on 22 July 2013
I've got an HP D630 laptop with an original sound card which is great for news and general music but I was having problems getting my headphone microphone to work well enough to navigate and use Dragon 11.5.
This little beauty takes the phono plugs from my Andrea ANC-700's plugs in to a USB port and what do you know?
Works perfick!!
Haven't tried anything more adventurous because I don't have a 5.1 speaker system. Yet! :-)
on 2 July 2012
Ever wanted to use headphones on a PC without grovelling around at the back, usually on the floor, looking for the "Audio Out" socket, pulling out the speaker feed and plugging in headphones? This piece of kit just plugs into a USB socket on the front and, with a little configuration in the Playback devices dialogue box, allows you to quickly feed sound output to headphones instead. For the price, it had to be worth a try: it doesn't come with any information, but installed easily on my Win7 64-bit PC, and works well enough. DJ software usually requires a second sound card to permit the use of cueing headphones (unless you already have a dual-output top-end card): again, this USB device is fine, but you may wish to sort out differing latencies and some crackles etc. (hence the four stars) by using ASIO4all or similar software. It would certainly provide adequate sound output for a laptop that had a failed soundcard section on the motherboard. The functionality set against price is amazing.
on 21 May 2012
I have had an issue with the sound on my son's PC since it was rebuilt after a virus. A friend said you can get USB Sound Cards and they just plug and play. I was very dubious but thought everything else failed I'll give it a go and if it works look for a decent one as at this price it can't be much good. Plugged it in and 1 minute later was listening to music in more than acceptable quality. 100% buy it
on 17 January 2013
Overall a good product, it does what is says it does. Would have been a 5 star, however the setup let it down. I had to go searching for a compatible driver and eventuially found it. I found that the disk that came with it was completly useless, it had instruction manuals for completly different products.
For the people having setup problem I have made a video for the complete setup - [...]
on 28 May 2012
I needed a simple sound card but as I did not have free slots to spare I decided to have a look to the available USB solutions. This had good reviews and was really cheap so I decided to give it a go. I use Lubuntu Linux on my machine and it was mostly plug and play, with only a text file to change to make it be used as the default device. So all in all, I am happy with it and it just works.
on 19 December 2012
My audiojack on my laptop broke so that I couldn't plug in my headphones. Being a bit of an audiophile this was a big deal. I can't stand listening to music through the laptop's external speakers. So I ordered a couple of USB Sound Cards in order to rectify the problem, this sound card being one of them.

To my surprise the sound quality of this card far surpasses that I've experienced on most computers. In combination with some audio software and studio headphones it's absolutely dreamy.

I never usually leave reviews, but this product was so excellent, and so relatively cheap, that I thought it would be heartless not to. I'd actually recommend using it even if your audiojack or regular sound card ISN'T broken.

Five stars, hands down.
on 23 May 2012
I am going to cheap this short and simple. This item has saved me most likely hundreds in repair bills. I have an HP Pavilion laptop and recently the sound card started playing up saying, no sound device available. if anyone out there has got the same problem or a similar issue, I definitely recommend this product.
on 18 August 2013
I was really pleased with this little device, I was surprised how well it performed.
I'm using windows 7 64bit. I just plugged it in one of my front usb ports in minutes it was ready to use, I have a creative internal card, but the front audio jack I used for my headphones broke, the headphones lead was too short to go round the back, so this usb audio was an ideal solution.
Turn the sound down before you put your headphones on though, or you'll blast your ears.
I can't get over the quality of sound from this device whether you are playing a game or listening to music.
Really, really recommend this product. no negatives. Just a really good buy.
on 20 December 2012
I Can't comment on the sound quality, as I bought two for my daughters laptops, and did not try myself, but both units fell apart on initial use. Flimsy and not fit for purpose, avoid at all cost. would have rated zero if that was an option.
on 2 December 2013
My internal sound card has been broken for years so I get these usb ones. I previously had a creative x-fi which was amazing but out of my price range a a couple of weeks ago.
I ordered this one and it worked great for the first two days. Plugged in and played with few difficulties (sometimes the drivers failed to load) but it started crackling and failing. With a few adjustments and squeezing the case back together, I got it to work for a further two days but today it has broken entirely. So four days use. Yes, it wasn't that expensive but I'd hope it would last a week at least.
Would not recommend.