TOP 500 REVIEWERon 12 March 2013
If you read the other review of this printer you need to know that the MF5940 IS compatible with windows 7. I just took delivery of one of these printers, popped in the driver disc and it said there was an error. I thought, damn that guy on Amazon was right, but it turns out he's only half right. The discs that come with the printer only have the windows 7 32 bit drivers and software. I'm running windows 7 64 bit and am guessing he is also. If you download the right drivers from the canon website and follow the instruction it works fine. You do need to do a bit of digging on Canon's website to find the application software though, but once found and installed it works fine.
Too early for a proper review but I just wanted to say that this printer does work with windows 7.

2 week update: I've been having a nightmare with the Canon printing profiles not remembering settings and just reverting back to the last print settings. After numerous e-mails/calls to canon support it would seem that you open up any profile, make any changes you want, then click ADD a new profile and save those settings. I was creating a new profile then making the changes and applying those changes to save them - apparently it doesn't work like that. A bit counter-intuitive if you ask me and works totally different to other print drivers I've used. Even using this method I'm still having problems with the profiles being overwritten with the paper type last used. For example, if I create a profile for printing envelopes on C5 envelope stock, it overwrites all the other profiles to use the same size. So, basically, it's a waste of time in setting up profiles for anything other than A4 paper. Very annoying and have deducted 1 star on the strength of that.
on 8 February 2013
As title says! But otherwise a great printer...
Delivery was grest just annoying no mention it wasn't compatible???

No more to say really...
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse