5.0 out of 5 stars Big Fun for Small Money
Published 15 months ago by Pauline E. Grant

1.0 out of 5 stars Bridge broke off within 4 months!
I thought it was good for the price, but after 4 months the bridge broke off, flying in the air, strings still attached to the pegs while I was playing. The wood just split across. Too late to get it replaced, so I've had to buy a new one - a different make from somewhere else.
Published 9 months ago by Wendy Riggs

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Fun for Small Money, 14 April 2013
Pauline E. Grant (South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tiger Beginner Soprano Ukulele and Bag - Black (Electronics)
I bought one of these little cuties about fifteen months ago somewhat on a whim. I had a credit to use up and it just caught my eye while browsing. However I have no regrets at all. I had assumed the uke would be made of plastic and was pleasantly surprised when it arrived to find actual wood under the shiny black paint. (I should point out at the time I purchased the uke had no name, did not come with the bag and was even cheaper than now).The nylon strings did lose tuning quite quickly but that is to be expected when new and they did settle down. The tuning pegs are really very good considering the price of the instrument. Smooth and easy to turn and absolutely no slippage at all. To my ears it sounds pretty much as I expect a uke to sound, nice and bright and quite surprisingly loud. If, like me, you want to play around with learning a musical instrument but, like me, you don't have much room or money, this is a great place to start. Fingering the chords is just so easy to do compared to a guitar and you will find the little pads building up on the ends of your fingers after just a few days. Even better, there are a wealth of helpful websites where you can pick up playing tips and learn songs for no cost outside of your broadband bill. Two I have personally found really good are [...] which has video tutorials on strumming patterns and finger picking techniques, all really well done and easy to follow, and a Dutch site called [...]This is obviously a real labour of love for whoever put it together. It has a list of songs, graded 1-4 for difficulty, featuring a video, lyrics, a real-time guide for chord changes and the chord charts for each song. There is also a set of digital pitch pipes for tuning and instant transposition for different ukulele tunings. A huge Chapeau to whoever put it together. I may not have got much further than strumming along to Three Little Birds, but I am enjoying it immensely and that is the point.
PS DISCLAIMER. I am in no way associated with the people who own or run the websites mentioned.

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap beginner ukelele, 4 Jan 2012
Could not be bettered for price as a beginners ukelele. plastic strings make for easier strumming by novice players, well pleased with item.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing buy for beginner, 18 Jan 2012
amazing for the price love and and already learning loads of songs thanks alot really would recommend to any one wanting to buy this and the price just is amazing

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiger soprano ukelele, 4 Jan 2013
Exactly as advertised and just what I wanted, arrived in perfect condition and once tuned, sounded good ! Really pleased!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Intro to Ukuleles, 15 Feb 2013
Bought this due to the good comments & cheap price as I wasn't sure the ukulele was the right instrument for me. I was not disappointed! The build quality is excellent for the price & the high gloss black looks great. Overall I would say this is a perfect buy for anyone wanting simply to learn a few chords & try out ukulele playing cheaply. Id definitely recommend buying a set of Aquila strings though for better sound quality. Also for all beginners out there note that new strings will take a couple of weeks of playing before they settle meaning you'll have to retune your ukulele a lot. After they settle the ukulele will stay in tune for much longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 2 Jan 2013
I really enjoy playing on this cheap but well made ukulele. For what it is, it's great value for money and the colours range so I bought 2 :P

5.0 out of 5 stars sounds good, 8 Nov 2013
I. K. Innes - See all my reviews
Works OK, can see why the trend in schools is to play the Ukulele rather than the recorder, much better instrument.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bridge broke off within 4 months!, 5 Oct 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok, 28 Jan 2014
a nice fit and finnish on it but the strings would not hold tune i replaced them with aquila nylgut strings it is now spot on

4.0 out of 5 stars Soprano ukelele and bag, 31 Jan 2013
Fast delivery was much appreciated and my wife promptly stared taking lessons on this tiny instrument and what's more is sticking with them , an excellent starter for anyone interested in the growing popularity of this musical
Phenomenon.