5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky new layout, good old Ross
Published on 17 Nov 2011 by Paul Everdark

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so sure...
Published on 19 Jan 2012 by JS

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky new layout, good old Ross, 17 Nov 2011
This review is from: Ross Noble - Headspace Cowboy [DVD] (DVD)
Ross Noble deserves way more attention than he gets. He is one of the finest comedians active right now, and his DVDs have become must-haves in my collection as of late. Not only is he fantastically funny, but because he improvises 95% of his set, no two shows are the same. Because of this, some bright spark on his team decided to fit cameras at most of his gigs and squeeze the 'other' shows on as extras. A Ross Noble DVD can be plundered for hours, and the quality of his comedy rarely, if ever, lags.

So, his latest DVD, then. Usually the phrase 'more of the same' can be a bit of an insult, but not so with Ross Noble, because it means 'to expect the unexpected'. He has his own style, but Ross is extremely flexible (quite literally!), and can move from gross-out comedy to satire to observation to all-out bizarre in mere minutes. No staleness here.

However, there is a quirk to 'Headspace Cowboy': there's no one central show on offer. Rather, you have a 'bumper selection pack' of equal size chunks, from different gigs, each one lasting about 40-50 minutes. It threw me off at first, but now I kind of like it. Let's face it: watching Ross Noble can be an exhausting experience! His usual 2 hour set can wear out your funny fuses, but with this it's easier to dip in and out, making it far more accessible.

The downside is that these shortish gigs lack that...something. We travel less into the warped mind of Mr. Noble, we have less audience interaction, and worst of all, no gifts on the stage! But before Ross fans feel too short changed, I reassure you that this DVD is in no way disappointing. Each mini-gig is excellent, squeezing the best bits into half the time so the laughs come thicker and faster than ever. And don't worry, it's very well edited, so it really does feel like you're just watching cut-free mini-gig.

And, the best quality of all to Ross' DVD remains: there's a ridiculously huge amount of it. Somewhere between 5-6 hours. So don't feel put off by the unusual format: it has a lot of upsides, including all of you newcomers looking for a gateway into this long-haired funny man. This is perfect for you. Basically, whoever you are: buy it, and enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
This is hilarious

5.0 out of 5 stars Ross Noble random wafflings - AMAZING!, 23 Mar 2012
This review is from: Ross Noble - Headspace Cowboy [DVD] (DVD)
Absolutely fantastic DVD no Ross Noble gig is ever the same! He is an excellent comedian and I am very pleased with my purchase which I stumbled on whilst looking for something else!
Always been a big fan of Ross Noble and I think he is an understated comic who I think people should have a closer look at!

Hilarious, hairy, geordie giggles!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so sure..., 19 Jan 2012
This review is from: Ross Noble - Headspace Cowboy [DVD] (DVD)
Didnt find this one as funny as the previous DVDs. Cannot pin point why very accurately. Ross is on the Sunday Night Review show and he is still very very funny. I have all of his DVDs, including non-stabnd up ones such as his Australian Road Trip. I also watched Randomist to check that I still found him funny and that it wasnt just me, and that show is still hilarious!

So what do I find wrong with this DVD? I think it is the fact that it is only bits of shows but which all have a similar theme which is basically Ross talking to the audience (or being distracted with falling glitter). There were not (m)any stories nor many observations etc such as "Fiddy Cent" or "Glitter Poo" as in Randomist. Now, I dont want Ross to repeat the same stories (he does improvise after all) but other stories about what he has been getting up to during the day in the town or what he has observed recently instead of just talking to the audience.

I think that the audience should get to know the comedian on stage a little better via their recent life experiences but on this DVD I cannot remember one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 3 Dec 2013
This review is from: Ross Noble - Headspace Cowboy [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD as a present for my brother and he loves it.

A good price, very pleased with it

5.0 out of 5 stars xmas, 14 Mar 2013
L. Stewart "happy mummer" (northumberland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ross Noble - Headspace Cowboy [DVD] (DVD)
this item arrived on time, it is very good quality and over all a very good buy. i would recomend.

Ross Noble - Headspace Cowboy [DVD]