4.0 out of 5 stars Review of Dumbbell weights
Published on 17 April 2012 by Mr. Clarke

2.0 out of 5 stars DANGEROUS! Poor quality, broke within a few months, avoid!
When I first got the dumbells, they seemed fairly okay. Not the best quality, being all plastic and pretty shoddily put together.

Published 4 months ago by Jordan Chivers

4.0 out of 5 stars Review of Dumbbell weights, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Dumbbell weights set / dumbell kit / dumbell pair 30 kg / muscle training / bodybuilding / workout / gym (Misc.)
I selected these weights because they are 30kg, at a good price. They arrived quickly, and are easy to use. The handle grips are a bit hard, so I recommend using weight lifting gloves (I actually use bike gloves which are pretty much the same thing). The weights can be easily swapped to reflect the various exercises. Overall, I am pleased with the product, and consider it good value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 3 July 2012
The term "you get what you pay for" applies to these weights, dont get me wrong they do the job, my only gripe is the grip, its too small.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 16 Oct 2012
All good - reasonable weights, plastic with what seems to be sand or grit inside for the weight - only one issue with mine is on one of the weights the cap keeping the sand inside isnt securely sealed, nothing has escaped yet but I fear it may snap one day. Overall though great value for money

2.0 out of 5 stars DANGEROUS! Poor quality, broke within a few months, avoid!, 2 April 2014

But then about 8 weeks later, MID SET, one of the sides of one of the dumbells SNAPPED. Luckily it was the outer side so the weights didn't fall on top of me, but the clamp came completely loose and now no longer can work at all.

Then, a few days later, the other one did the exact same! Both times only had moderate weight on them (around 20kg).

Grips are also incredibly abrasive, which you kind of get used too after getting some nasty calluses on your hands for the first few weeks, but then isn't so bad.

But when it comes down to it, these dumbells are dangerous and should not be used under any circumstances, as I dread to think what kind of injuries could be caused to someone if theirs snapped too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Package fell to bits and part missing not replaced., 19 Jan 2014
This item was originaly packaged in cardboard which fell apart compelling the courtier to repackage in a robust plastic carton, seems that a part was lost during this process, supplier offered me £3 to source a replacement part for myself which defeats the purpose of on line shopping, eventually after some correspndence the supplier sent out a replacement part which was the wrong size and did not fit, Rating is therefore more relative to the supplier than it is the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars exactly as expected, 20 May 2013
Andre (Porto, Portugal) - See all my reviews
Nice weights set. The handle is a bit hard, so I also bought cycling gloves with this, so that it doesn't harm my hands.

2.0 out of 5 stars missing 'spinlock collar', 25 Feb 2013
i got the weights but its missing the spinlock collar which is annoying cause it makes one of the dumbbells useless..... could you send it through the post???

3.0 out of 5 stars plastic, 3 April 2013
Dont be mislead by weights covered in a durable plastic to stop the metal clanking, these are big old sand filled plastic. Hence alot of people on here complaining of the size of the weights. Bar feels cheap and collers are only plastic. Still going to use them tho 14.9Kg on each bar is ok. Not worth sending back as packaging is really poor. Stick to full blown metal sets, smaller in size and more useable and versatile.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing but a bad experience and waste of money, 14 April 2013
I recently purchased these weights, they were received only about 1 week after I had made the order. Upon using the weights I discovered that they will actually unravel themselves (if you go above 10kg) I was millimetres from dropping about 15kg on my toe. So I decided I would return them (I am not an awkward customer!), they then told me that If I wanted to return them I would have to send them to GERMANY! I wrote back complaining it was unfair to expect me to do that and have had no response. I will not be using this company again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 July 2012
Easy to order, half the price of normal weights and even though it comes from germany it takes about the same delivery time as normal uk posting so worth it. Weights are slightly large but unless your tiny you wont be affected, im 5'7 and theyre perfect for me, as a starter set or even for those more experienced it is an all round kit.

Recommend to anyone.