on 10 September 2009
Both my 10 year-old daughter and myself have been devouring this series of Enid Blyton mysteries. Wholesome, entertaining read. Nicely presented in cardboard box. Good value. Definitely would recommend it.
on 7 January 2016
I have spent the last few weeks happily reliving childhood memories by reading this series of books. They are excellent. I didn't read them all as a child but the ones I read bring back so many wonderful memories of an idealised childhood where there was always plenty to eat, trips to the cafe, a small village setting, and a wonderful mystery to solve. This version has been modernised slightly to appeal to modern day children. I don't think anything is wrong with this because on the whole Blyton stands the test of time and I think it is better to make it more relatable to today's children. Most of these books are excellent, but only one I wouldn't bother it is with if the last one Banshee Towers. Blyton wrote this one about four years after the previous book, and apparently she was very ill at the time and suffering from memory issues, and it really shows. It is a sad end to the series . I remember reading it as a child and wondering what was wrong at the time. Other than that, all of the other books are really good.

Although they pretty much stay as children there is some character progression as the series in role. For instance, in the first few books the children always put out fake clues for Mr Goon, the village policeman, to follow. This causes a lot of problems in and of the books and thereafter the children seem a bit more mature. There is also an introduction of a working-class friend, but sometimes Fatty talks down to him, and his idolation of Fatty can be a bit uncomfortable. This is probably the funniest series of books Blyton wrote. There are many laugh out loud moments with the interactions with Mr Goon. All in all, I enjoyed them so much that I am just about to start reading them all over again . And I very rarely read books twice.
on 12 March 2010
I've read these books over and over again and just never get tired of them...the best childrens books there are and some of Enid Blytons best work :)
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 December 2013
Enid Blyton's works are well known, respected and have been enjoyed by millions of children and adults for many, many years, so further commentary on the literary content is superfluous.

Bearing in mind the renown of her work, this collection of the Mystery Series comprising of 15 books at a price that equates to fractionally under £2 per book, is absolutely incredibly good value, and is to be commended.
on 6 September 2010
Bought these for my 8 yr old son as he is loving Enid Blyton's Famous Five and Secret Seven. He had some birthday money and Amazon vouchers and bought these. He loves all of them and reads them several times over. Fabulous value as in the high street they are £4.99 each.
on 14 June 2011
Got here quickly with no fuss. Excellent company to do business with. Read these books when I was a kid, have already plied my 5yr old with secret seven which he loved. Hoping he enjoysthese too
on 10 August 2013
Bought for a grandson, I took the opportunity to reacquaint myself with the books I loved as a child but had largely forgotten other than a few odd details. I loved the the books and devoured them over a couple of weeks. The stories are full of imagination and lovely touches that make for complelling reading. The collection is a great way of getting the whole collection at an amazing price. Brilliant purchase!
on 30 August 2013
Excellent books in every way. Exciting stories with a real air of mystery. Strong characters, excellent descriptive detail of characters and settings, well thought out and structured plots. Enid Blyton at her best. Excellent for all children and highly recommended to improve their reading skills including the correct use of grammar. Much better than many recent offerings for children!
on 3 April 2013
My nine year old daughter has had hours of fun with these books; they have really fired her imagination and encouraged her to read more.
on 28 March 2013
Arrived very quickly. Good quality just as I remembered from childhood . Love these books.good value for the compkete set