteries for them, the ones supplies with them are almost exhausted and I haven't used them in anger as yet!
To make matters worse, the batteries aren't easily available, even at the '£' shop and if you try the other battery shops, then the money starts adding up.
The batteries supplied (1 per Nite Ize) are CR927, another number for them I believe is AG7.
The lights clip on to your spokes, (be gentle here) and are turned on/off by twisting the outer coloured lense, which is quite tight and tricky I suspect with cold or gloved hands.
Also the lights are on permanently, they don't flash and there only one sided, a single small LED.
I've also bought the Green colour ones and there just the same by the way.

3.0 out of 5 stars Green Ize., 11 Dec. 2013
Smooth Rider. (Derby/Nottingham.) - See all my reviews
These arrived very quickly, good delivery and I have to say that's about all I can really say about them at the moment.
I haven't got around to trying them out fully, as I need new batteries for them, the ones supplied with them are almost exhausted and I haven't used them in anger as yet!
I've bought the Amber colour ones and there just the same by the way.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›