5.0 out of 5 stars Best diet book i've ever bought
Having tried a few diets before - and been put off by the Atkins in the past (due to stories about smelly side effects) - i wasn't sure about trying this at first.
Published on 31 Mar. 2010 by Perfidious Albion

3.0 out of 5 stars Review of New Atkins Diet
After trying original book many years ago, very interested in the new approach. For someone starting for the first time the first chapters look at the medical aspects etc, which I found very heavy.

Published on 16 May 2010 by J. M. SHERIDAN

3.0 out of 5 stars Review of New Atkins Diet, 16 May 2010
J. M. SHERIDAN (Cheshire UK) - See all my reviews

Then you get onto the actual method of eating (diet) which is very similar but now a wider range of vegetables etc are allowed which make the whole concept more enjoyable.

After three weeks lost 16 lbs so very impressive.

Comments: The Diet chapters could be simplified with easier , visual aspects, I ended up typing out relevant info.

The carb element of vegetables does really surprise you, once in the swing it is very simple, you don't get hunger pangs, and start enjoying this new way of eating.

You need to be a person who likes protein though. Overall really pleased with diet and I am sure this will change my way of eating for the future. Good Luck, and your in for some surprises on your weight loss ( do use the scales to weigh rather than guess)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best diet book i've ever bought, 31 Mar. 2010
But its much more flexible than i thought and there's more variety than i thought i'd be allowed. Plus as someone who doesnt want to just eat slabs of meat all day every day this book gives much more scope for alternatives and veggie options so its much more useful for an ongoing, everyday diet than the standard Atkins stuff.
I've definitely seen the results - and would recommend to anyone who's considered Atkins in the past but been put off by the limitation and meat-focus of it.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you're looking to lose weight, 30 Nov. 2010
If you are looking to lose weight, this plan works.......unfortunately if you are like me then the reason for wanting to lose weight is simply a question of discipline.....and I hate discipline. However, for me this book is an eye opener to just how much starchy carb loaded food (which I love!!) affects my weight. This book will show you how to reduce carbs, and on the induction phase pretty much eliminate them, this in turn will lead to fairly rapid weight loss....but by far the most agreeable fact for me is that after 6-7 days a higher protein diet eliminates my appetite so I'm not left feeling like I want to eat my right arm to get through the day. But as with all diets I am forced to consider that it is not rocket science.....for me fewer carb rich foods..more excercise and I will inevitably head toward a more desirable weight........Am I happy about that?? Not at all. If you have not tried this method, I would recommend the book, but read the theory behind it!!! The onlypeople who "knock" atkins.......usually have never tried it...so far I have lost 32lbs and importantly am not at all hungry....I have yet to stump up the courage to start regular excercise....give it a go, stick with what it says for 30 days, and then you can decide! Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars diet success, 27 Aug. 2010
Mrs. Ann I. Perkins (leicestershire) - See all my reviews
bought the book for myself then my neighbour - we have each lost one and a half stones!

5.0 out of 5 stars PLAIN AND SIMPLE BUT WORKS WONDERS!, 17 May 2010
E. Overland (South Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
After years of hearing about Dr Atkins all singing, all dancing diet, and with only 4 weeks to go to my holidays, I thought I'd give it a whirl. The diet was pretty straight forward and basic with no set meals to follow. I can honestly say that I have found it quite easy to follow, though at times I have been a little bit bored. I followed the 2 week initial plan and found it relatively easy, as diets go at least. I was a little bit confused about the net carbs it mentions in the book but it does explain it in detail. Altogether I have lost about 22 lb in 4 weeks but must admit have cheated once or twice! I have quite a lot to lose but I didn't feel really hungry like on previous diets I have been on and didn't suffer from bad breath as I had heard from other people who have tried it. The book goes into detail about the science behind the diet which is quite interesting. I love salads but also like the coleslaw and mayonnaise to go with it, this diet lets you have both so it seems to suit me. Give it a try and be surprised because, believe me, I have tried every diet in the book! The added bonus is that the book was a brilliant price on Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but needs better UK localisation, 2 April 2010
P. D. Thompson (Peterborough, UK) - See all my reviews
A well written book explaining the science and practice of low carbohydrate dieting. It has been anglicised to some extent (weights in stones, for example) but there is a heavy USA bias in the nutritional data of retail food products and in the use of weird american units like cups.

The biggest issue for UK/EU readers is that there is a lot of stuff about net carbs, ie carbohydrate minus fibre, but the nutritional labelling in the USA is different to that over here - they include dietary fibre in the carbohydrate figure and hence subtracting fibre for net carbs makes sense. Here we put dietary fibre under a separate heading on our labels and don't count fibre in with carbohydrates so it would be easy to consume too many carbs by subtracting fibre when this has already been done.

Apart from the above rather epic fail the method is robust and works if followed. Lost 6lbs in a week according to my Wii starting with a BMI of 31.

5.0 out of 5 stars no more yo yo dieting, 24 Jun. 2010
M. Driver - See all my reviews
Good book, well written to be easily understood. So far so good with the diet and it is a life changer.

5.0 out of 5 stars best diet ever. just make sure you don't cave in after a few days and you'll never look back., 29 May 2014
This review is from: New Atkins For a New You: The Ultimate Diet for Shedding Weight and Feeling Great (Kindle Edition)
I feel like a new version of myself since starting this, what started out as a mission to lose weight has become so much more. Don't listen to the haters, Dr Atkins did not die of heart disease and you won't get liver failure. What you will get is a second chance at a healthy heart, a cure for metabolic syndrome and energy levels that you won't have experienced since you were 10! I 💜 Atkins. If you are serious about making a change for the better then get Robert Lustig's "Fat chance" too. I read both together and felt like the penny had just dropped. I have lost a stone in 3 weeks, I can't imagine going back to feeling so tired and unmotivated. I didn't even realise how I'll I felt, headaches, bloating, lethargy until they just weren't there any more. The weight loss has now become a wonderful bonus of doing Atkins, the main thing is how great I feel. I never would have believed it possible.

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for the food labelling issue, 15 Jun. 2010
The diet works. I've been on it for 10 weeks and have lost 24lb. The book itself is a typical diet book with too much filler in (verbal carbohydrate?) but quite readable. The only thing to watch for if you buy it is that the book is written for the US market, and their food labelling is different; US carb figures include fibre. The book therefore tells you to deduct fibre from carbs to get 'net carbs'. If you're in Europe you mustn't do this because the labelling is different, and this could dramatically reduce your weight loss.
The Atkins website has a useful forum which is also a source of support and information.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 25 May 2010
Mrs. D. W. Costello (Worcestershire, England) - See all my reviews
I never tried the old Atkins diet so can't compare but this one is working well for me. I'd heard that Atkins was a fad diet that involved eating meat only and made you feel ill. Not so this new version. I've felt fine although I am eating more meat than usual.I lost 7lb the first week and 2-3lb a week since then. I am rarely hungry and have lost my cravings for all the naughty food ( although I now look longingly at bread, pasta and potatoes which are forbidden at first and severly restricted later.) The book is a bit boring to read in it's entirety but easy to dip in and out of. Only downside, which is why it has 4 and not 5 stars, is that the diet is expensive.