on 30 April 2012
A pleasant view of all things minimalist - an absolute tonic of a read.

To place yourself in these situations is all positive, absorb & act on, each piece of advice & train of thought is genuine, helpful & sincere - I get a lot from their website & mailouts, this being no exception. Whatever department of your life you feel is lacking, or in need of a spring clean or rethink, its all here - kick back, unwind, sit in silence & indulge yourself - who knows, it could change everything for you, I really believe that. Nice work lads :)
on 27 September 2011
Not a long book, a minimalist one :) Seriously though, this is a great set of essays from some fascinating guys who have changed their lives completely and therefore speak from deep understanding. Well worth the small price tag.
on 2 September 2012
This is a great collection of their minimalist essays. Whilst the majority of the essays can be found on their blog, i think the editorial insight into the selection that is used here is great. There are also 2 essays which have not been previously published which form part of this and I think (as with all of their stuff) are well worth reading.

Great to have it in an easy-to-use/read kindle format and I can't recommend it enough for anyone interested in minimalism or who already feels that they are quite some way along the path.

A great read!
on 19 November 2014
Interesting, after having attended one of their talks on their world tour. As they are separate essays the content tends to be a bit repetitive (when they introduce themselves and explain their background) but they still give a good idea of their thoughts on different aspects of life and they give tips on how to change your own life for the better.
on 9 June 2015
This book won't give the foolproof steps to becoming a minimalist, but rather it contains thoughts on living with intention and purpose and how these become more relevant in different parts of your life. A collection of essays should be read in small chunks across a period of time, not all at once. So for some reviews saying that its repetitive... yeah it is at times, but we all need reminders of the most basic things in our lives. If you really want to live and breathe this lifestyle then you won't mind that. For the rest of you, I suggest leaving it on your coffee table and only going to a relevant chapter when you feel you need that bit of inspiration.
For me, just glancing at the book cover inspires me to think like a minimalist so that beats having to open up their blog for that!
on 2 September 2012
Really interesting read, a collection of essays on minimalism and living a meaningful life. Inspires me to want to learn more and venture more into the world of minimalism and makes me want to live a more meaningful life.
on 15 June 2015
I found this a mind absorbing read. These two young men both write with style and s jolly good sense of humour to boot! Their essays are absorbing and really do make you think about just how you could adjust your own life to have less and be much happier. I was not quite sure exactly what minimalism entailed and these essays soon put me straight. Not exactly how I imaged it is but thankfully much more achievable and enjoyable. Worth trying and certainly I intend to read it again and again in the future ,so take that as a recommendation.
on 26 January 2015
Whilst I enjoyed some of the content and it made me think, it is very repetitive and after a while began to feel like an ego stroke for the two guys.

The constant "I left my 6 figure job... did i tell you that? Let me tell you again" started to get to me after a while, and while they say that, you do not have to be a white, middle class, single male they do not really offer a perspective on how people from differing social and economic backgrounds can embrace minimalism.
on 26 August 2012
I have been interested in minimalism for a long time before I read this book and I still found it interesting.
If you follow Joshua's blog you will already know he has a fantastic writing style that is easy to read and feels like chatting to an old friend.
As I already was a minimalist when I read this I cannot say it helped me to de-clutter or down size but it did help me feel I was not alone in this material world
on 23 April 2012
Living simpler is never easy but something I am always trying to do. There is a beauty in having less and enjoying it more. I highly recommend these authors for their commitment to doing that for themselves and encouraging others to find ways to do this too. Its never too late to simplify your life and enjoy your life even more while you do so. I am recommending this book to all my friends