4.0 out of 5 stars Very very good, nearly great
I'll start by explaining the missing star. In almost every respect this is a five star camera, in my opinion. But the flash will only sync to 1/60th of a second. If that means nothing to you or you never use flash, buy this camera. I'll get back to this one negative at the end.

This is what I like:
1. Small enough (I bought the 10mm 2.8 kit) to fit in my...
Published 20 months ago by Mr. Bj Chambers

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
After waiting some time before buying myself a DSLR I thought the J1 was the perfect camera for me, compact, good looking and easy/quick to use. My first impressions weren't great as I took the camera body out of the box the metal casing seemed a little loose on the front causing it to bend and click if pressed. Not what I expected on a 450 camera. But I decided to put...
Published on 17 Jan 2012 by S. RODGERS

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon heaven, 27 Dec 2012
Excellent little compact mirrorless camera. Great pictures straight out of the box. Easy menu system, (if you are used to nikon's way of working).Well rec omended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, 10 Dec 2012
This review is from: Nikon 1 J1 Compact System Camera with 10-30mm and 30-110mm Double Lens Kit - White (10.1MP) 3 inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
Very neat, a good size,getting to know the camera has been fun,would reccomend,glad I got the two lenses as can get into changing them straight away

5.0 out of 5 stars nice camera, 25 Nov 2012
I got the 10-30mm lens kit one month ago and took it to the Italy ten days ago. The image quality of the camera is really clear and colorful. But I think this lens is not good for taking buildings. Maybe I need to consider to buy one more lens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top grade camera, 16 Sep 2012
A very easy to operate camera and which takes a superb picture and even in darkened conditions ,the quality and ease of the Nikon will improve my picture taking no end , this camera I recommend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 July 2014
Payments can be bit messing,, not smooth enough

4.0 out of 5 stars Switching on, 10 Dec 2011
With reference to WildFrank's comments, any of you who have experience with the Olympus Pen system will know that the double action switching on process is all down to the collapsible lens. The lens has to be in the extended position for shooting to commence. At least Nikon have made the effort here to make switching a one step process - push the lens button and twist and you switch on the camera.

I haven't had the camera long enough yet to make too much of a comment on image quality but the image stabilisation system in the lens appears to work extremely well. It will be worthwhile exploring the menu thoroughly if you want to make the most of this camera. Simply putting the camera in auto mode and you run the risk of shooting at very high ISOs. How much this affects IQ, only time will tell. So far, the camera is fun to use and that's a big plus. I'm not all that keen on the pop up flash as it appears quite flimsy. Nikon have made it so it stands up high off the camera (to reduce red-eye?) but I wouldn't like to give it a good knock whilst it's raised. Most of the magazine reviews are quite favourable but all make statements such as, "image quality is very good considering the small size of the sensor". Now I don't think size should matter when you're paying 400+. Image quality should be very good. If not, Nikon have shot themselves in the foot. All being well, I'll get back to you on that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good seller, 11 Aug 2014
Love this camera brilliant!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very decent Camera, 15 Feb 2012
The Emperor (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was quite impressed with this camera. The picture quality and all the technical specifications are of a high standard. It is easy to use and takes a great picture. It has been a while since I have used a camera of this quality so I can't really compare it to other cameras in this price range. I haven't tried as some of the other reviewers do an excellent job in describing and comparing the camera's capabilities!

It was slightly odd that it didn't come with a memory card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon J1, 1 Aug 2013
Mr. Charles H. Bunyan (UK) - See all my reviews
This camera is just great.It has very stylish looks and performs well.If their was any complaint is nikon should include a SDHC card also they should include a spare battery because it is heavy on power.I would recommend as this is not a major issue to me

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch, 18 July 2013
Great camera easy to work. My wife is still working out how to use it though.
Printed photos are excelent. A big step up from our usual cameras. My son and a work mate recomended it.
Very happy with it..