5.0 out of 5 stars Just purchased... and review updated.
Published 11 months ago by Tomcatuk

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after a few uses
I only used it a few times and it has stopped working already and not charging my iphone . anymore.
Published 8 months ago by Martina Kenny

5.0 out of 5 stars Just purchased... and review updated., 4 Aug 2013
This review is from: AnkerŪ Astro 5600mAh Portable External Battery Charger with Built-In Flashlight for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4, Retina iPad Mini 2, Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, Note 2, Note 3, HTC One and most other smartphones (Apple adapters - 30 pin and lightning, not included) (Electronics)
Only just got this, mainly to charge up a gopro battery, but thought I would charge up my iphone5 as was about to go out and no time to plug into mains charger, as it does not come supplied with the latest type (lighting connector) I took the iphone lead with me and plugged it in... great its charging... two minutes later the charging stops and you get the yellow warning triangle displaying on the iphone5 that this is not a compatible charger and so will not charge your iphone5 despite the product claiming to charge it.

Update: After writing this review I was contacted by Anker who were most concerned about this not working with the iPhone 5, to cut a long story short this product now gets FIVE stars and the same for the Anker support via email, there is sometimes a slight delay in getting a reply due to the times zone but it was sorted out and Anker sent me a replacement unit via Amazon.
I plugged it in to a half charged unit and no more warning from the iphone, charged up the iphone which was on 67% to 100% in no time at all, can not recommend this company and support highly enough, if only all support was like this... they also told me no need to return the old unit so keeping that as it works on the Gopro hero 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Gadget In My Briecase, 16 Jan 2013
Very good product, quality made and clear instructions. Useful additional to carry around to boost the charge on my two mobile phones as well as my Kindle Fire HD when on the go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 3 Nov 2013
Buy it! We do a lot of traveling and find this item indispensable. It holds a very large charge, brilliant for charging all sorts of stuff. The torch, which we rarely use, is incredibly bright and apparently lasts for days. So usefull.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, 29 Nov 2013
No problems with this. Arrived in a few days and took about 4 hours to charge fully. Have since used it to charge up iPhone and ipad, a very useful tool to take with you if you think your phone or pad will run out of battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - buy one!, 25 Jun 2014
Used today for the first time and I must say, I was really impressed. I hadn't charged the Astro so it only had the partial charge it came with. It charged my iPhone 5 much quicker than I expected and without overheating the phone or charger. At this price, it's a bargain even if you have to buy a lightning cable (Amazon basics 100mm) and a charger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 5 Feb 2013
Mr. Ahmad Ali Hafiz (Durham, UK) - See all my reviews
I was one of the lucky ones to get a Google Nexus 4 in December, which I absolutely love but ran out of juice quite often (especially when you can't keep your hands off it!) Seeing the battery was not user replaceable, I came across this gem of a product by chance.

The item arrived after 3 days of ordering, and on unboxing I couldn't believe how tiny and light the thing is (probably only slightly slimmer but longer than a box of matches) It came with plenty of adapter connectors including microUSB, and has 2 ports for connecting a USB cable (supplied) on the bottom and a charging microUSB port, which is really handy as I can use my Nexus charger to power up this bad boy.

Being quite a high capacity battery charging takes a good 4 hours at least to fully charge. It has a 4 blue indicator LEDs that tells you how much juice it has left (blinks 4 lights if 100%, e if 75% etc) by pressing a button just below the bottom LED light. I think this is perfect as opposed to the LED constantly flashing which probably would drain the battery and be a major annoyance.

Once it's fully charge, you just simply connect the USB cable with the desired adaptor and plug it into your phone. It actually charges my Nexus 4 very quickly, even as I'm using it to check my Facebook and whatsapp on the couch (roughly ~40% after an hour) and I simply love not being tied to the nearest wall socket just to charge it. It does charge my nexus up fully after about 2 1/2 hours and even after you're good for another 1 and a half charge.

You can easily store it in your bag if you're off to work or even in your pocket, but it makes your pocket look a bit bulky. This thing is very portable, and will be handy next time I'm on a plane with no USB ports (they charge very slowly anyway)

The only 2 criticisms I have is you need the USB cable to connect the adaptor, which makes it a little clumsy to carry while charging your phone, and it is a little thick compared to my phone. I would've preferred it to be wider but less thick and to be able to connect the adaptor to the USB port so you wouldn't need any wires in between, but it's just a minor annoyance I can live with.

All in all this is ESSENTIAL to Nexus 4 owners (or any smartphone owners with moderate-to-poor battery life, for that matter) I can now rest in peace knowing my phone won't die on me while out doing my day-to-day activities!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
Looks good work brilliant,small and compact .All in all a very good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 21 May 2014
All batteries on mobile devices never last long. This is a fantastic product to take the panic away, charge your phone or device on the moves. I always get two phone charged from it even if it has been in my bag for weeks

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, 28 Nov 2013
I love the quirky gift box it came in. The product seems to be exactly as described. No frills and good instructions. Simple to use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after a few uses, 20 Nov 2013