5.0 out of 5 stars Multi Region Upscaling DVD Player
Looks good and very easy to set up. This replaced an old LG combi dvd/vhs recorder and I wish I had done this before. Picture quality brilliant, sound quality good even though I'm using an HDMI pigtail splitter connection. I'm able to play Region 0,1 and 2 dvds so far without needing to resort to a hack code. An excellent buy.
Published on 16 Nov. 2011 by DoubleEm

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped playing discs after 3 months.
Published on 18 Jan. 2013 by Miss epiphany

5.0 out of 5 stars Multi Region Upscaling DVD Player, 16 Nov. 2011
DoubleEm (South Wales,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toshiba SD3010KE DVD Player (Multiregion, HDMI, Upscaling 1080p) (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!, 7 Dec. 2011
Bought this particular model because of multi-region. It is definitely plays all regions DVDs. Brilliant product! Superb picture and sound. Very simple to install and operate. Very pleased with the purchase. Thanks to seller, it's arrived in no time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the Job, 23 Mar. 2013
PeeJay (Devon England) - See all my reviews
As usual I read the reviews from 1* to 5* on all the DVD players I could find and decided that my best option was to buy Toshiba.
The multi region capability, HDMI and upscaling to 1080p all influenced my decision. I have tried every type of disc in my library and it has excepted every one. I have it connected to my old Analogue 28" flat screen Panasonic TV by scarp lead as the TV does not have an HDMI connection. Even so, the picture is brilliant and I am reluctant to purchase a Panasonic 42" LED digital TV which would be my choice, while the old set is working so well. The Toshiba is neat and looks well sat above a new Humax FOX T2 Recorder. The only downside about this recorder is that it won't play RAM discs of which I have a few. I was aware of this when I purchased the item so really I can't complain. The Toshiba SD3010KE DVD Player is a nice piece of equipment of which I am completely satisfied and if you are in the market for one, you will be too. Delivery was on time and the goods were packaged extremely well. Bought from Magic Discounts through Amazon I give them both 5***** and thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba SD 2030 Multi Region DVD Player, 30 Jan. 2012
Mr. N. E. Thompson "music man" (Cornwall. UK) - See all my reviews
This DVD player is a real cracker! Not only is it multi region but it is HDMI giving a high quality picture. It is small, light and is good with Cd's also. A very good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Region Free Wonder!, 22 Aug. 2013
Excellent player - does exactly what it says it will! I can finally watch and buy US (region 1) dvds and enjoy them!

The delivery was great - was able to track it and get an estimated time of delivery! Polite delivery (XPD)

It plays in 1080p and the picture quality is excellent - sound perfect and it even makes old dvd's look and sound fantastic!

If your looking to play different region dvd's I highly recommend this DVD player! Just put the DVD in and it works!

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely Multi Region Player..., 15 Jan. 2013
Titch (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
...which is good because that's why I bought it. No problems so far and I've been using it a couple times a week since Christmas. I've only used it as a basic DVD player so can't comment on it's additional features but it works well enough for my needs, so I'm happy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped playing discs after 3 months., 18 Jan. 2013
When it DID work, really loved the quality of the picture and it played all of my non-UK discs with no problems...for 12 weeks. I think one other reviewer talks about the similar problems I had - arbitrarily not recognising discs, spitting them out, awful grinding sounds, leaving scratches on disc, coming up with disc error etc. Did the usual disc clean which was a waste of time. Not happy and won't go anywhere near this model again. Might just be a dodgy one as other reviews are positive but for me, wouldn't touch this with a barge pole. Such a shame as great upscaling picture. If it worked for longer than a few weeks. Fuming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plays US DVDs just fine., 25 Nov. 2011
dnc (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
I wanted a DVD player to play my US DVDs on my UK tv. The first two US discs I have tried work just fine. The picture and sound are great. The warning that Amazon sells products that only play zone 2 discs apparently does not apply to this as it was not technically sold by Amazon, but the warning is confusing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Problems, 6 Jan. 2014
While the picture quality is excellent and it's slick, well designed and easy to use, I had a lot of trouble with this player. It was intermittently very noisy, right from new, and after a few weeks DVDs began to stick repeatedly. I found it hard to believe that such a reputable manufacturer should produce such an unreliable product and put the faults down to damp in my house. But after I moved to a dry place the sticking of any disc got worse and watching stuff on the Toshiba was intolerable. It was just five months old when I gave up and went back to my old player, which was half the price, from a minor manufacturer, and far more reliable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware - Playback only lasts 22 Mins, 29 Oct. 2013
This is a very good DVD player but it has one major drawback. When you stop the DVD you can only resume from the point you were at for a period of 22 mins, after that time it defaults to standby and you then have to go back to the begining of the DVD disc and find your place again. This is very annoying and even on basic DVD players or video recorders you can go back and resume where you were at for an indefinite period. This basic manufacturing error ruins what is otherwise a very good DVD player as then upscaling picture is very good and impressive on most films. It should be made clear that playback is only for 22 mins because if I had of known this I would not have purchased the model but I am now stuck with it, and it is very annoying and frustrating as the playback function should be for a much longer or indefinite period and not just 22 mins. Disappointing and something that Toshiba should sort out on future models.