4.0 out of 5 stars Still Brilliant Fun!
I purchased the game knowing exactly what to expect as I have been a long-time player of WarCraft III. I re-purchased it after moving abroad and giving away all my games to my father and sister (who also enjoy the game!)

Published on 25 Jan. 2012 by Samuel Connolly

1.0 out of 5 stars Software errors that wouldn't allow the program to load even on my super fast gaming laptop
I couldn't get it to work. Software errors that wouldn't allow the program to load even on my super fast gaming laptop.
Published 3 months ago by Sam Hearn

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Still Brilliant Fun!, 25 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Warcraft 3 - Gold Edition (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)

Armed with new and much faster computer than my previous one this game runs like a dream, but can still be played on surprisingly low-spec machines without much trouble at all.

The graphics are great. I really like the ability to zoom into my bases and through the terrain. The balancing is second-to-none and the patches have sorted out the problems that do remain. It's easy to get the hang of but challenging to master so doesn't get boring quickly.

The campaigns are fun and lighthearted. However, I personally did not enjoy the rigidness of it though; a degree of flexibility would have been good. The lack of a dedicated orc campaign in TFT is really dissapointing. They aren't as difficult as you might hope as they can usually be won with sheer numbers.

Custom battles are really good fun with a great range of maps and options. The AI can become quite predictable once you get the hang of the game and notice patterns but sometimes still a challenge on insane mode if you give yourself a handicap. The fact that the enemy won't use ships or zeppelins is very frustrating as it means you can't play some maps against the computer.

Mutliplayer mode is brilliant fun, though the online community can be quite abusive and aren't welcoming to casual players who just enjoy the occassional game. The levelling system doesn't make sense as players can create as many accounts as they like meaning that expert players can have level one accounts and obliterate you. There are some truly fantastic custom maps out there made by the community

5.0 out of 5 stars Remember To Get Your Latest Patch / Update, 17 April 2013
M. Newell "Matt" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Warcraft 3 - Gold Edition (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
To receive the latest patch for this game (and there's one waiting if you've just installed the game) click on the 'Battle.net' button on the main screen.
Amongst other things, it gives you more options when selecting your screen resolution (my game plays in full-screen mode now, whereas it could not before).

A complete list of all the changes included in the latest patch can be found on the URL below:
[...]

I'm not going to review the game itself since any of the 5* reviews does this game enough justice :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring it on, 1 Feb. 2013
Mr. A. Hougham (cardiff, wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Warcraft 3 - Gold Edition (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Great game well worth the money, hours of fun.
compatible with Windows 7 it runs fine no problems.
Very playable, I have the full set of Warcraft and this
is the best of the three. I have not played the -
frozen throne expansion yet
but if its anything like the reign of chaos I,ll be happy.
Good story line, good game play and bags of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Of to war, 6 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Warcraft 3 - Gold Edition (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Best game ever made by Blizzard. and i would suggest anyone reading this should buy the product straight away. So go now and buy the product.

4.0 out of 5 stars This Was The Beginning, 13 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Warcraft 3 - Gold Edition (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
... of my Warcraft addiction.

That might sound like a horrible thing to say. Although, by "addiction" I do not use it in the fullest of its potential. Warcraft III is where the whole adventure of Orcs and Humans started for me. It i a fantastic story, spun with the fantasy creations of Orcs, once dedicated by Tolkien.

The story reveals the fall of Arthas to eventually become the Lich King, Surprisingly, the game is still a bundle of enjoyment and is great to play (especially if your WoW fan) to discover where the likes of the Lich King, Lady Sylvanas and Jaina Proudmoore.

The Gold Edtion comes with the extra expansion of the Frozen Throne, where you have the opportunity to take control of the Lich King and of Illidan Stormrage. The story of Outland is started in the expansion, which continues in the first WoW expansion.

A great game all round and deserves its success.

5.0 out of 5 stars PC Gaming Classic, 15 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Warcraft 3 - Gold Edition (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I'm no massive Blizzard fan, nor am I too great at RTS games - but Warcraft III is simply a must have!

Sure, the graphics may be a little dated and it can take a while to get the hang of the game's mechanics, but once you do, the pay-off is phenomenal!
You will have at-least one-thousand hours of (guaranteed) fun with this title!

Frozen Throne's a helluva riot too, think of it as the kind of DLC you just don't find any-more.
The kind that provides you with actual content, considerable updates to the game, a new storyline to entertain you and so on (not just entirely cosmetic differences or an overrated horde-mode).

Overall, this game is well worth then ten quid, and as my title states: it's a true PC gaming classic!

(SIDE NOTE: Multiplayer spawned the incredibly popular MOBA genre with the game-mode, Defence of the Ancients. So yeah, guess you could say Warcraft III's pretty big news).

5.0 out of 5 stars Good game good game, 14 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Warcraft 3 - Gold Edition (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Not the game i remeber, i bit slow by todays standards but it worked without any help from patches etc (whci i was concerned aabout). Arrived on sime and in good order.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Buy for all strategy game lovers, 7 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Warcraft 3 - Gold Edition (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I've previously owned it before but my copy went missing, great price with included expansion, the game still looks visually stunning, the campaigns on single player have great storylines, good characters and is a great way to get used to all the functions and options the game has to offer, the online battle.net is where it really comes into its own though, the only fault i would say is sometimes the pairing of teams when playing with random people can be a bit unfair especially when your starting to just get to know the game but if you stick with it, it will be worth while in the end

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch, 16 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Warcraft 3 - Gold Edition (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Classic game, from before the era of needing to be online constantly. One of the best war simulators of the type, and funnily done.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia with a few drawbacks, 1 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Warcraft 3 - Gold Edition (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I'm still busy with the campaigns but this game has lived up to my expectations, so far! I wanted to rediscover the games I used to play when I was younger so I started with Starcraft 1, but couldn't find a decent Warcraft 2 so I chose this one instead and I'm not disappointed.

However, I don't know whether it is my computer which is getting old or if this version (English) of Warcraft 3 is not entirely compatible with my laptop (bought in Belgium) but I can't seem to be able to watch the cinematics in-between campaigns, although the smaller cinematics (at the start and end of each mission) are totally fine.

Additionally, battlenet seems to be unavailable (I get a warning stating that an error occurred while dling files from battlenet and that it may have sth to do with the space available on my hard drive, which is not really logical since I have 19Gb + available on it).
But apart from that, great feeling to play one of the best games in the world once again!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Warcraft 3 - Gold Edition (PC DVD)
Warcraft 3 - Gold Edition (PC DVD) by Blizzard (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)