5.0 out of 5 stars Plantronics Voy Pro HD
Published on 19 Feb. 2012 by the badger

Published on 20 Nov. 2011 by knurl

5.0 out of 5 stars Plantronics Voy Pro HD, 19 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Plantronics Voyager Pro HD Bluetooth Headset - Black (Accessory)
I lost my previous plantronics pro and was lost without it and as I travel a lot and use different vehicles I needed another. This new HD version is excellent with audible prompts of battery life, connected/disconnected with clear sound and up to six hours battery life with an in car charger as standard. As I run a business from home and I am out a lot all callers think I am in the office. The same applies to calls made as there is no detection of road noise which is great. It will also detect sat nav verbal instructions and play them through the unit. An excellent product at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars The sound as clear as you were using the phone's mic., 2 Nov. 2011
Zoltan Boros - See all my reviews
My phone can record calls, so I can check how my voice sounds like at the other end of the conversation. My voice on the record sounds clear as loud as I was using the phone's mic (which is a very good one). Using the headset simply does not make any difference.
It means you can use this for very important calls as well, you do not have to compromise.
I can hear everything clearly, as it was a little headphone (only it is mono of course). It is not a surprise, as this thing uses the same bluetooth profile as the headphones.
It is even working as a headphone, it is rerouting every sound from the speaker to the headset, when it is connected. I tried voice recorder, Spotify, stock music player, Stitcher radio.
The connection is quick and stable. The sensor is working, if I put it on, it reroutes the call, or any sound I can hear from the phone, within 1s.
The only thing I do not like, that there is no separate pause/mute button, for this function the volume + and - buttons have to be pushed together, which I found very hard to do.
Overall: I like it very much.

(I tested with HTC Sensation, Android 2.3.4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Capable if un-sexy device; but does exhibit some snapping and popping, 20 Nov. 2011
It is a little geeky, but I don't mind it. I'd rather know that the microphone is closer to my mouth. The sound quality on this is pretty good, though I get quite a lot of crackling. One review I read ([...]) seemed to indicate that this headset does suffer from quite a lot of static. I found that when the headset is not moving around, it works very well and is quite clear, but any metal that moves around it causes crackling. I suppose this means that the antenna is not particularly well designed. I deliberately tested it next to moving metal, and then cloth, and only the metal caused the crackling sound. I am going to buy another model of headset to see if it exhibits the same issue.

The microphone works well, which was my key buying criteria. I had just bought a different Bluetooth headset with a built-in microphone, and it was AWFUL. No one could hear me properly. The Plantronics connected instantly with my Blackberry--the connection set-up and tear-down works perfectly every time. The volume buttons can be a little tricky to press. The device is very comfortable to wear for long periods, and comes with several different pluggable earpieces for the anatomically-challenged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plantronics Review by Tiny Si., 20 Oct. 2011
Plantronics Voyager Pro+ Bluetooth Headset
This is the best Bluetooth head set that I have ever had and would highly recommend it to anyone.
Once it is connected to your handset which is easy to do just press and hold the on/off switch located on the rear of the device, until the light starts flashing red and blue. Simply go into you handsets Bluetooth settings (if you have not already done so) and select new devises search allow it to find the Plantronics. And enter when prompted 0000 which is the factory preset pass code for this equipment. It will ask you if you want to allow the PPV to connect to you device automatically.
I recommend selecting `yes' that way when ever you have your PPV in the same vicinity of your handset it will connect automatically every time, with out you having to do anything.
I drive a big truck, and whom ever it is that I talk to with this says that they can hear no background noise at all. So it is very well recommended its extremely comfortable to I have completely forgotten that I have had it on my head several times and only realised that this is the case when I have either got in the shower or in to bed.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT ITEM, 4 May 2012
bought this item after reading a number of reviews as i am a lorry driver so need to have a headset with a very good noise cancellation built into it after using a number of different bluetooths through out the years i can certainly say that this is the best headset i have ever bought not only is it extremly comftable it is also excellent at cancelling out the background noise

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS ITEM

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing quality, 16 Dec. 2011
I went through four other headsets before I found this one. The problem was that people on the other end of the line could never hear me, or I sounded muffled, or the microphone picked up other noises.

But this one is incredible. People can hear me crystal clear. I've even been walking through a gale, or with trucks and buses passing by, and the conversation never stops.

It's worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 4 Feb. 2012
The sound quality for the person on the other end of the call is superb, they cannot hear background noise. The call quality for the user is also excellent, this in fact is an excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its good, get one!, 12 April 2012
I actually think the headset look quite cool, not only that is works very well. Although have had problem in that the rubber tubing has split & I cant get it into pairing mode, emailed plantronics support & without question they are now sending me a replacment, great service & a very good headset worth the extra few quid have wasted money on cheaper ones that dont cut the mustard.Plantronics Voyager Pro HD Bluetooth Headset - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Best headset I've had, 17 Aug. 2012
T. Prosser (UK) - See all my reviews
I work as a sameday courier which means being on the road all day long and I need to be able to keep in contact with control while driving. So I looked for a headset that lasts all day, allows me to be heard over the engine and road noise, and is comfortable enough to wear. This one scores on all three points.

The battery seems to last several days, although I have managed to run it down more quickly I think by walking out of range a lot, that seems to drain it more. But in the two weeks I've had it I've only had to charge it about four times. This is with using it for voice calls and also with the sat nav constantly giving me directions in my ear.

Sound quality is good enough that no-one has asked me to repeat anything - although sometimes I do get the other person's voice cut in and out a bit. The best thing is this - if you have a Windows WP7 phone, you will have a feature that reads out any incoming SMS messages to you when connected to a bluetooth headset, and it will let you dictate a reply to them which it translates into text and sends for you. With this headset I can do this very easily while driving on the motorway and it gets the text spot on almost every time. It's a brilliant feature of the phone and seems to work really well with the Voyager Pro HD.

Comfort - I find it quite light to wear but it did take a few different combinations of ear tip before finding one that didn't hurt my ear too much. I don't feel like I can't wait to get it off my ear at the end of the day. The comment about accidentally pressing the call button when pushing it into your ear is nonsense - it needs quite a positive press to activate the button, I don't find that a problem at all.

I would definitely buy another of these if I needed another BT headset.

3.0 out of 5 stars plantronics voyager pro hd. very poor sound quality!, 22 Jan. 2012
I have had very many bluetooth headsets over the years and some have been better than others. Just bought 2 jawbones and these was utter rubbish, kept disconecting during a call, also when I had the headset in my pocket it would turn its self off. I put this down to the fact that the off/on switch runs the length of the unit and it doesnt take much pressure to switch it off with the sides of my pocket against it, plus it would disconnect even when the unit was next to it, both these units did this so I decided to look for another headset. Plantronics voyager pro hd kept coming up so I decided to buy one. I do need 2 headsets but wanted to see if these was what I wanted before I decided to pay out more money for the second one!. Lovely headset with very good voice information. But as soon as I was on a call the voice quality was terrible. It seemed to be as other forums have said, the crackling and popping sort of noise very much interfered with received audio from the caller. I can only descibed it as if the audio was too much for the earpiece and being over driven. You should be able to put the audio up to the loudest setting with no problems!. I had mine set half way!.
I have now sent mine back to amazon and am recieving a new one in a few days time. I realy hope this "new" unit works properly as I am getting very frustrated sending things back that I have bought recently due to poor quality and not working as things should.
By the way other people have said that they have no problems with sound quality!. It does seem that there is a problem with some of these units, if you were unlucky enough to get one!.