on 19 March 2012
This product was bought for removing scratches from passenger and driver side windows, It does work! However as expected this takes time. If you can feel the scratches with your finger nail nothings going to get those out. We used a power drill with a buffing attachment, putting a small blob in the middle and applying light pressure. After a little while it might have soaked into the buffer and clogged, to get around this keep a spray bottle handy and spray a little water onto the buffer or window (probably safest) this will loosen up the particles, so you may continue buffing and use less of the compound, which might save you a few ££. Incidentally if you want to save a few quid you might try regular Brasso far cheaper but will take you far longer.
on 12 March 2013
Used this to polisha very deep scratch out of a decent watch, took a while but having been told it couldn't be done, the scratch has almost gone, just watch the heat generated by the rubbing.
on 8 June 2013
Exceptional result . The supplier was also excellent, as the product did not arrive by expected date, and when contacted, sent new order straight away,with apology and extra items.
The kit worked so well, there is now no sign of the quite deep scratch that we had on our french windows.
Anne.
on 6 May 2013
Very good product, I had a series of scratches on my htc one x+, loose paper clip in my jacket + phone = annoying marks. Applied as instructed and one hour later all marks were gone. Well worth the time and money.
on 18 April 2012
This compound is ok for small areas, not recommended for larger jobs, need instructions on how to use as not everyone knows how to use it.
on 9 August 2015
Arrived well before estimated delivery. In fact it it is still saying 'its on its way'. I have used it to remove wiper blade scratches from my car windscreen. They were very noticeable and you could feel them with your finger. Note. Use as instructed. It won't work if your drill is not set to the correct 2000rpm. ( give or take 100rpm) You will be there forever. Keep checking that your glass does not get too hot! I just trickled water from a sponge ( or use a fine plant sprayer to keep cool). Keep moving the pad and not too much pressure. Keep the pad as flat as possible and rest to let things cool down. It says use mains drill. Mine has just blown a week earlier. I used a battery drill (max output was 2000rpm). It was just right. Scratches - what scratches. Gone.
on 25 October 2013
Good quality glass polish, easy to use. Did a great job on a rear screen that had a groove cut by a missing wiper blade, it removed about 80% totally (very deep groove in places).
on 25 August 2012
To be honest I wasn't convinced this would do what I wanted. I had a very fine wiper scratch in my eye line on my car windscreen. I had also read to do a proper job you should use a polishing machine but was a bit worried I may cause more damage. Check out Google/You Tube. Anyway I went to work with a felt pad I pinched from a Dremmel kit and used elbow grease and with quite a lot of patience I removed the scratch. In fact I went over the whole screen. No swirl marks or anything so am happy.
I would say that if you have a scratch you can get your nail in you may struggle as this stuff is very fine, you have to be patient, keep things wet and you must keep things spotlessly clean. 100ml was plenty for what I needed to do. Instructions where very limited but ok.
on 1 November 2014
The product was delivered on time but just does not work to remove even very faint scratches from glass. I used it with velcro polishing pads attached to a drill. I consider the glass polishing compound to be a waste of money.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 June 2013
Worked fine on my vw passat tdi head lamps
Plastic lens was cloud
Iike new now
Got same results with tooth paste but lens was not glass but plastic