Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.16

on 22 October 2012
A good readable book. The photos are disappointingly small on my keyboard Kindle, which is a drawback, as the ghostly images can't be clearly seen, which is a shame. The text is interesting and informative though.
on 23 July 2013
I love the impartial way this book is written. I read too many ghost books where they try and persuade you that the footage is real and I just end up sitting there thinking...yeah...right. The photos in this are quite good- I can actually see ghostly shapes in some (not all though).

If anything- this book has made me believe in ghosts a lot more than Annette Fielding ;)
on 30 September 2013
I found this quite interesting up to a point but then I was brought up with mediums in the family most of whom were very canny women so I have no fear of spirits who show themselves to us
on 17 January 2012
This book is one of the few that has been written from the point of view of someone actually wanting to find out about things. Its written in an honest way, and with an open mind. There is no fluffyness, and lots of common sense. The pictures are excellent as are the descriptions etc. I really enjoyed reading this book and have been recommending it to others!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 27 March 2012
This is something for the hardcore ghosthunters or the ones among us who are more likely to see the shadowy figure in the picture, as opposed to the tea stain. I liked the fact that the author has gone out to some of the buildings on multiple occasions to actually prove to herself beyond a doubt that what she has managed to capture on film is actually there.
I would advise readers to read the book on the pc/tablet or new Kindle. My Kindle Keyboard doesn't present the pictures in a very good quality. Which is why I downloaded it onto the pc app to get a better and closer look at the images.
Even I find it hard to seek the scientific explanation in some of them, although I am sure there is one, however I happen to belong to the group of people that will see the shadowy figure in the pictures.A highly entertaining little book
on 28 May 2015
I did not enjoy this book as much as I wanted too, and pictures didn't come out well on kindle.
on 31 December 2012
This is an interesting little book to while away a few hours. The authoress obviously has a passion and I particularly liked the part about Pere Lachaisse cemetery in Paris.
The only let down, is the poor reproduction quality on the pictures when viewed on a Kindle Fire HD.
on 17 January 2012
Read the paperback version of this book and it is a great read. Well written and a great page turner. So many books nowadays are badly written or badly constructed and difficult to comprehend - but this was easy to read as it is so well written. This book gives different viewpoints about whether there is an afterlife and also historical information about the places the author visited and where she took the photographs in the book. The author also gives examples about possible paranormal situations which have happened to her and her family. There are many genuine photographs of apparitions which can be seen even more clearly on the Granny Ghost Hunter website.(Have a look) The Paris Catacombs pictures are especially good. I've been there - it is a very spooky place. If you are interested in ghosts or the paranormal in general, I would highly recommend this book. Great read.
on 16 January 2012
We bought the paperback version of ' Granny Ghost Hunter ' and were very pleased with the quality of the book. Better than expected. Reading this draws you into a world of a woman who has her feet firmly on the ground. She said she began as a skeptic but was overwhelmed with the images her camera was recording. Photographs taken at historical sites, castles etc.. which on some, showed figures dressed in Monk's clothing, orbs and the like.

Shelagh's honest approach to this subject and her witty commentary makes this book a fantastic read. You end up questioning what is true reality? Is there an afterlife?

Hope she does a sequel, if so we are sure it will be just as good.
on 7 February 2014
Really not convinced about all the photos some seemed like they had been taken with a shaky hand to blur them, and some just didn't have anything like the author described. Or it may be just me being a cynic. Interesting read, but........